Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking to add a copy of 20th Century Ghosts to my collection and came across these two. Anyone have any thoughts on what they're worth? Trying to decided if the price seems right for either. Thanks in advance for the help!

1) The 200 copy edition signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden that game in a slipcase
    2) The version that was given out at Fantasycon (~35 supposedly). It was only signed by Joe Hill and had "F'Con #" as the limitation number.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd go with the Fantasycon one if you're talking the same price range. I'm happy with my copy that I ordered from Water St Books that they had him inscribe to me. There are some great stories in there.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input terrier91. The 200 copy edition is $699 right now with no bids or watchers and less than 24 hours left. The Fantasycon one is $880 BIN.

I have the lettered and S/L of the 10th Anniversary Edition from PS Publishing on pre-order, but the only copy I actually own right now is on my kindle
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're a fan, I'm sure you've seen this already:

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/joe%20hill%20upstream

But for a guy like me who lives nowhere near anywhere that Joe would do a signing, this is pretty cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    If you're a fan, I'm sure you've seen this already:

http://www.waterstreetbooks.com/joe%20hill%20upstream

But for a guy like me who lives nowhere near anywhere that Joe would do a signing, this is pretty cool.
    I've ordered from Water Street before. No problems at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I've been looking to add a copy of 20th Century Ghosts to my collection and came across these two. Anyone have any thoughts on what they're worth? Trying to decided if the price seems right for either. Thanks in advance for the help!

1) The 200 copy edition signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden that game in a slipcase
    2) The version that was given out at Fantasycon (~35 supposedly). It was only signed by Joe Hill and had "F'Con #" as the limitation number.
    If you're just looking for a nice, signed copy of the first edition, the trade paperback state is nice and will save you hundreds over the fancier editions. If you're set on one of those, the 200-copy would be my preferred, but you may benefit to wait and see if more copies hit the market after the new edition comes out.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post

If you're just looking for a nice, signed copy of the first edition, the trade paperback state is nice and will save you hundreds over the fancier editions. If you're set on one of those, the 200-copy would be my preferred, but you may benefit to wait and see if more copies hit the market after the new edition comes out.
    Price has jumped - I got one of the 200 copies for around $200 a little over a year ago - and sold my copy - similar to F-con ones (didn't say f-con) but was signed by both - exactly same as the 200 limited one - but no slipcase - for around $200 to a member here within the past year (I think that was the price - it might have been a little higher - but not much). Just keep looking

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I'm going to pass on both these copies and will keep my eyes open for something a little more reasonably priced.
    Wanted:

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I'm going to pass on both these copies and will keep my eyes open for something a little more reasonably priced.
    Keep an eye on eBay. There are a couple of signed paperback editions, and a copy of the 200-copy that did not sell at a lower price that the copy you saw.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the signed limited to 200 of 20th Century Ghosts that is Slipcased the same as the traycase? I notice you asked about a slipcase version. I have a traycase version, but didn't know if they were different.

Country
    Country Flag

The 200 copy edition is slipcased. Is yours from PS Publishing? I didn't know they made a traycase. The limitation page says... "This edition is limited to 200 numbered slipcased hardcover copies signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden, 500 numbered trade hardcover copies signed by Joe Hill, and 1,000 unsigned trade paperbacks." My understanding is the Fantasycon version is the same as the 500 numbered trade hardcover copies, but with a special limitation number.

Here are the two listings I was looking at...

Joe Hill, 20th Century Ghosts, True First, Signed, Limited, Slipcased Edition ($699 with no bids)

20TH CENTURY GHOSTS - SIGNED BY JOE HILL - SPECIAL ISSUE FIRST EDITION ($880 BIN)
    Wanted:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the fantasy con edition are actually closer to the 200 edition - they have same limitation page as slip cased book - signed by both hill and golden, but the DJ is the same as the 500 copy book and no slip case - at leasts that's what my copy looked like - it was not labeled fantasy con though. There's a blurb somewhere that goes through these books and when they were first signed and put together - not sure if someone from PS could fill in the details.

Country
    Country Flag

I assumed the Fantasycon edition is the 500 copy version because the listing I was looking at did not come with a slipcase and the limitation page only had Joe Hill's signature. I fully acknowledge it's an assumption on my part though. Would love to hear the full story about this book if someone from PS could help!

Wanted:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, you are right. I was thinking of Horns. Mine is a slipcase also.

Country
    Country Flag

Huh. I must've seen other f-con that had both sigs - or I could be completely off base. My double signed copy - was a completely different breed - it was actually numbered (I think in the 200 range) but included all of the extra material in the 200 copy edition - but had different DJ and no case.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing those details cit74; now I'm even more curious about all the various versions of this book floating around! Did it have the same DJ as the 200 copy slipcased edition? I wonder if a 200 copy edition got mixed in with the 500 copy batch and numbered/sold as such?

Wanted:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Sorry, you are right. I was thinking of Horns. Mine is a slipcase also.
    Ahh, got it. Thanks for the update!
    Wanted:

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Neil gaiman - coraline s/l from sub press - 150 Obo
    Neil gaiman - trigger warning - signed first - 45 obo
    Neil gaiman - trigger warning s/l from Goldsboro - 90 obo
    Neil gaiman - coraline s/l 10th anniversary edition - 65 obo
    Adding the following:

World war z s/l - 70 obo
    Zombie survival guide s/l - 50 obo
    The ruins lettered PP - 125 obo

All books are f/f and protected in an archival mylar jacket.

Country
    Country Flag

I AM THE ABYSS by Chris Morey

I AM THE ABYSS is a new fiction anthology of horror and dark fantasy containing ten unique visions of the underworld by ten of the most talented and critically-acclaimed authors in horror, dark fantasy and weird fiction. Edited by Chris Morey (Black Labyrinth imprint), the book will be published by award-winning specialty publisher Dark Regions Press.

Based on the concept that after we die our consciousness inverts into our own realms of subconscious thought, I AM THE ABYSS contains ten human minds whose journeys in the Birth World have come to an end. Each individual was a dark mind or tortured soul, each story a perilous yet enlightening adventure through a personal afterlife.

The book will contain ten original and newly written novellas of horror and dark fantasy from authors Laird Barron, Caitlín R. Kiernan, Steve Rasnic Tem, Michael Marshall Smith, Kealan Patrick Burke, Reggie Oliver, Jeffrey Thomas and three more (revealed during this campaign).

Original two-page panoramic color paintings by award-winning artist Les Edwards will precede each story, giving us windows into each respective underworld. I AM THE ABYSS will be printed in a unique 8"x8" format, presenting the color artwork of Les Edwards in a stunning 16"x8" size across both pages.

Artist Menton James Matthews III (Menton3) is creating a campaign-exclusive front cover that will only be featured on Kickstarter-ordered copies of the book. Campaign-exclusive editions will be printed for contributors, reviewers and campaign backers. After campaign backer, reviewer and contributor packages have been fulfilled no additional copies of the campaign-exclusive edition will be printed again.

Published by Portland, Oregon Based Specialty Publisher Dark Regions Press

I AM THE ABYSS will not be released for retail sale until at least 95% of Kickstarter campaign supporters receive their ordered items. Dark Regions Press has developed a new multi-phase fulfillment system to ensure that each customer gets exactly what they ordered and sent to the correct shipping address. Books are packed with extra strong bubble wrap in weight tested U-Line boxes to ensure no damage during transit.

For any questions or concerns about the campaign, your pledge or the project please e-mail us at: darkregions.help@gmail.com

Ebook: offered in MOBI (Amazon Kindle), EPUB (most other e-readers) and PDF (Desktop PC) featuring all illustrations in full color (on applicable digital platforms). Includes campaign-exclusive front cover artwork by Menton3 as an illustration.

All physical editions of I AM THE ABYSS are printed in a unique 8"x8" trim size and Kickstarter-exclusive editions are first edition + first printing.

Trade Paperback: Features all illustrations in full color and features the campaign-exclusive front cover artwork by Menton3 only offered during this campaign (retail trade paperback is also offered for preorder). Includes all applicable stretch goals.

This premium limited edition hardcover will have a maximum print run of 500 signed and numbered copies worldwide and is one of only two signed hardcover editions that will ever be produced of I AM THE ABYSS. The numbering sequence for the book will begin with Kickstarter campaign backers starting with #1 and custom number requests. This numbering sequence will continue into retail editions after all Kickstarter-exclusive editions are fulfilled.

Signed by all ten authors, artist Les Edwards and editor Chris Morey, bound in black leather, printed offset on premium acid free paper with Smyth sewn binding, black dyed page edges, illustrated end sheets, black satin book ribbon features a campaign-exclusive dust jacket with front cover by Menton3 and housed in a premium black slipcase.

Set to be one of the finest specialty editions ever produced by Dark Regions Press, this ultra-deluxe edition is limited to ten signed and uniquely remarqued copies worldwide. Each copy represents one of the ten human minds within the book and is remarqued with the respective character. Including contributor copies and extras in case of damage, a maximum of twenty copies will ever be produced worldwide.

Signed by all ten authors, artist Les Edwards, artist Menton3, artist David Ho and editor Chris Morey, bound in black Moroccan goat skin, printed offset on premium acid free paper with Smyth sewn binding, deckled page edges, illustrated end sheets, features a campaign-exclusive dust jacket with front cover by Menton3, object/emblem from journey of respective character embedded into front cover, handwritten scroll from the respective character included, personally signed. Housed in a black traycase made of the finest materials designed to represent a personal gateway into the underworld.
    Wanted:

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

China Mieville - Railsea lettered
    China Mieville - Kraken lettered PC

Both for $630. Free US shipping.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I AM THE ABYSS by Chris Morey

I AM THE ABYSS is a new fiction anthology of horror and dark fantasy containing ten unique visions of the underworld by ten of the most talented and critically-acclaimed authors in horror, dark fantasy and weird fiction. Edited by Chris Morey (Black Labyrinth imprint), the book will be published by award-winning specialty publisher Dark Regions Press.
    I'm going to buy in. I'm trying to figure out which level I want.

DRP has a contest for Barker stuff when supporting this campaign.

"Be one of the first people in the world to receive Clive Barker's The Body Book coming from Dark Regions Press on November 3rd 2015! Running only during the weekend of September 4th to September 6th 2015, this raffle includes sixteen prizes for Clive Barker fans including a grand prize of a leather-bound signed and numbered slipcased hardcover of The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker"

http://www.darkregions.com/clivebarkergiveaway
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Bump. Free Media mail shipping in the U.S. for the complete Beast House set...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Richard Laymon signed limited edition Beast House series from Cemetery Dance at issue price to be sold as a set. All books in very good condition:

The Cellar #315/500 issue price $50
    The Beast House #315/400 issue price $50
    The Midnight Tour #315/1000 issue price $40
    Friday Night In Beast House unsigned (released posthumously) issue price $35
    Total for set $175 plus actual shipping. Paypal gift. PM if interested

Also have:
    Once Upon A Halloween, signed but not numbered. $40 Cemetery Dance
    Alarms signed trade edition $25, Zeising
    One Rainy Night signed trade edition $25, Headline

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Abercrom...:L:LCA:US:1123

Won't find these cheaper anywhere - and NO reserve!

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Railsea is sold. Kraken $325 shipped to US.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For sale - The Graveyard book ARC by Neil Gaiman

Pm me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast