Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

18 69.23%
  • National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)

8 30.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Final

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Final

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Holy Grail

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Holy Grail
    One the one hand, easy choice. A pure classic, work of art. Very funny. On the other hand, Vacation is extremely funny as well, and well-done as a film, too. It's at 95% on RT (though Holy Grail is at 97%). I'm definitely leaning toward Holy Grail, of course, but Vacation deservedly made it to the Final.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Holy Grail
    One the one hand, easy choice. A pure classic, work of art. Very funny. On the other hand, Vacation is extremely funny as well, and well-done as a film, too. It's at 95% on RT (though Holy Grail is at 97%). I'm definitely leaning toward Holy Grail, of course, but Vacation deservedly made it to the Final.
    True. I just ask myself which one would I watch right now and Holy Grail was it.

BTW, thanks for running this poll, it's been fun!

Country
    Country Flag

BTW, thanks for running this poll, it's been fun!
    I had a blast. Hope y'all had fun as well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a lot of fun too guys. Great job! Good fun for sure.... even though I wanted to see a different winner! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

My personal winner was eliminated in Round 1

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll fart in the general direction of anyone who doesn't vote for Holy Grail!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My personal winner was eliminated in Round 1
    What was that?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Bringing Up Baby

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"NONE SHALL PASS!"

Country
    Country Flag

Bringing Up Baby
    Mine was Dumb and Dumber
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Again...always Holy Grail.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Grail all the way!

And yes, this poll has been a lot of fun!

(who is going to do a horror one??)

Country
    Country Flag

Uh, we already did it

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Uh, must have missed that. What won?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Alien.

Which basically meant that a Sci-Fi movie won the Horror tournament.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As predicted, I see that this is a really close final... LOL!

Maybe the final would have been a lot tighter had the votes not been manipulated in the Quarter Final, hmmmm?

I also thought some of the groupings in the Octo Final were a little shady, but hey, you gotta protect your favourite movies right? LOL!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by Jimimck

Alien.

???? How did Aliens even get included to begin with? Thats not a horror.

Do you remember what was second?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Originally Posted by Jimimck

Alien.

???? How did Aliens even get included to begin with? Thats not a horror.

Do you remember what was second?
    Psycho came second.

But then Psycho isn't a Horror film either. It's a Thriller.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So ah, do we need to do an actual horror one lol!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Maybe the final would have been a lot tighter had the votes not been manipulated in the Quarter Final, hmmmm?

I also thought some of the groupings in the Octo Final were a little shady, but hey, you gotta protect your favourite movies right? LOL!
    As I explained a few times in the main tournament thread, the groupings are determined by the percentage numbers the movies get. Then they're all ranked from first to last, and then seeded from first to last as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

As I explained a few times in the main tournament thread, the groupings are determined by the percentage numbers the movies get. Then they're all ranked from first to last, and then seeded from first to last as well.
    Yeah? So why pair Monty Python and Holy Grail against Groundhog Day in the Octo Final? Both films won their previous respective group with a very high percentage of the vote, yet other films with fewer votes get paired off with an easier group. Smacks of favouritism if you ask me...

Or how about the way you manipulated the final vote tally to put National Lampoon's Vacation through to the Quarter Final? That was more than a little shady...

You should run for office in Nigeria, my friend. I hear they like a rigged election over there... LOL! LOL!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just happy Meet the Fockers didn't win.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm just happy Meet the Fockers didn't win.
    LOL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast