Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The thing with Cyclops is that you don't really know if he's dead. In comic book speak, that means he's most likely alive.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I am pretty sure they are half brothers but I believe they hated each other from the start.

I think its kind of like the movie, Sabertooth was always jealous of Wolverine (like when they were kids) and always thought he was weak.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I am fairly sure, in the comic books - they established that Sabertooth and Wolverine were half-brothers... and then in another storyline, they kind of played that they were not... so we were left wondering.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yes can we talk about Deadpool yet?

Along the Path of the Beam wolverine0712 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

OK - I can clear a few things up.

They've never said what the relationship is between Wolverine and Sabretooth. In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that. There was an alternate timeline story Wolverine: The End where Dog and Sabretooth were separate characters.

Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique and a demon (don't ask). Mystique and Sabretooth are the parents of Graydon Creed, an anti-mutant politician that was assassinated by Mystique and recently brought back in X-Force.

Wolverine and Sabretooth were special agents for Team X, along with Maverick (who later became Agent Zero) and Wraith. All had mutant powers. Wolvie didn't use his claws and didn't have adamantium at the time. He later was kidnapped by the Weapon X program and given memory implants that blocked his memory. Striker had nothing to do with the team or Weapon X - he was a religious figure who preached mutants were the spawn of the devil.

Now for the movie - I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first half - up until they killed Silverfox. After that, it was pretty much a mess. I thought Deadpool was spot on in the first half, and ruined in the second half. I hate Gambit, but he was ok in the movie. The Blob was a definite bright spot, and I didn't think Will.I.Am did that bad as Wraith. As for the island, I was thinking it was more like the Neverland Island from the last Weapon X series, where they kidnapped mutants to either recruit, kill, or experiment on.

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

The above hints via the note : "Dog, who bears an uncanny resembalance to..."

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I really enjoyed the movie. Two minor complaints - 1. I wish they could have not used the tired, action movie cliche's and 2. I wish they had either used the actor who played William Stryker or someone who looked a lot more like him than the one they chose. Outside of that it was really, really good.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Oh and I can't wait for the one about Magneto coming up.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Gay

Matthew - I agree... I wish they'd have found a way to use Brian Cox as well ( as Stryker ).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    FYI : http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

The above hints via the note : "Dog, who bears an uncanny resembalance to..."
    Just an FYI here, but writer Paul Jenkins has said that Dog was not intended to be Sabertooth, though he has no problem if another writer comes along later and retcons it so they are the same person.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Gay

Regardless... that whole aspect really works in the movie, very well.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it worked very well in the movie too. I just wish the writers had worked as hard on the rest of the film.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine0712 View Post
    OK - I can clear a few things up.

They've never said what the relationship is between Wolverine and Sabretooth. In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that. There was an alternate timeline story Wolverine: The End where Dog and Sabretooth were separate characters.

Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique and a demon (don't ask). Mystique and Sabretooth are the parents of Graydon Creed, an anti-mutant politician that was assassinated by Mystique and recently brought back in X-Force.

Wolverine and Sabretooth were special agents for Team X, along with Maverick (who later became Agent Zero) and Wraith. All had mutant powers. Wolvie didn't use his claws and didn't have adamantium at the time. He later was kidnapped by the Weapon X program and given memory implants that blocked his memory. Striker had nothing to do with the team or Weapon X - he was a religious figure who preached mutants were the spawn of the devil.

Now for the movie - I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first half - up until they killed Silverfox. After that, it was pretty much a mess. I thought Deadpool was spot on in the first half, and ruined in the second half. I hate Gambit, but he was ok in the movie. The Blob was a definite bright spot, and I didn't think Will.I.Am did that bad as Wraith. As for the island, I was thinking it was more like the Neverland Island from the last Weapon X series, where they kidnapped mutants to either recruit, kill, or experiment on.
    This just goes to show you I'm right about the Marvel Universe being a soap opera. Because when I left off, most of the above was not true, which means between writers, they changed everything again. It's like Sam said about Cyclops, if he's comic dead, then more than likely he's alive. Like the Nightcrawler part, I have the issue when they tell Nightcrawler (it could have been a lie) that his parents are Mystique and Victor Creed. At least that is what was said in the issue I have.

Team X consisted of Logan (Wolverine), Victor Creed (Sabretooth), Maverick, Kestrel, Mastodon,and Silver Fox. Most were given an Anti-aging serum, except Logan and Creed.

Deadpool is a product of Canada's Weapon X program, which his terminal cancer was cured by Wolverine's DNA, which the process disfigured him.

And as far as Stryker, he may have been involved with the Weapon X program, not his character from the movie, but he may have been involved. Not in the graphic novel God Loves, Man Kills.

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, for sure Marvel is like a soap opera... that's why I love it so much... more angst by the mile than any other universe!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, here's a shocker.

They've announced a Wolverine sequel already.

Sequel / Print B

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, here's a shocker.

They've announced a Wolverine sequel already.

Sequel / Print B
    What....but I got the other ending...will my sequel be different?!?

My Mood
    Gay

I got the other ending too... I guess I'll see you at that movie!

My Mood
    Amused

My Mood
    Gay

OMG :

Deadpool

With the freaking awesome coolness of Gambit... they go with that?

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.
    Why? What's the point? What's so wrong with the comic version of Deadpool that they have to mess with it? It's a great story. He's got cancer, he volunteers for Weapon X (NOT XI), and it fucks him up. There's more to it, yeah, but the original story is good enough on it's own. He can keep the teleportation power, he has a device in the comics for that, but really... I don't understand the need to change things that work in their original state.

Deadpool is a great character. Why change every interesting thing about him?

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

My Mood
    Gay

Valt - you got me on that one. I have no idea. I was really surprised by the news, honestly.

I thought Deadpool, as portrayed in the Wolverine movie, was a stinky boring villian.

Give me more Gambit or Sabertooth.

Ryan Reynolds? Meh.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even hate Ryan Reynolds. If they'd kept him like that, but given him cancer and set him up to be a participant in the Weapon X program, that would've been fine. It'd have been a lot cooler for Wade Wilson to be Wolverine's final opponent, but with Wolverine's own special healing power.

Deadpool is enough of a badass by himself. He doesn't need Cyclops eye beams and all that other shit. It's just a bad decision all around.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well maybe he lost some of those powers when he "died" so that he is more like the comic version. I am pretty sure that I have heard people ask for a Deadpool movie before and didn't the character carry his title for longer than Gambit did? I am not surprised by this at all.

My Mood
    Amused

The only problem with Deadpool is I don't think he's suppose to be a mutant to begin with. Just an awesome mercenary. And in the comic, like I stated above, he gets his cancered cured by a serum created from Wolverine's DNA, the process is suppose to leave him disfigured. Why other powers? They should just make a tv show about that stuff! OH wait they did, it's called Heroes.

They did Gambit alright, except all that card stuff flying stuff (not his power) I thought is just suppose to be really good card tricks. Not throw the deck in the air and each card comes down one by one so he rocket them away like a machine gun. With his power, it's only suppose to take one card to propel someone thru a wall. And in the comic he throws multiple cards at once.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    I didn't even hate Ryan Reynolds. If they'd kept him like that, but given him cancer and set him up to be a participant in the Weapon X program, that would've been fine. It'd have been a lot cooler for Wade Wilson to be Wolverine's final opponent, but with Wolverine's own special healing power.

Deadpool is enough of a badass by himself. He doesn't need Cyclops eye beams and all that other shit. It's just a bad decision all around.
    Exactly. My first thought was, "How are they going to make this happen now after the Origins fiasco." I WAS pretty pumped, but if they're continuing down this road, it's just going to be really dumb.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast