Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Dan Simmons, SUMMER OF NIGHT, 1st/1st ed. HC (Putnam). Signed on title page. Near Fine / Near Fine. Page edges have a couple small smudges; dustjacket is price-clipped. A very nice copy, but not quite Fine or as-new, so priced accordingly. $30 shipped (regular PayPal), U.S. only.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

$25 shipped on any of the below:

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    For sale: a BAAL slipcase -- for the Firecrest/Chivers UK 1st HC edition.

I'm not a big slipcase fan like some here, so am letting this one go to help finance a book purchase.

I've seen a couple clear plastic ones, but I've never seen a cloth one. Not sure of its origin...as far I know, it's a custom job, but by whom I've idea. Whoever it was, they did a pretty nice job. The cloth is tight on the boards, and the and construction is firm. There are a few tiny glue spots near several seams that show up as a bit yellowish against the gray cloth, and the edge lines of the cloth inside the opening are a little wavy, so I'm guessing this isn't a professional job. But, again, whoever it was, they did a pretty good job.

$30 shipped (regular PayPal), U.S. only.

...and...

Dan Simmons, SUMMER OF NIGHT, 1st/1st ed. HC (Putnam). Signed on title page. Near Fine / Near Fine. Page edges have a couple small smudges; dustjacket is price-clipped. A very nice copy, but not quite Fine or as-new, so priced accordingly. $30 shipped (regular PayPal), U.S. only.

...and...

EXOTIC GOTHIC 3: Strange Visitations, Ash Tree Press HC, 1st/1st, Fine/Fine (dustjacket a little rubbed, but otherwise F/F).

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

FS:

McCammon - The Border, signed trade from SP
    David Morrell - First Blood S/L
    The Shining studies in horror. NF, F-, whatever. Tiny corner crease
    John Langan - Mr. Gaunt and other uneasy encounters (1000 hardcovers made)
    TM Wright - I am the Bird s/l
    David Case - Masters of the Weird Tale. Centipede Press. Unsigned but in fine condition.

Send an offer. I don't care how much, almost nothing can offend me. I'll be stateside in a few days and I could send them without the international shipping charge.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Default Rogues

Just a shot in the Dark here. I have letter Y of Rogues. I'd like to trade is for letter F plus some cash. If you have and are interest please let me know. Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    Just a shot in the Dark here. I have letter Y of Rogues. I'd like to trade is for letter F plus some cash. If you have and are interest please let me know. Thanks!
    I have letter D but I would love letter Y, hahahaha
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    I have letter D but I would love letter Y, hahahaha
    Maybe you guys should trade! Man, D is so close.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

It is! And I'm always to put a book in a good home if it fills a sentimental value.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    FS:

McCammon - The Border, signed trade from SP

David Case - Masters of the Weird Tale. Centipede Press. Unsigned but in fine condition.

Send an offer. I don't care how much, almost nothing can offend me. I'll be stateside in a few days and I could send them without the international shipping charge.
    I might surprise you.

Not a fan of David Case's (have BROTHERLY LOVE & OTHER TALES by Pumpkin), but I do love Centipede's work. Feel free to PM me your lowest acceptable price (and, yes, I'm in the U.S.).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am selling my (incomplete) lettered Malazan books - Steven Erikson.
    Plus rights to the remaining four books.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steven-Eriks...:L:LCA:US:1123

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Sale:
    Rogues Subterranean Press - limited, PC, $200 shipped
    The Club Dumas, SP, limited, signed - $130 shipped
    Lies Of Locke Lamora, 1st UK, signed, Fine - $195
    The Republic of Thieves, 1st Uk, signed, numbered - $75
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how many Springsteen fans are out there...just got back from an evening with Bruce at the Nourse theater in SF. I was able to get a couple extra signed copies of his autobiography: Born to run. These have the special publishers bound signed limitation page - you can check eBay to see (and see probably the hottest selling book right now).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bruce-Spring...MAAOSwCGVX9Di~

Selling the few I have for $325 (includes shipping in US and overseas would be actual shipping costs in addition to $325).

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics in my thread soon (been very busy - poor excuse), I also have a copy of the limited numbered born to run as well (although probably not selling that one).

Please feel free to PM if interested.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was that Springsteen pre-signed book being sold by any online stores? I don't ever remember seeing it up for sale. Pretty cool...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Was that Springsteen pre-signed book being sold by any online stores? I don't ever remember seeing it up for sale. Pretty cool...
    Nowhere else - just at the events as far as I know. I happened upon the info for the tour two days before tix went on sale and lucked out and got a pair of balcony seats that were held for general public (most - went to members of the city arts here in SF). These sales crashed nearly every site and were sold out in minutes. I also got one of the numbered limited books - Bruce tweeted or posted these one afternoon - from b&n - and that was the first they were ever mentioned - I bought one immediately, these (1500) had sold out by the morning. There was really no advertising at all. I saw this info around 9pm PST - and they were all gone by the following morning.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in a sub press S/L of Boy's Life or Summer of night?

PM if interested.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Up for sale:

Sub press Nos4a2 signed limited with sub press slipcase and infamous Christmasland mug.

All are in fine condition. I will throw in a signed copy of The Fireman as well.

PM with offers.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Here are some items I have for sale if anyone is interested PM me. Have a baby on the way and she is singing "move get out the way" so i have to clear some space.
    NOS4A2 Lettered IDW $1000 with original art
    The Shining Lettered Subterranean Press $4750
    IT limited edition Cemetery Dance $1550
    Locke and Key Matching Limited Subterranean Press $550 obo
    Locke and Key Crown of Shadows Lettered w/original art $525 obo
    Game of Thrones MM Clash of Kings w/matching subterranean press full set (all matching) PM for details and pricing
    Boys Life Limited edition Subterranean Press $155
    This Census Taker Lettered Edition Subterranean Press $50
    This Census Taker Limited Edition Subterranean Press $55
    Kushiels Dart Lettered edition Subterranean Press $600
    Kushiels Dart Limited edition Subterranean Press $275
    Joe Hill Fireman Flatsigned with slipcase $75
    Ready Player One Limited $255
    A Knight of Seven Kingdoms Lettered $1500
    Neil Gaiman, Michael Reaves INTERWORLD SILVER DREAM ETERNITY'S WHEEL Signed limited Set $225
    Ancillary Justice limited Subterranean Press $145
    The Farseer Limited Subterranean Press$350
    Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell and Perfect State $150

Does not including shipping or PayPal fees.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Also up for grabs:

Sub Press S/L Anne Leckie Ancillary Justice, and Ancillary Sword maching number set.

If purchased soon I can put you in contact with the store that has the recently released Ancillary Mercy to match the number of the others.

PM me with offers. (in the US only... Sorry but the shipping overseas is crazy).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought a SP The Last Unicorn: The Lost Version for 75 cents. I need some advice about how to get the library pocket, the comment sheet and the dust jacket cover unglued. Any suggestions? Good news is that it looks unread and in great condition otherwise.

Country
    Country Flag

Just go with it and keep it in there - it was less than a buck. Plus you can write in your comments when we borrow from your lending library

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Just go with it and keep it in there - it was less than a buck. Plus you can write in your comments when we borrow from your lending library
    Rep points!

Default Books for sale

Hello all, I’m selling off some of my books due to some recent changes. All copies are in fine condition unless otherwise noted. Please PM me your email address if you need pictures as it is much easier that way for me to send.
    Thanks!

Ready Player One, Ernest Cline – Subterranean Press Lettered $1700
    American Gods with companion reader, Neil Gaiman – Hill House $400
    Anansi Boys with notebook, remarqued by the illustrator, small bump to corner of slipcase, Neil Gaiman – Hill House $400
    Wool Trilogy, Hugh Howey – Subterranean Press Lettered $700
    John Scalzi, Subterranean Press:
    Zoe’s Tale and Questions for a Soldier Letter Q - $200 a piece or $350 for both
    Old Man’s War – Numbered $350
    The Ghost Brigades - Numbered $120
    The Last Colony - Numbered $120
    Zoe’s Tale - Numbered $80
    The Sagan Diary - Numbered $30
    Beyond the Aquila Rift, Alistair Reynolds – Subterranean Press Lettered $425
    Rogues – Numbered $350
    NOS4A2/WRAITH Deluxe Edition, Joe Hill – IDW $225
    Ancillary Trilogy, Ann Leckie – Matching Numbered $350
    Ancillary Justice and Mercy – Matching Lettered $500

Thanks, Travis

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I bought a SP The Last Unicorn: The Lost Version for 75 cents. I need some advice about how to get the library pocket, the comment sheet and the dust jacket cover unglued. Any suggestions? Good news is that it looks unread and in great condition otherwise.
    Can you post those pictures some other way?

It depends on the adhesive.

Many adhesives respond to heat. A heat gun or iron will help them release.

A crepe eraser can help remove the glue residue.

Once the pasted paper and the removable glue is gone the base paper will probably still be stained. At that point, you can either live with it or continue erasing/sanding/scraping.

There are also many solvents that will release adhesives. These work better on a glossy paper which minimizes absorption.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Can you post those pictures some other way?

It depends on the adhesive.

Many adhesives respond to heat. A heat gun or iron will help them release.

A crepe eraser can help remove the glue residue.

Once the pasted paper and the removable glue is gone the base paper will probably still be stained. At that point, you can either live with it or continue erasing/sanding/scraping.

There are also many solvents that will release adhesives. These work better on a glossy paper which minimizes absorption.
    Can you not see the photos Brian?

I'm going to try heat first. The biggest issue is the dust jacket. It's in a Brodart, so it's protected, but it's really difficult to get to the actual glued part. Not sure if I should try to cut the thing off, leaving the glued bits or just leave it attached? The mylar is scratched up a bit so I was hoping to replace it.

Also the pastedowns have a raised pattern on them so I can't do any sanding or scraping.

Country
    Country Flag

Any Bruce Sprungsteen fans out there? I have two copies left of the signed Born To Run. Let me know if interested - asking $250. I've listed them on eBay too - they've only lasted a day or two once there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322296212076...84.m1555.l2649

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody have an extra Subterranean Press Ready Player One dust jacket in 'as new' condition (not necessarily unfolded, just no rubbing)?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast