Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I hope they are not members because I asked for clarification thru photos and confirmed it was the B.F. edition. He then called me the "C" word. I'm reporting him.
    What an asshole. I reported his listing too. If he called you that via eBay messaging, hopefully he gets his account suspended.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I hope they are not members because I asked for clarification thru photos and confirmed it was the B.F. edition. He then called me the "C" word. I'm reporting him.
    What an asshole. I reported his listing too. If he called you that via eBay messaging, hopefully he gets his account suspended.
    I just did. He's being notified. Not sure how long that takes.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I just did. He's being notified. Not sure how long that takes.
    Nice score one for the good guys.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

That's going beyond being an asshole and entering psychopath territory. And a stupid psychopath at that. That stinks he said that to you Becca and I think his name should go into the "avoid" thread.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Barnes & Noble does this with some of the signed editions. They are 1st prints of a special signed edition. I don't believe they have more than the one printing. I would guess maybe a 4,000 to 5,000 print run?

I've gotten titles like Outlander, The Goldfinch, The Outsiders and more (1st prints) from their Black Friday editions. They all have updated dust jackets with current prices.
    I have a bunch of those as well. I always look forward to the Black Friday B&N sale.

To get back to more positive things, here's a video of Rick Riordan signing the Magnus Chase copies for the Black Friday sale a few years back. No tipped-in editions for him!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That's going beyond being an asshole and entering psychopath territory. And a stupid psychopath at that. That stinks he said that to you Becca and I think his name should go into the "avoid" thread.
    Thanks, that's what the Ebay rep said too.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I’m thinking it may be nearing time to let my RPO signed first go.
    The new trailer has created a buzz.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    What would one be worth? I have the B&N Black Friday signed copy, but may be interested in a true 1st as well.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    What would one be worth? I have the B&N Black Friday signed copy, but may be interested in a true 1st as well.
    $75 will get you a f/f signed 1st edition: see here
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Man, you're good Now if you could only find me the P&J hardcover of IT
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You may want to verify with the seller that this is a true first printing and not the Black Friday first printing.

Country
    Country Flag

I would make sure that's not the B&N signed edition. States there is a label on front and the B&N copyright page has 2011 date and full number line too.

A 1st RPO should be priced much higher than that - $400-600.

I would make sure that's not the B&N signed edition. States there is a label on front and the B&N copyright page has 2011 date and full number line too.

Yeah, I've seen a TON of the B&N copies on eBay in the last couple weeks. From what I can tell, the only difference to the copyright page is the B&N doesn't say "First Edition" at the bottom, correct? I've sent him a message asking for a picture of the copyright page. Thanks.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

If that is a true first, grab it. Great steal if so.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've seen a TON of the B&N copies on eBay in the last couple weeks. From what I can tell, the only difference to the copyright page is the B&N doesn't say "First Edition" at the bottom, correct? I've sent him a message asking for a picture of the copyright page. Thanks.
    the dust jacket on a 1st won't have the black NYT Best Seller bar either.

the dust jacket on a 1st won't have the black NYT Best Seller bar either.
    Just received a reply to my inquiry. He sent pics. It's the B&N edition
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Bummer. I’ll take offers on mine here. I won’t lie. I am attempting to cash in the craze right now. An unemployed wife and me working retail again...I may eBay it and take my chances. I will say I like Becca's top end assessment though. It’s a signed first. Pristine as far as I last looked. I know it’s unread.

Country
    Country Flag

Bummer. I’ll take offers on mine here. I won’t lie. I am attempting to cash in the craze right now. An unemployed wife and me working retail again...I may eBay it and take my chances. I will say I like Becca's top end assessment though. It’s a signed first. Pristine as far as I last looked. I know it’s unread.
    one just recently sold for $595

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m attending SXSW a few days for work and last night, after a 3.5 hour wait in line, I was able to attend the world premiere of the movie. Spielberg, Ernest Cline and a lot of the cast were all there and did a short Q&A session with the audience afterwords.
    I still haven’t read the book so I can’t offer any comparisons, but it was a cool experience.
    Generally a fun movie, though I’m sure gamers will enjoy it more than I did. Growing up in the 80s, I did enjoy the countless pop culture references stuffed into every square inch of the movie.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

For sale:
    Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    Subterranean Press Signed Limited
    Comes in custom slipcase (made by Jeff)
    All in Like new condition/Unread

PM me with offer if you are interested

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    For sale:
    Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    Subterranean Press Signed Limited
    Comes in custom slipcase (made by Jeff)
    All in Like new condition/Unread

PM me with offer if you are interested
    Man, that sure is tempting. I hope someone buys this quick before my self-restraint starts to crumble...

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since movie is out - took some photos of SP lettered edition. Cheers.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow! If you ever want to give it away for free, I'll take it.

I loved the movie, is the book better? I will assume it is.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

My opinion, but the book is WAY better.

And thats not to take anything away from the movie as I loved that as well. If you liked the movie I'd highly recommend the book.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

My opinion, but the book is WAY better.

And thats not to take anything away from the movie as I loved that as well. If you liked the movie I'd highly recommend the book.
    I agree. The movie is different than the book, however the movie captures the spirit of the novel. Good movie, great book.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast