Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Scores/Soundtracks Thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Movie Scores/Soundtracks Thread

I don't recall ever seeing a thread on here about movie scores. I listen to a lot of instrumental music so movie scores are right up my alley. I've gotten into a lot of recent movie scores and can never really pick on older movies to look up for their scores if I don't really remember them.

The idea for this thread is to post links to music scores or soundtracks you really enjoy, and for discussion about what makes them so good. I think it could be a great way to develop a sort of collection of great movie music for everyone to access.

I'll start off with a few of my favourites from the past few years.

Her composed by Arcade Fire (playlist)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cZtroXbHsimr2i

The Double soundtrack composed by Andrew Hewitt (playlist)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OMbT5KRmKMFCGC

The Imitation Game composed by Alexandre Desplat

Philomena by Alexandre Desplat

American Hustle Soundtrack ft. Danny Elfman, ELO, Elton John, America, Duke Ellington, Tom Jones and Wings
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea, Matt! I'll have to post some of my favorites.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, great idea for a new thread!

It Follows

I cannot stop listening to this one since I saw the movie last month.
    I always liked the old Goblin/Tangerine Dream/John Carpenter style soundtracks. This one follows (ha!) that tradition well, without feeling cliched.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite score.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep them horror scores coming. They're perfect for me to listen to right now. I've ran through the Silent Hill soundtracks enough times haha.

Alien3 composed by Elliot Goldenthal (Love this stuff)

Silent Hill composed by Akira Yamaoka

Into The Wild composed by Eddie Vedder

The Social Network composed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can never go wrong with Trent Reznor, IMO.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Gone Girl

Quake

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians of the Galaxy:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff guys. I like the Gone Girl score, but much like Grand Budapest Hotel it fits the film absolutely perfectly, though it just isn't quite the same when listening to it by itself.

I haven't even added any Hans Zimmer yet, who is probably my favourite Hollywood composer.

I'll probably add a directory organized by composer/various to the original post so the links can easily be found. I'll use this thread all the time to find music. So often when I'm thinking of music to listen to, I stare that that search bar on YouTube and draw an absolutely blank when it comes to new stuff, meaning I've basically listened to the same stuff over and over again.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Hans Zimmer. One of my favorites:

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad we can't embed playlists, but if we're talking scary soundtracks, of recent memory Under the Skin has to be up there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mp...Tu4nFBDxxcv3l0

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Under The Skin was a movie I really wanted to like, but I just couldn't. A lot of people loved it enough I think I'll give it another shot eventually. I watched Upstream Colour the next day and enjoyed that film a lot more.

It's Hans Zimmer time! I love Zimmer because of his minimalistic approach.

Batman Begins composed by Hans Zimmer

The Dark Knight composed by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

The Dark Knight Rises composed by Hans Zimmer (my favourite of the trilogy)

The Last Samurai composed by Hans Zimmer (When I realised how awesome he was)

Interstellar

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Shining

I can't seem to figure out how to post the actual video without it appearing as a link

EDIT:

I took the "s" out and it worked

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to post the actual video without it appearing as a link
    You have to remove the s in https.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Type 'video' in square brackets, on both sides of the link with the '/' in the second one. Take the 's' out of the 'https' in the link. The site is screwing depending on your browser, though. I couldn't post video links in IE, but can in Chrome, while in Chrome I can' use 'ctrl+b' to make text bold (the tags also show up in the text box when I quote someone) like I could with IE.

Country
    Country Flag

I just click on the Insert Video icon in the text field and make sure to remove the s from https.

Country
    Country Flag

And this is the ultimate horror score, I think:

Country
    Country Flag

Another one of my all-time favorites:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have to see The Abyss. I own it too haha

The Thing composed by Ennio Morricone

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Type 'video' in square brackets, on both sides of the link with the '/' in the second one. Take the 's' out of the 'https' in the link. The site is screwing depending on your browser, though. I couldn't post video links in IE, but can in Chrome, while in Chrome I can' use 'ctrl+b' to make text bold (the tags also show up in the text box when I quote someone) like I could with IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You have to remove the s in https.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I just click on the Insert Video icon in the text field and make sure to remove the s from https.
    Much thanks gentlemen!
    took the s out and it worked!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Years the great Maurice Jarre was my #1.

Goosebumps!
    (And don't forget, the lovely Julie Christie!)

sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-Q4nmYqc4

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No one can beat Goblin for the best movies scores. Suspiria is the pinnacle of mixing visual and audio to create an unnerving, nay, terrifying, atmosphere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL6...&v=wtXz3OlFwZA

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really surprised no one has posted any Phillip Glass, yet.

Koyaanisqatsi composed by Phillip Glass

Dracula composed by Phillip Glass

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The soundtrack from The Mystery of Rampo is extraordinarily beautiful. Here's the only clip I could find of just some music. This is by no means the best piece from the movie. This is one of my all-time favorite movies; it's just a bonus that the soundtrack is so pretty.

Also, for tremendous scores, you have to have The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly in there. Here's a clip representing the best segment; it's not from the movie itself, but you'll recognize it.

Here's THREE clips from a movie I didn't like all that much (Paprika) but thought the music was intriguing.

I also LOVE the soundtrack from Spirited Away. I could listen to the end credits song over and over. The below clip is the closest I could come to the actual movie soundtrack. Almost everything is a cover version "because otherwise it would be taken down due to copyright claims, like other songs from Ghibli movies, the original Japanese versions tend to get taken down faster than you can find them unfortunately."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast