Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What parts of the Set do you have?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have the GE Book, the Tray Case and a full set of prints

23 74.19%
  • I have the GE Book and the Tray Case

5 16.13%
  • I have the GE Book and a full set of prints

1 3.23%
  • I have The Tray Case and a Full Set of prints

0 0%
  • I have just the Tray case (or an extra)

1 3.23%
  • I have just the full set of prints (or an extra)

1 3.23%
  • I have a partial set of prints

3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot Set Tally

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 'Salem's Lot Set Tally

Due to the ever increasing interest in these sets, I thought I'd do a quick poll to work out how many are in this community. I have kept it private so members are not harassed to sell any extras they may have!

(you can do multiple votes so if like me you have the book, the try case and a partial set of prints, check option 2 and 6.)

EDIT: to clarify as questions have been asked...

This poll is ONLY for the Gift Edition of Salem's Lot published by Centipede Press. Although individually released without any publisher case or additions, a 3 part set is now considered to be the 'unofficial' full collectible version of this volume. The set consists of:

1. The Gift Edition of 'salem's Lot, published by Centipede Press (600 copies)
    2. The limited Tray case created and sold by Tomas at StephenKingCollector.com (200 made)
    3. The set of 7 photo's that appear in the signed limited version of the book but were made available as a separate artist portfolio and offered for sale by Jerad (@Centipede) at the same time as the gift edition( believed to be <30)
    Note the Tray case made allowances for the photos as there are inserts in the inner case to hold them.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I put down GE Book, the Traycase and full set of prints but also partial set of prints as I have three extra prints.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is a "Tally"?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not currently hold he the one I had but know where it is and I will hopefully get it back sooooon! So I clicked yes full set so we can have a rough estimate of what is out there. Good idea Simon!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What if your quantity is more than "1" for any the available options? I tried to vote again but was denied.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That should be noted I order to get an accurate account
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I considered the fact that there would be members who owned multiple full sets, but couldn't think of a way to add that option in easily.
    Just comment here if you have multiples (or PM me) and I will announce a final count.

Oh and a 'Tally' is "a current score or amount" a count in other words
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What is a "Tally"?
    A score of what we've got; the total numbers.
    (Oops, didn't see your answer, Simon.)

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I've just got the slipcase.
    And by mistake I voted traycase.
    Wishfull thinking, I guess??

(Can this be changed??)

sk

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Oh, and I've just got the slipcase.
    And by mistake I voted traycase.
    Wishfull thinking, I guess??

(Can this be changed??)

sk
    Not by me - but i will make a note.

To be clear we are talking about the tray case made by Tomas at SK Collector.
    (I'm not sure I have seen a slipcase for the GE?)

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry - I thought we were talking the original Centipede cases.
    But now I understand we're not even discussing the Centipede edition here...

sk

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    So sorry - I thought we were talking the original Centipede cases.
    But now I understand we're not even discussing the Centipede edition here...

sk
    We are talking about the Centipede Gift edition. The slipcase came with the S/L if I'm not mistaken.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the book, traycase and full set of prints and voted as such.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Full set for me. I think I have extra prints too, but can't locate them at the moment and I just sold my extra book to a member here yesterday. At least 1 full set though for me.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an extra book available in the Classifieds Thread for $300.

YES, SHAMELESS PLUG

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'm confused... is this the Centipede edition? I have an S/L with slipcase. What is the tray case?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

The are talking about the Gift Edition by Centipede... with Collectors Traycase and non-glossy prints.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yes, I'm confused... is this the Centipede edition? I have an S/L with slipcase. What is the tray case?
    It's the gift edition, Becca. Tomas (the collector) made a tray case for the gift edition which had a compartment inside to hold the loose set of prints from Centipede that were featured in the book. The book, tray case and prints together became an unofficial set of sorts.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    It's the gift edition, Becca. Tomas (the collector) made a tray case for the gift edition which had a compartment inside to hold the loose set of prints from Centipede that were featured in the book. The book, tray case and prints together became an unofficial set of sorts.
    Ah, thanks for that.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated 1st post to clarify

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Ah, thanks for that.
    Sorry I should have gave a little more detail. This is correct.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have the book, no traycase or prints. Hopefully one day I will acquire the full set, or better yet a signed edition! There doesn't appear to be a polling option for this though.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I just have the book, no traycase or prints. Hopefully one day I will acquire the full set, or better yet a signed edition! There doesn't appear to be a polling option for this though.
    Yes, allow me to rant about polls (and I appreciate its a limitation of the web site software and not RF's fault)..

You can only specify a poll after you have made the announcing post
    You have to specify the number of poll options up front and cannot add more
    You ONLY get 3 min to enter all the poll options and complete the poll before it times out and you lose *everything* other than the announcing post (which you can then not re-add the poll too)

So I had planned a 'book only' response but ran out of responses to include it.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah nuts

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just voted. I have the GE book, Traycase and all prints. Interesting to see how many are out there amongst members.

EDIT: Great idea for a poll/post Simon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast