Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Ah... now I know why I saw it on TV all the time.

10. IT GAINED A CULT FOLLOWING AFTER IT LEFT THEATERS.
    By the time Warner Bros. realized they had something special on their hands with The Iron Giant, it already was too late. The film was criminally under-marketed and performed poorly at the box office as a result. The studio had learned its lesson when it came time to promote the movie’s home video release. They partnered with big-name brands like General Motors, Honey Nut Cheerios, and AOL, and even distributed $2 off coupons at screenings of Pokémon: The First Movie. Then in 2000, the rights to the film were sold to Cartoon Network and TNT. Cartoon Network started airing Iron Giantmarathons on Independence Day and Thanksgiving, and as more children (and adults) were introduced to the film it eventually gained a devoted fanbase.
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/78749...out-iron-giant
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads up for RP1 completest in you: I noticed the new hardcover edition today at B&N. The number line starts with 1 and the only difference I could see was "The New York Times Bestseller" on the front cover.

I picked up a signed copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

So did I, using a 25& off coupon from Barnes & Noble.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a first printing book with a variant dustjacket. I picked up a couple of signed copies too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone wanna share one that picked up a spare?

EDIT found one at my local B&N

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Anyone wanna share one that picked up a spare?
    I'll take a piece of that action, if someone has multiple copies. I've been meaning to read this one in a nice edition, but skipped the Black Friday sale as I thought it was a later printing trade-paperback. :-(

Edit: Never mind...ran down to my local store and grabbed one.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Barnes and Noble in Port Huron, MI had four signed copies remaining when I left the store at 2 today. They're open until 10 EST. Try calling them 810-385-4849 and maybe they'll ship directly or to the B&N nearest you. I suggest acting quickly before word gets out these are original first printings.

An ambitious collector could possibly pair a later printing DJ (as long as the stated $ is the same) with this book.

edit: they're already going for silly amounts on eBay. I strongly suggest calling the store.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So the publisher had a few thousand extra first printings with tipped-in sig sheets for just such an occasion as this?

Country
    Country Flag

They're not even tipped in. Books are signed on the first blank page after the endpaper. It does seem a little bizarre that they'd have the original first printings, doesn't it? I didn't even inspect the copyright page closely because I assumed it was a special/new edition that just happened to be released for Black Friday, hence the first printing. I didn't think much of it; RP1 was only so-so to me but for $25 I figured Why not? Had I looked more closely at the copyright information, I probably would've picked up an extra book or two.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

And if they are true first printings, wouldn't they have the original first state dust jacket as well?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It’s not a true first. Pretty sure the true first says First Edition on the cp page.

A-ha! You are correct Joe. So these copies are actually first printings of a second edition?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That is what I would say.

Country
    Country Flag

It does say "1st-ed"

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, that's different then. The ones from B&N just say 1st-ed. So, a variant first edition? A new edition without any mention whatsoever that it's a new edition? And why do I care, haha?

It really should have been marked as a later edition because an unscrupulous seller could get a first state jacket and sell it as a signed true 1st/1st and make a lot of money from an unknowing buyer.

Country
    Country Flag

Not that it’ll protect buyers from a sketchy seller but the crown logo on the spine of the boards is different on the new books.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Ahh, that's different then. The ones from B&N just say 1st-ed.
    No, they just have the number line; they lack the additional "First Edition" designation. I think you're right, though, that it would then seem to be a 1st printing of a second edition.

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    No, they just have the number line; they lack the additional "First Edition" designation. I think you're right, though, that it would then seem to be a 1st printing of a second edition.
    There is a line along the middle of the cp that says "1st-ed" (for both the true first and this B&N edition). The "First Edition" under the number line is what is missing.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Really looking for a Black Friday RPO, if anyone has an extra. (Also looking for a BF of Bruce Dickinson's What Does's This Button Do, if anyone happens to snag one).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    There is a line along the middle of the cp that says "1st-ed" (for both the true first and this B&N edition). The "First Edition" under the number line is what is missing.
    I stand corrected...I now see that "1st ed." buried toward the middle of the page. With that inclusion (which was probably left on the page due to an inadvertent file error... they remembered to delete the designation at the bottom but clearly not in the middle ), I have no idea now what the legitimate term for this edition is...it's presumably not officially a second edition if it indicates a 1st, so...?

RPO is still published in hardback. I have no idea what the printing is up to for that first trade edition but last time I checked, it was pretty high. Now we have this "B&N Black Friday Signed Edition" which started the printing over at "1". Will there be a 2nd printing of this B&N Black Friday Edition (not signed of course) or was it a one-time thing with this printing and subsequent hardback printings will pick back up with the high number it currently is in through the first trade edition? Does my question make sense?

If it is just a one time printing for this signed edition, wouldn't that make it a limited edition?

Currently there are 778 B&Ns in US (though some did not participate in this signed book sale apparently but I will use the full number for guess work). Some books I saw were limited to 4 per store and some were 5. I have no idea what it was for RPO but let's say 5.

5(778 ) = 3890 copies

if 4,

4(778 ) = 3112 copies

I wish I knew how many stores actually participated.

OFF topic but this seller has two of the Black Friday signed copies and has positioned the cp in the pic to where it shows "1st ed" but does not show below the number line. In the description, they claim they bought these at a signing Cline did in NYC. I hope I am imagining any shadiness if the seller happens to be a member here.

Ready Player One SIGNED 1st edition Ernest Cline MINT Hardcover Barnes & Noble

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Barnes & Noble does this with some of the signed editions. They are 1st prints of a special signed edition. I don't believe they have more than the one printing. I would guess maybe a 4,000 to 5,000 print run?

I've gotten titles like Outlander, The Goldfinch, The Outsiders and more (1st prints) from their Black Friday editions. They all have updated dust jackets with current prices.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    RPO is still published in hardback. I have no idea what the printing is up to for that first trade edition but last time I checked, it was pretty high. Now we have this "B&N Black Friday Signed Edition" which started the printing over at "1". Will there be a 2nd printing of this B&N Black Friday Edition (not signed of course) or was it a one-time thing with this printing and subsequent hardback printings will pick back up with the high number it currently is in through the first trade edition? Does my question make sense?

If it is just a one time printing for this signed edition, wouldn't that make it a limited edition?

Currently there are 778 B&Ns in US (though some did not participate in this signed book sale apparently but I will use the full number for guess work). Some books I saw were limited to 4 per store and some were 5. I have no idea what it was for RPO but let's say 5.

5(778 ) = 3890 copies

if 4,

4(778 ) = 3112 copies

I wish I knew how many stores actually participated.

OFF topic but this seller has two of the Black Friday signed copies and has positioned the cp in the pic to where it shows "1st ed" but does not show below the number line. In the description, they claim they bought these at a signing Cline did in NYC. I hope I am imagining any shadiness if the seller happens to be a member here.

Ready Player One SIGNED 1st edition Ernest Cline MINT Hardcover Barnes & Noble
    I hope they are not members because I asked for clarification thru photos and confirmed it was the B.F. edition. He then called me the "C" word. I'm reporting him.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast