2018 DT.Org Fundraiser-The Last Hurrah!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is on a distinguished road PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Hello, I am currently looking for Leviathan Wakes S/L #398 (mainly) or #206. I am not sure what the market is for this single book but am willing to get pretty close to whatever you ask as I need it to complete two sets. Thanks for any leads, just send a PM.
    Wanted:
    Malazan Lettered XX
    The Hour of the Oxrun Dead S/L #13

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Iím looking for MISTER SLAUGHTER Limited Edition #78 by Subterranean Press. Thanks!
    Mister Slaughter S/L is one of those books that is so hard to find. But keep poking around, every now and then when you least expect it one will pop up. Finding #78 will be tough, but you never know. I hope you find it.

I ended up giving up on finding it and got a full set that had it and sold my individual copies of the rest of the series.
    Thanks, Luke. Thatís good to know. This will be my first matching set of anything and figured it would be a good first hunt. Maybe Iím being overzealous but itíll do the job of cutting my teeth for this process. And of course, even I find Mister Slaughter thereís still the unknown around the first book, right? Do you know anything about that? Whatís your number by the way?
    Part of the fun is the hunt. Although sometimes, it is just plain bad odds. And books that are that tough to find, once you do, they are very expensive on the secondary. Iím feeling that burn right now with Storm Front and Fool Moon of the Dresden Files.

There still is value for a nonmatching full set of a series. Some people wonít have it that way. But many will. Of course matching sets sell for more.

For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They arenít the best S/L out there, but does round out the series. Iím hoping at somepoint Bill is able to get rights for this and does an S/L with Chong as artist. Will be awesome.

I have one matching set and one non-matching. Donít recall the number offhand, but I did go check the other day when I saw your post to see if I by chance had 78. No luck.

Someone last year posted a full set on ebay for like 500 bucks or something, maybe even lower. Whoever snagged that really made out.

A full set was just at Hyraxia and sold for roughly 1400 US.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=TravelinJack;1109530]
    For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They arenít the best S/L out there, but does round out the series.
    You can still buy the limited from River City Publishing. They may even letter it instead of numbering it, since they seem to be arbitrarily doing that.

Speaks the Nightbird limited at River City

Hunter

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=goathunter;1109545]
    For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They arenít the best S/L out there, but does round out the series.
    You can still buy the limited from River City Publishing. They may even letter it instead of numbering it, since they seem to be arbitrarily doing that.

Hunter
    Excellent, thanks for posting this.

Adam - canít beat that price.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Citizen of Gilead Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just trying to be honest. Buy the books and find out for yourself...hint, hint.
    I already have the complete set.
    I must be dense right now. Whatís the hint?

Iím looking for MISTER SLAUGHTER Limited Edition #78 by Subterranean Press. Thanks!
    Mister Slaughter S/L is one of those books that is so hard to find. But keep poking around, every now and then when you least expect it one will pop up. Finding #78 will be tough, but you never know. I hope you find it.

I ended up giving up on finding it and got a full set that had it and sold my individual copies of the rest of the series.
    Thanks, Luke. Thatís good to know. This will be my first matching set of anything and figured it would be a good first hunt. Maybe Iím being overzealous but itíll do the job of cutting my teeth for this process. And of course, even I find Mister Slaughter thereís still the unknown around the first book, right? Do you know anything about that? Whatís your number by the way?
    Part of the fun is the hunt. Although sometimes, it is just plain bad odds. And books that are that tough to find, once you do, they are very expensive on the secondary. Iím feeling that burn right now with Storm Front and Fool Moon of the Dresden Files.

There still is value for a nonmatching full set of a series. Some people wonít have it that way. But many will. Of course matching sets sell for more.

For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They arenít the best S/L out there, but does round out the series. Iím hoping at somepoint Bill is able to get rights for this and does an S/L with Chong as artist. Will be awesome.

I have one matching set and one non-matching. Donít recall the number offhand, but I did go check the other day when I saw your post to see if I by chance had 78. No luck.

Someone last year posted a full set on ebay for like 500 bucks or something, maybe even lower. Whoever snagged that really made out.

A full set was just at Hyraxia and sold for roughly 1400 US.
    Thank you for all your help Luke! Iíll definitely take your advice regarding Nightbird. As for the hunt, Iím in no hurry and hope to have fun with it. Of course, I say that now while itís so early on haha. Who knows...maybe Iíll get lucky or just be happy with an outlier in the set.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Citizen of Gilead Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody is a jewel in the rough Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=goathunter;1109545]

Hunter
    Awesome.. thank you, Hunter!! Great advice to complete the set with this in the meantime.

Breaker ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've sort of lost track. The hint is to but my LUCIFER'S LOTTERY books so you can read them for yourself and find out why I didn't like the story. I'm a lousy salesman I guess.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Default Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

I've sort of lost track. The hint is to but my LUCIFER'S LOTTERY books so you can read them for yourself and find out why I didn't like the story. I'm a lousy salesman I guess.
    Oh I thought you were talking about the matching Corbett set for some reason. No wonder I had no idea what you meant.

Is it me or does that look like Shrek on the cover of Luciferís Lottery? Whatís so repulsive about it? Ultra gory or what?

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for all your help Luke! Iíll definitely take your advice regarding Nightbird. As for the hunt, Iím in no hurry and hope to have fun with it. Of course, I say that now while itís so early on haha. Who knows...maybe Iíll get lucky or just be happy with an outlier in the set.
    Hope you're able to find a S/L of Mister Slaughter. I'll keep an eye out as well.

WTB:

Breaker ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan is a splendid one to behold ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh I thought you were talking about the matching Corbett set for some reason. No wonder I had no idea what you meant.

Is it me or does that look like Shrek on the cover of Luciferís Lottery? Whatís so repulsive about it? Ultra gory or what?
    Just disgusting stuff. I'd mention one of them but then I'd ruin the story for you if you ever read it, which I don't recommend.
    It's not Shrek, it's something even worse. I am definitely not a Shrek fan either.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy has much to be proud of Tommy's Avatar

My apologies if my remark was out of line. I'm a huge Ed Lee fan and sometimes people's reactions to his work are rather amusing to me. He is considered by some to be the father of extreme horror and I totally understand the people that hate his work. I let my sister read the first paragraph of The Pig and she got angry. I have an enormous Lee collection (some came from Bad Penny's collection for those that remember) and if I did not already have the books you are offering (and if I had the extra money), I would snatch them in a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My apologies if my remark was out of line. I'm a huge Ed Lee fan and sometimes people's reactions to his work are rather amusing to me. He is considered by some to be the father of extreme horror and I totally understand the people that hate his work. I let my sister read the first paragraph of The Pig and she got angry. I have an enormous Lee collection (some came from Bad Penny's collection for those that remember) and if I did not already have the books you are offering (and if I had the extra money), I would snatch them in a second!
    No apology required! I am easily amused, as I heard someone once say, or sing. Anyway, I love all of your remarks, and even your remarques, because they are all so remarkable!
    The books are still for sale, by the way.

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

I was a huge Edward Lee fan, but burnt out on him around a dozen years ago. While I no longer read him, thereís no denying his talent. In fact, I wish heíd write more tempered material like his Cemetery Dance and LITTLE BOOKS novellas so I could have the pleasure of enjoying his work once again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46