Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I read the Shannara Trilogy and liked it well enough to order both the lettered and limited editions. I have a Grim Oaks book on pre-order, for the longest time, and that's my biggest fear here as well: how long will it take before these books are published? The plan is 2017, but I have my doubts....

sk
    I ordered the lettered and will likely get the limited, budget permitting, too. I loved the series when reading it as it was written. It isn't a literary classic like LOTR, but it is certainly a fantasy classic.

As for the publication date...

I opted to pay as I go. It wasn't worth the $100 savings to not have the money in the bank, perhaps for a few years.
    Did you also order Sometimes the Magic Works matching or do you think that is a waste of money? I went ahead and ordered it since I did the pay up front and it was essentially free.
    I didn't order it yet. I do plan to order it since I like books on writing.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

For all the John Grisham limited editions out there, I've only ever seen them for sale on the secondary market. Oddly, the Doubleday website doesn't even reference S/Ls on their Grisham page. What's the best way to seek out how these books are originally made available?

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    For all the John Grisham limited editions out there, I've only ever seen them for sale on the secondary market. Oddly, the Doubleday website doesn't even reference S/Ls on their Grisham page. What's the best way to seek out how these books are originally made available?
    I have on occasion seen them in the signed books section of BN.com. Here's one: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9780385536899

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It's seems this is true for many authors with limiteds. I will echo jsweet's comment and tell you to watch BN.com and other online retailers. That is where I have seen them available in the past.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pick up the newest ones from Amazon - here's the next one http://www.amazon.com/Whistler-Limit...4173122&sr=8-1

Random House sells them directly - here's a link to the page with Rogue Lawyer - http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/bo...-john-grisham/
    You can see a hardcover listed for $250. They have other limited of his for sale as well.

I've picked up a few from eBay over the years. A lot of the more recent ones sell for below retail price of around $250. Each book varies in issue size. Ford County has 150 copies, while The Testament has 500. Here's a list of the ones I have and the edition size:

Client, The 350
    Chamber, The 350
    Runaway Jury, The 350
    Testament, The 500
    Brethren, The 500
    Painted House, A 350
    Summons, The 350
    King of Torts, The 350
    Bleachers 350
    Last Juror, The 350
    Broker, The 350
    Innocent Man, The 250
    Playing For Pizza 250
    Appeal, The 250
    Associate, The 200
    Ford County: Stories 150
    Confession, The 300
    Litigators, The 300
    Calico Joe 350
    Racketeer, The 500
    Sycamore Row 350
    Gray Mountain 300
    Rogue Lawyer 250

A Time to Kill and The Firm are the most expensive and still on my list.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great info. Thanks guys! I'm curious how long it takes most of them to sell out... the number of copies seem awfully low for a S/L.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Great info. Thanks guys! I'm curious how long it takes most of them to sell out... the number of copies seem awfully low for a S/L.
    My guess is that while Grisham is obviously popular among readers, his appeal is generally less pronounced among collectors (save for his debut, A TIME TO KILL, and his pop-culture hit, THE FIRM, both of which have natural collector appeal), hence the low limitation and slow sell-through...sometimes the interests and budgets of those two groups just don't overlap.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    My guess is that while Grisham is obviously popular among readers, his appeal is generally less pronounced among collectors (save for his debut, A TIME TO KILL, and his pop-culture hit, THE FIRM, both of which have natural collector appeal), hence the low limitation and slow sell-through...sometimes the interests and budgets of those two groups just don't overlap.
    I agree - many authors like Grisham have huge reader populations, but not so much as collectors. The books usually don't sell out until a while after issue on Amazon. As you can see from my link before, Random House still has some older ones for sale, so some never sell out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Grisham is The Painted House. Wonderful book - coming of age story and the only of his books I have reread.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

So what would the value of Neil Gaiman's "quick and dirty" advance copy? This is the plain white unedited proof that preceded the arc with the cover art. And it's signed. I can't find any for sale on line.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm selling most of my Sinister Grin Press, and Cargo Cult Press.

There is also a signed Neil Gaiman, a traycased Edward Lee story, and a nice Philip K. Dick.

If any board members win, send me a message through ebay and I will offer you free shipping for US customers, or a free prize for international buyers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ruderabbit/m...p2047675.l2562

~Mark

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

For any Hard Case Crime collectors, we'll have a set of ARCs listing on eBay soon. If anyone is interested in any or all, please send a PM.

Ken Bruen & Jason Starr, SLIDE
    Ken Bruen & Jason Starr, PIMP
    Jack Clark, NOBODY'S ANGEL
    Ed McBain, SO NUDE, SO DEAD
    Ed McBain, CUT ME IN
    Jason Starr, FAKE ID
    Gore Vidal, THIEVES FALL OUT

Condition on the newer titles in Fine; the older ones are either VG+ or NF, no issues with any of them other than a bit of light wear.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Justin Cronin fans !!
    This event is in 3 days

I have an advance reader of Justin Cronin's "The Twelve" (as new, never read)
    If you have any interest in having it signed &/or personalized to you... I can have that done this Thursday, June 2 at 7:00 PM at "Powell’s Cedar Hills Crossing", in Beaverton, Oregon.
    Please PM me with a reasonably decent offer and it's yours.

Also,
    I have (as new, never read) 1st edition UK waterstones edition of Justin Cronin's "The Twelve" (the one including the additional missing chapter)
    If you have any interest in having it signed &/or personalized to you... I can also have that done this Thursday, June 2 at 7:00 PM at "Powell’s Cedar Hills Crossing", in Beaverton, Oregon.
    Please PM me with a reasonably decent offer and it's yours.

P.S. this event is in 3 days, please don't delay.

-Cook

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

WTB:
    The Name of the Wind and/or Wise Man's Fear 1st/1st signed
    Ancillary Justice Lettered
    Boys Life Lettered
    Mr Whiffles book 1 s/n
    Any books from the Dark Tower series #179

For sale,
    RPO s/n
    Clash of Kings Lettered Y
    COK, GOT, DoD and Knight of the Seven (preorder) s/n matching
    Tonight Again Lettered
    Midnight Tides Limited s/n
    Gone Girl Limited s/n
    Shadows for Silence in the forests of Hell & perfect state s/n
    This Years Class Picture s/n
    Leviathan Wakes s/nwith or without matching preordered Calibans War
    The Border Lettered
    Ancillary Sword Lettered (Preorder) & matching Ancillary Mercy Lettered (Preorder)
    Rogues s/n
    Joe Hill - Lock and Key: Crown of Shadows Subpress Lettered

I will Consider offers for the following but most likely I am not going to sell.
    Ready Player One Lettered
    Leviathan Wakes Lettered w/Calibans War (preorder)
    NOS4A2 Lettered IDW
    The Shannara Trilogy Lettered with matching lettered Sometimes the Magic Works (preorder)
    The Shining Subpress Lettered

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sold

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've set up 16 auctions to end this Sunday evening June 5. Three rare books this week. Book #1 of 50 of "Psychotica" by S. R. Staley, with an intro by Brian Keene and signed by Keene too. Several Delirium Books, Cemetery Dance books, and I dropped the price on that beautiful book by Edward Lee.

Another 26 books scheduled to start this thurday and end Sunday June 12. This set of books include first editions of Dark Tower books by stephen king, a limited edition "City Of The Dead" by Keene, and several from Delirium Books, Apex Books hardcovers(rare), another Sinister Grin, and Cemetery Dance books including their collectible Novella Series books( yep Brian's book is there).

Contact me after you win a book or two and I'll toss in free shipping for board members. Good Luck.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ruderabbit/m...562&rmvSB=true

Mark/ruderabbit

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by louis2003b View Post
    WTB:
    The Name of the Wind and/or Wise Man's Fear 1st/1st signed
    Ancillary Justice Lettered
    Boys Life Lettered
    Mr Whiffles book 1 s/n
    Any books from the Dark Tower series #179

For sale,
    RPO s/n
    Clash of Kings Lettered Y
    COK, GOT, DoD and Knight of the Seven (preorder) s/n matching
    Tonight Again Lettered
    Midnight Tides Limited s/n
    Gone Girl Limited s/n
    Shadows for Silence in the forests of Hell & perfect state s/n
    This Years Class Picture s/n
    Leviathan Wakes s/nwith or without matching preordered Calibans War
    The Border Lettered
    Ancillary Sword Lettered (Preorder) & matching Ancillary Mercy Lettered (Preorder)
    Rogues s/n

I will Consider offers for the following but most likely I am not going to sell.
    Ready Player One Lettered
    Leviathan Wakes Lettered w/Calibans War (preorder)
    NOS4A2 Lettered IDW
    The Shannara Trilogy Lettered with matching lettered Sometimes the Magic Works (preorder)
    Does WTB: stand for will trade books?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Want to buy

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Want to buy
    I apparently suck at acronyms.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where's the beef

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Want to buy
    Ha, I'm with you. I rarely know what they mean.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    Want to buy
    I would also trade for those books

Wtb - "where's the beef"made me lol

"There is to much singing in The Hobbit"

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Where's the beef
    Iwill consider all prime cuts in my book trades. I also will consider iron ore as a form of payment.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for Ancillary Justice #455 to match a set
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Where's the beef
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast