Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2519

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hello, I am currently looking for Leviathan Wakes S/L #398 (mainly) or #206. I am not sure what the market is for this single book but am willing to get pretty close to whatever you ask as I need it to complete two sets. Thanks for any leads, just send a PM.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I’m looking for MISTER SLAUGHTER Limited Edition #78 by Subterranean Press. Thanks!
    Mister Slaughter S/L is one of those books that is so hard to find. But keep poking around, every now and then when you least expect it one will pop up. Finding #78 will be tough, but you never know. I hope you find it.

I ended up giving up on finding it and got a full set that had it and sold my individual copies of the rest of the series.
    Thanks, Luke. That’s good to know. This will be my first matching set of anything and figured it would be a good first hunt. Maybe I’m being overzealous but it’ll do the job of cutting my teeth for this process. And of course, even I find Mister Slaughter there’s still the unknown around the first book, right? Do you know anything about that? What’s your number by the way?
    Part of the fun is the hunt. Although sometimes, it is just plain bad odds. And books that are that tough to find, once you do, they are very expensive on the secondary. I’m feeling that burn right now with Storm Front and Fool Moon of the Dresden Files.

There still is value for a nonmatching full set of a series. Some people won’t have it that way. But many will. Of course matching sets sell for more.

For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They aren’t the best S/L out there, but does round out the series. I’m hoping at somepoint Bill is able to get rights for this and does an S/L with Chong as artist. Will be awesome.

I have one matching set and one non-matching. Don’t recall the number offhand, but I did go check the other day when I saw your post to see if I by chance had 78. No luck.

Someone last year posted a full set on ebay for like 500 bucks or something, maybe even lower. Whoever snagged that really made out.

A full set was just at Hyraxia and sold for roughly 1400 US.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=TravelinJack;1109530]
    For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They aren’t the best S/L out there, but does round out the series.
    You can still buy the limited from River City Publishing. They may even letter it instead of numbering it, since they seem to be arbitrarily doing that.

Speaks the Nightbird limited at River City

Hunter

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=goathunter;1109545]
    For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They aren’t the best S/L out there, but does round out the series.
    You can still buy the limited from River City Publishing. They may even letter it instead of numbering it, since they seem to be arbitrarily doing that.

Hunter
    Excellent, thanks for posting this.

Adam - can’t beat that price.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just trying to be honest. Buy the books and find out for yourself...hint, hint.
    I already have the complete set.
    I must be dense right now. What’s the hint?

I’m looking for MISTER SLAUGHTER Limited Edition #78 by Subterranean Press. Thanks!
    Mister Slaughter S/L is one of those books that is so hard to find. But keep poking around, every now and then when you least expect it one will pop up. Finding #78 will be tough, but you never know. I hope you find it.

I ended up giving up on finding it and got a full set that had it and sold my individual copies of the rest of the series.
    Thanks, Luke. That’s good to know. This will be my first matching set of anything and figured it would be a good first hunt. Maybe I’m being overzealous but it’ll do the job of cutting my teeth for this process. And of course, even I find Mister Slaughter there’s still the unknown around the first book, right? Do you know anything about that? What’s your number by the way?
    Part of the fun is the hunt. Although sometimes, it is just plain bad odds. And books that are that tough to find, once you do, they are very expensive on the secondary. I’m feeling that burn right now with Storm Front and Fool Moon of the Dresden Files.

There still is value for a nonmatching full set of a series. Some people won’t have it that way. But many will. Of course matching sets sell for more.

For Corbet, I would try to get an S/L Speaks as well, to have a full series, even if a diff publisher and non matching. They pop up from time to time. They aren’t the best S/L out there, but does round out the series. I’m hoping at somepoint Bill is able to get rights for this and does an S/L with Chong as artist. Will be awesome.

I have one matching set and one non-matching. Don’t recall the number offhand, but I did go check the other day when I saw your post to see if I by chance had 78. No luck.

Someone last year posted a full set on ebay for like 500 bucks or something, maybe even lower. Whoever snagged that really made out.

A full set was just at Hyraxia and sold for roughly 1400 US.
    Thank you for all your help Luke! I’ll definitely take your advice regarding Nightbird. As for the hunt, I’m in no hurry and hope to have fun with it. Of course, I say that now while it’s so early on haha. Who knows...maybe I’ll get lucky or just be happy with an outlier in the set.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

[QUOTE=goathunter;1109545]

Hunter
    Awesome.. thank you, Hunter!! Great advice to complete the set with this in the meantime.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've sort of lost track. The hint is to but my LUCIFER'S LOTTERY books so you can read them for yourself and find out why I didn't like the story. I'm a lousy salesman I guess.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

I've sort of lost track. The hint is to but my LUCIFER'S LOTTERY books so you can read them for yourself and find out why I didn't like the story. I'm a lousy salesman I guess.
    Oh I thought you were talking about the matching Corbett set for some reason. No wonder I had no idea what you meant.

Is it me or does that look like Shrek on the cover of Lucifer’s Lottery? What’s so repulsive about it? Ultra gory or what?

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for all your help Luke! I’ll definitely take your advice regarding Nightbird. As for the hunt, I’m in no hurry and hope to have fun with it. Of course, I say that now while it’s so early on haha. Who knows...maybe I’ll get lucky or just be happy with an outlier in the set.
    Hope you're able to find a S/L of Mister Slaughter. I'll keep an eye out as well.

WTB:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh I thought you were talking about the matching Corbett set for some reason. No wonder I had no idea what you meant.

Is it me or does that look like Shrek on the cover of Lucifer’s Lottery? What’s so repulsive about it? Ultra gory or what?
    Just disgusting stuff. I'd mention one of them but then I'd ruin the story for you if you ever read it, which I don't recommend.
    It's not Shrek, it's something even worse. I am definitely not a Shrek fan either.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My apologies if my remark was out of line. I'm a huge Ed Lee fan and sometimes people's reactions to his work are rather amusing to me. He is considered by some to be the father of extreme horror and I totally understand the people that hate his work. I let my sister read the first paragraph of The Pig and she got angry. I have an enormous Lee collection (some came from Bad Penny's collection for those that remember) and if I did not already have the books you are offering (and if I had the extra money), I would snatch them in a second!

My apologies if my remark was out of line. I'm a huge Ed Lee fan and sometimes people's reactions to his work are rather amusing to me. He is considered by some to be the father of extreme horror and I totally understand the people that hate his work. I let my sister read the first paragraph of The Pig and she got angry. I have an enormous Lee collection (some came from Bad Penny's collection for those that remember) and if I did not already have the books you are offering (and if I had the extra money), I would snatch them in a second!
    No apology required! I am easily amused, as I heard someone once say, or sing. Anyway, I love all of your remarks, and even your remarques, because they are all so remarkable!
    The books are still for sale, by the way.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I was a huge Edward Lee fan, but burnt out on him around a dozen years ago. While I no longer read him, there’s no denying his talent. In fact, I wish he’d write more tempered material like his Cemetery Dance and LITTLE BOOKS novellas so I could have the pleasure of enjoying his work once again.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Hi
    Is there anyone in the LA area who is likely to attend the David Lynch event on June 21st at the Ace Theatre for his new book Room to Dream? https://theatre.acehotel.com/events/...g-david-lynch/

I would love a signed copy of this book and am willing to pay good money for it.
    Thanks

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Hi
    Is there anyone in the LA area who is likely to attend the David Lynch event on June 21st at the Ace Theatre for his new book Room to Dream? https://theatre.acehotel.com/events/...g-david-lynch/

I would love a signed copy of this book and am willing to pay good money for it.
    Thanks
    Man, thanks for this post. I had no idea this book was coming out, I'm going to grab it (and unfortunately Lynch isn't coming to Melbourne, Australia, or I'd try to help you AND me get a signed copy).

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

No problem. It was meant to be published last November but got delayed for some reason.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

No apology required! I am easily amused, as I heard someone once say, or sing. Anyway, I love all of your remarks, and even your remarques, because they are all so remarkable!
    The books are still for sale, by the way.
    I do have some pretty sweet remarques.

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I was a huge Edward Lee fan, but burnt out on him around a dozen years ago. While I no longer read him, there’s no denying his talent. In fact, I wish he’d write more tempered material like his Cemetery Dance and LITTLE BOOKS novellas so I could have the pleasure of enjoying his work once again.
    I can see that. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to sit and read all his books in a row (unless you're a freak like me). It might just drive a "normal" person insane. I've always had a taste for the extreme in art/literature and especially film. Few things shock me artistically these days so when I discovered Ed Lee over a decade ago, it was a bit of a rush. I still have several of his books left to read and I am definitely pacing myself. It must be quite a hoot to walk around inside his brain/imagination. The Dollhouse book sounds good, maybe I'll read that one next.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Will someone attend the Jim Butcher event in Lexington KY 6/7 ?

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Default For Sale

Hi all, a few things for sale noted below. I’ll cover shipping via UPS to the lower 48 for multiple books, media mail for a single book. Shoot me a PM with questions. If you want photos send me your number and I’ll text them to you. Just easier that way for me. All are limited unless otherwise noted. PP FF only please.

Masters of the Weird Tale, Arthur Burks, Centipede Press $200
    Red Rising Lettered, Pierce Brown, Subpress $2900
    The Expanse Lettered, Corey, Subpress $3900
    The Expanse Limited, Corey, Subpress $1000
    All Tales from the Malazan Empire, Ian Cameron Esslemont, PS Pub Various numbers
    $120 each
    Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson, Subterranean press $4000
    All Steven Erikson Malazan Novellas, PS Pub Various numbers $150 each
    Rogues, Various, Subpress $400
    Houses Under the Sea, Centipede, Caitlin R Kiernan $220
    Girl in a Swing, Centipede, Richard Adams $350
    The Collector, Centipede, John Fowles $350
    The Name of the Wind Deluxe S/L $300

Thanks,
    Travis

Traveler Kimage is on a distinguished road

Hello, this is my first post here. I hope that I am doing this right.

I am looking for a few books (at the moment) to complete my Robin Hobb and Grim Oak Press collection.

Robin Hobb: The Farseer Trilogy, The Inheritance and Other Stories and The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince all with matching numbers. Preferably one of the first 1-200 as The Inheritance Deluxe was limited to the first 200 (Subterranean Press).
    Robin Hobb: The Farseer Trilogy lettered edition (Subterranean Press).

Mark Lawrence: The Broken Empire lettered edition (Grim Oak Press).

Thanks,
    //Kim.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I am curious as to what kind of value a Wind Through the Keyhole S/L (sub #500) would bring. Is it enough to trade for something like Terror SubPress lettered if someone was interested, or no?
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    I am curious as to what kind of value a Wind Through the Keyhole S/L (sub #500) would bring. Is it enough to trade for something like Terror SubPress lettered if someone was interested, or no?
    All depends on how badly someone would want either edition. I think The Wind Through the Keyhole would go around $600/$700, but the Simmons book....Not sure. It helps the book is one of his better titles, maybe the best of the last 15 odd years, so that helps. The lettered sold for $500, and if I'd had a copy, I would definitely not let it go for anything less than $800 - $1000. And that might even be low. I recently sold Summer of Night for more, so in spite of Simmons not being less collectible as before, I still think a good price can be had for some of his books.
    Back to your question. If someone was interested, a definite yes.
    Not sure if my rambling helped...

sk

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I agree with Siep about values - they are equivalent, plus or minus $100-200 - but ... I think you would find it hard to find someone to make the trade. TWTTK S/Ls come up every now and then just because there are more of them; Terror Lettereds come up almost never.

If you found someone who was selling off their Simmons to collect King, then it's certainly possible they would accept this trade. But anyone wanting both would almost definitely hang onto their Terror Lettered.

HBJ

My Mood
    Relaxed

Thanks guys! I haven't seen a WTTK for anything less than a grand in a long time except I believe one from Betts for around $850. They go pretty quick.

If anyone wants to trade WTTK S/L #41 for a lettered Terror let me know.

Update: May contemplate a Forever War S/L trade for Terror lettered instead.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Not a book, but regular DVDS, NOT Blu-ray.
    Moderator remove this if not allowed please!
    But - first four seasons of ONCE UPON A TIME, viewed once, as new in cardboard sleeves.
    I bought these without once seeing the show, much to my distress, as I thought it was very lousy. Take out all the "We have to talk."s and all the "I'm so sorry."s and these four seasons could be compressed to two!
    $35 PayPal, includes postage. I have no idea if this is a fair price or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast