Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have stayed away from this.... mainly cause mostly bad reviews. Seems kind of mixed here too... I may someday though!
    You're missing out. I loved this book. One of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time.
    Really? What would you give it out of 10?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have stayed away from this.... mainly cause mostly bad reviews. Seems kind of mixed here too... I may someday though!
    You're missing out. I loved this book. One of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time.
    Really? What would you give it out of 10?

There was a lot of nostalgia for me in this story. So maybe that accounted for a point. And it has all the elements I love in a book. Action, adventure, love story. And I felt it was well written of course. Engaging all through. A real page turner. I was never bored.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, I did the same thing... There was so much hype around it that I didn't want to read it. My girlfriend finally convinced me to pick it up and I couldn't put it down until the end. Very good story

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bad reviews? It has 91% 4 and 5 star ratings on Amazon.

As a child of the 80's, I loved it. Armada, his second book, wasn't as good, but RP1 is wonderful.

A solid 9/10 for me

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I loved RP1, Armada was good until the rushed ending.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

K ya sold me guys and thanks! I will read it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Kris, I did the same thing... There was so much hype around it that I didn't want to read it. My girlfriend finally convinced me to pick it up and I couldn't put it down until the end. Very good story
    For me the book with so much hype, that I ended up not enjoying at all was The Martian.

Country
    Country Flag

For me the book with so much hype, that I ended up not enjoying at all was The Martian.
    I am NOT reading that at all. Too much tech stuff I am told... I think that takes away from the story. The movie however is getting RAVE reviews... 98% I think of Rotten Tomatoes!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was a tough book for sure, but I actually loved it. I guess having a math/science background made it a little easier for me. Can't wait for the movie. Matt Damon is going to be awesome.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wholeheartedly agree, Eric - having a science background myself I loved that aspect, but I can see how it wouldn't work for everyone. Looking forward to the movie as well.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I may still go see the movie. But I tell ya, I did not like that book at all. I was utterly bored. Must be the lack of a math/science background.

Country
    Country Flag

The funny thing is, I loved reading the book but at the same time I would not call it a great book. Does that make sense? I probably won't reread it but I really enjoyed the ride.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it makes sense. I've felt that way about other books I've read.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it will translate into a great film. It is like reading a textbook as opposed to seeing an experiment. It's more fun to see the action.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about to start reading it. I like physics and science, so I think I'll like it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't put down RP1. It is great book IMO 9.5/10 I think the movie will be awesome !

The Martian was slow at the beginning - too technical for me but I enjoyed it and during the reading I was thinking - man, I can't wait for the movie. This book was written to be a movie.
    Btw - I read an article that NASA actually supported weir with the book and especially to promote it in Hollywood ...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved The Martian. i read it about a month ago. If you haven't read it yet, think Apollo 13 (which in turn was based on "Lost Moon" by James Lovell) Yes it has a lot of tech but it is an amazing story of survival and problem solving. As soon as I finished it I thought "That would make a GREAT movie" 3 weeks later I started to see the advertising Billboards! I cant wait to go and see it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am on vacation this week - so the goals are - finish the martian - then see the movie and then meet Andy at the end of the month (and get several books signed).

And I loved RP1, and I really did enjoy Armada - it was a fun read - nothing spectacular - maybe slightly biased since I did get a chance to meet him during the signing tour - maybe that always allows for a bit more leeway when rating a book. Speaking of RP1 - i really enjoyed the audio version - my wife doesn't read that much - or have the time with her work. but she thoroughly enjoyed the audio book and Will Wheaton reading - on our last hockey traveling trip. Will reads Armada as well - so I will give that a try too. The RP1 audio version was very cheap when I got the discounted kindle ebook and added the audio version with it.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was chasing this one for a long time. Ready Player One green proof SIGNED

HUGE thanks to Josh (jsmcmullen92) for finding this for me. Thanks buddy

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful Shac. Congratulations!

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking proof. I'm about halfway through the book right now and loving it!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats sharki69! Awesome pickup.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Limited Edition Ready Player One poster signed by Ernest Cline. I tried to grab one directly from the artist, but it sold out in about 15 minutes. Retail was $90, and the current bid is $132

Ready Player One poster by Harlan Elam SOLD OUT
    Charity Auction benefitting the Austin Disaster Relief Network

Hello fellow Gunters. You're here presumably because you're a huge fan of Ernest Cline's Ready Player One and you missed out on buying one from my shop. Here's your second chance to score one of these sold out poster tributes to a fantastic book and give back to the community in a fantastic way.

Proceeds from this auction will go directly to helping one of 350+ local families who fell victim to major floods in October of 2015.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

That's amazing poster

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Limited Edition Ready Player One poster signed by Ernest Cline. I tried to grab one directly from the artist, but it sold out in about 15 minutes. Retail was $90, and the current bid is $132

Ready Player One poster by Harlan Elam SOLD OUT
    Charity Auction benefitting the Austin Disaster Relief Network

Hello fellow Gunters. You're here presumably because you're a huge fan of Ernest Cline's Ready Player One and you missed out on buying one from my shop. Here's your second chance to score one of these sold out poster tributes to a fantastic book and give back to the community in a fantastic way.

Proceeds from this auction will go directly to helping one of 350+ local families who fell victim to major floods in October of 2015.
    That is so cool! Definitely giving this one a bid!

EDIT: And already above my limit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast