Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Miscellaneous essays

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I really thought King above this.

To create characters with your opposite view point then portray them as homophobic, racist,misogynist and ignorant is, at best, disingenuous. As I am no supporter of Trump; it appears childish.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Default Print copy

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I've just purchased a print copy of this.
    Can we get some specifics?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I've just purchased a print copy of this.
    Can we get some specifics?
    As long as it's in print you can buy the back issue here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

It is in the colour supplement dated 01.04.17 page 26 to page 35, illustrated by Leonard Beard.

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    It is in the colour supplement dated 01.04.17 page 26 to page 35, illustrated by Leonard Beard.
    Thanks! Does the printed essay has the same title as the online appearance? Quite often there are differences in titles. Just curious...it's for a long list of all things King I have

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

It is called How did we get here?

Thanks

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I rarely come into the oracle, but I've started to put together King's non-fiction essays, columns etc. I have managed about 560 pages, but only touched the surface. In another thread there is an excellent list of non-fiction but it's only up to 2006. Is there anywhere on the Net that has an up-to-date list?

I have been trying to obtain the many articles in The Bangor Daily News but their website only has two past articles in the archive. Does anybody know of any other sources?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Jon

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The last version of Justin's bibliography goes up to 2013
    > https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/303394
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I have my own list that contains both fiction and nonfiction and is updated frequently. I'm sure I have all the Bangor Daily News pieces as scans

Gunslinger Apprentice cowboy_ed will become famous soon enough cowboy_ed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I rarely come into the oracle, but I've started to put together King's non-fiction essays, columns etc. I have managed about 560 pages, but only touched the surface. In another thread there is an excellent list of non-fiction but it's only up to 2006. Is there anywhere on the Net that has an up-to-date list?

I have been trying to obtain the many articles in The Bangor Daily News but their website only has two past articles in the archive. Does anybody know of any other sources?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
    Jon
    Would you be opposed to... sharing this?

Gunslinger Apprentice cowboy_ed will become famous soon enough cowboy_ed's Avatar

^^ bump

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont remember reading about that book which I accidentally found : LIGHT IN THE DARK, a new collection of essays about writing
    It contains what seems a new essay, "You've been here before" the incipit from NEEDFUL THINGS

And (most) of it can be read through the Google Books preview
    > https://books.google.fr/books?id=lbT...20dark&f=false
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont remember reading about that book which I accidentally found : LIGHT IN THE DARK, a new collection of essays about writing
    It contains what seems a new essay, "You've been here before" the incipit from NEEDFUL THINGS

And (most) of it can be read through the Google Books preview
    > https://books.google.fr/books?id=lbT...20dark&f=false
    It seems to be an earlier interview that has been constructed as an essay

Country
    Country Flag

Justin pointed out to me that it seems likely to be taken from that interview
    >
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...tences/278043/

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Justin pointed out to me that it seems likely to be taken from that interview
    >
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...tences/278043/
    Yup. Here's a link to the interview as it originally appeared on The Atlantic's website: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...tences/278043/

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if it's also in the printed edition?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if it's also in the printed edition?
    The note says they don't think it has been printed but there was a Black Magic & Music booklet where it first appeared.

Yes - eager to know whether the print edition of the paper has this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5