Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    also
    Spoiler:
    Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Okay, I never was into X-Men as a kid, so I just know the movies. So my opinion is not really based on anything.

I thought Ryan Reynolds was a poor casting choice, because he is Ryan Reynolds. He should not be cast as anyone for anything. Something my boyfriend and I laughed about later:
    Spoiler:
    Okay, Deadpool's lips were sewn shut to get him to shut up. But he's controlled by a computer. Why didn't they just put in a "stfu" command? I know, it looks cooler if he has no mouth. Still dumb. Also, supposedly they took all the DNA and combined it. Right, then he'd have diamond-hard skin and his head wouldn't have come off. Brilliant. Not only that, but he only displayed about four superpowers. Out of all those mutants they had chilling out in prison.
    In summary, Deadpool sucked.

As for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie:
    Spoiler:
    This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick!
    Maybe it makes sense if you read the comics, but it was horrible to me.

Probably my last gripe with this movie.
    Spoiler:
    Diamond-hard skin does not mean your skin looks like it is coated in diamonds. Even if it looked like that in the comic, it could have been done better.

Basically, I thought this was a good, albeit pretty cliche, action movie. I love the X-Men characters no matter how cheesy the movies get, and Hugh Jackman is delicious.

I wish I had known about the endings later, we left the theater right away.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    as for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie:
    Spoiler:
    This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick!
    The problem is I think writers for the comics are given a certain amount of freedom. And since Wolverine's memories have been played with, they can almost say anything then change it again later on. I don't think he's Wolverine's father, but who knows. But your spoiler, ya, it was interesting to say the least. Like I said to, I do remember picking up a comic book that did have almost that story line where he's a kid. But I don't know where it went from there.

Spoiler:
    Diamond-hard skin does not mean your skin looks like it is coated in diamonds. Even if it looked like that in the comic, it could have been done better.
    I agree.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, you know - way back when, in the very beginning, when they announced Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... I was not happy. I thought he was a horrible choice and honestly, I was completely wrong. He's a GREAT Wolverine and I don't think anyone would or could do a better job. He had the whole character right ( meaning, the tone, the sarcasm, the angst, the pain, the strength ).

Gotta give him the thumbs up.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Wait the Diamond Cream from Arrested Development was in the new xmen film!?

I gotta ses it now
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I thought too!
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

also
    Spoiler:
    Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Okay, I never was into X-Men as a kid, so I just know the movies. So my opinion is not really based on anything.

I thought Ryan Reynolds was a poor casting choice, because he is Ryan Reynolds. He should not be cast as anyone for anything. Something my boyfriend and I laughed about later:
    Spoiler:
    Okay, Deadpool's lips were sewn shut to get him to shut up. But he's controlled by a computer. Why didn't they just put in a "stfu" command? I know, it looks cooler if he has no mouth. Still dumb. Also, supposedly they took all the DNA and combined it. Right, then he'd have diamond-hard skin and his head wouldn't have come off. Brilliant. Not only that, but he only displayed about four superpowers. Out of all those mutants they had chilling out in prison.
    In summary, Deadpool sucked.

As for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Basically, I thought this was a good, albeit pretty cliche, action movie. I love the X-Men characters no matter how cheesy the movies get, and Hugh Jackman is delicious.

I wish I had known about the endings later, we left the theater right away.
    The reason that Deadpool did not have diamond-hard skin is because they did not give him that power. They only gave him powers from ten specially chosen mutants according to what Stryker said. The rest of the mutants were just ones they captured. Remember what John Wraith said?

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Stryker said they had to determine which mutant powers could coexist within a single host, if I recall correctly.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah. Nevermind then.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yeah, you know - way back when, in the very beginning, when they announced Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... I was not happy. I thought he was a horrible choice and honestly, I was completely wrong. He's a GREAT Wolverine and I don't think anyone would or could do a better job. He had the whole character right ( meaning, the tone, the sarcasm, the angst, the pain, the strength ).

You should find the interview he did for the first X-Men movie. Something like he couldn't get it. The director kept telling him that he wasn't quite getting it. And Jackman said his normal daily steps are wake up early and work out, do yoga, meditate, and I guess he eats pretty healthy. And he said after reading more of the Wolverine comics (or something), he decided to stay up late, slept thru his workout and meditation time, and started drinking coffee. When he went in that day to shoot a scene for X-Men, the director said he finally got it.

Don't quote me, I can't remember what the article said, but it was something like that.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeeeeah... umm.... what the frickin' fuck was up with Deadpool? Wade was fun, but Deadpool? There was no Deadpool. I can't believe there's gonna be a sequel based on that character (whoever that was) in the movie.

I liked Schreibertooth, but only because I dig Liev Schreiber in all that he does.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a story line, by Chris Claremont I think, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it . . . Anyway, he was gearing up for some kind of plot where Sabretooth was revealed as Wolverine's father, but it never came to fruition and later lost and forgotten.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

You should find the interview he did for the first X-Men movie. Something like he couldn't get it. The director kept telling him that he wasn't quite getting it. And Jackman said his normal daily steps are wake up early and work out, do yoga, meditate, and I guess he eats pretty healthy. And he said after reading more of the Wolverine comics (or something), he decided to stay up late, slept thru his workout and meditation time, and started drinking coffee. When he went in that day to shoot a scene for X-Men, the director said he finally got it.

Don't quote me, I can't remember what the article said, but it was something like that.
    That would definitely do it.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    There was a story line, by Chris Claremont I think, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it . . . Anyway, he was gearing up for some kind of plot where Sabretooth was revealed as Wolverine's father, but it never came to fruition and later lost and forgotten.
    That is interesting, I really like Chris Claremont. I have a couple of graphic novels he was involved with. Wonder why they didn't go with it, unless for some reason it would cause to much of a disturbance in the Marvel Universe.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I read that Claremont decided not to make Sabretooth Wolvie's dad because too many of the fans called it. And the slight obviousness factor.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Amused

Makes sense.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    That opening scene was a scene from Wolverine:Origin, and it was a big plot twist that took 3 months to build up to, explaining the situation. To do it with no buildup here is very confusing to someone who's never read the story, and of course, presented as it is here, there's no plot twist. In the book, Victor's not the other kid, the caretaker's son's name is Logan, and of course, the plot twist is that for 3 issues you think he's gonna be Wolverine, and then you go Holy Shit when you find out it's the sickly kid. Very well done in the book, not so in the movie.

Also, in the comics, Sabertooth is Wolverine's cousin, not his brother, and they were never really close.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine0712 View Post
    In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that.
    This is the character called Logan, his nickname is Dog, and is most assuredly NOT Victor Creed.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine0712 View Post
    In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that.
    This is the character called Logan, his nickname is Dog, and is most assuredly NOT Victor Creed.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I liked the movie for what it was. I liked Ryan Reynolds, too, and I don't know why so many people don't. I used to watch Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place all the time from way back when and have enjoyed him ever since.

It was a good night out, but nothing particularly special, though Liev did a great job. He was on NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me show last week and was talking about the shakespearean elements of comic books which I found interesting. He also had a great sense of humor.

Country
    Country Flag

I basically don't like Ryan Reynolds because he looks completely vapid all of the time. Also once someone does enough shitty movies, I lose respect for them unless they come back with something really, really cool (Like the guy from Harold and Kumar playing Sulu... totally redeemed himself). This wasn't good enough.

You guys are making me want to read the comics now.

My Mood
    Amused

I will take Ryan Reynolds over Dane Cook anytime, as far as crappy movies. I use to watch 2 guys and a pizza place all the time to. Ryan was also in Blade trinity I think.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Yeah, he was the only good thing about Trinity in my opinion. Comic relief in the midst of one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Sorry to the Blade fans.

Country
    Country Flag

Dane Cook really isn't that good either. He was really funny, but then I guess he got popular and decided he didn't need to work so hard anymore or something. He wasn't awful in Dan In Real Life though.

My Mood
    Amused

Dane Cook really isn't that good either. He was really funny, but then I guess he got popular and decided he didn't need to work so hard anymore or something. He wasn't awful in Dan In Real Life though.
    I agree, his roll in Dan In Real Life was alright.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I finally saw this last night with some friends. It was alright, but in the beginning
    Spoiler:
    Was Sabretooth the guy that told Logan he was his father, or that boy that chased Logan out of the house?

All in all, I give it a 7. It was entertaining, but not something I could see myself buying once it hits DVD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast