Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that I haven't seen the Daredevil Director's Cut yet, but I enjoyed Daredevil. I hated Electra, Ang Lee's Hulk, and the infamous Fantastic Four that was never released but is invariably shown after midnight at Science Fiction and Comic Cons all over the country.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

You talking about the Fantastic Four they made 2 movies about already? with Jessica Alba playing Sue Richards (Storm)? I liked the first movie, but the rise of the silver surfer was kind of sucko.

I have actually liked almost every comic movie that has come out as of the first X-Men movie. They have only improved after it. There are some of the movies that I have a hard time with. I actually didn't mind Daredevil or the Hulk. What I didn't understand was Catwoman.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm talking about a Fantastic Four movie that was made years ago, like back in the 90's. It was so bad that it was never released in theaters OR on video. The only copies that have surfaced have been bootlegs, and there is a reason for it. The film is HORRIBLE. The only good part of it was The Thing. He looked really good. The rest of it sucked swamp waste water.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from seeing it. Overall, I liked it. But just in a "it was good fun" type way.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that they pretty much took one of the best X-Men plots ever (Genosha) and turned it into Three Mile Island and a way to give Deadpool tons of powers. Every time someone mentioned "the island" and rounding up mutants I thought to myself, "Fuck yes they're setting up for Genosha in another movie." But no, it's just Three Mile Island where they're taking powers from mutants for Deadpool.

Such a waste.

It's almost as bad as what they did to the Dark Phoenix Saga in The Last Stand.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

X men 3 pissed me off because they wasted the plot opportunity of killing xavier as a way to kickstart a film version of The Age Of Apocalypse
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

John F. Kennedy Deschain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Personally I think Origins was done fairly well, I enjoyed it for the most part though admittedly I think that certain parts could have been done better but finding a movie that is exactly what I as a viewer wants is rather hard. I did rather like the opening segment though, where Wolverine was running through the different wars I thought it was done quite well.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I have had to repeatedly tell friends that X-Men 3 is NOT the Dark Phoenix Saga story!

I did like Origins, a lot. It was fun.

I completely didn't make the jump to Genosha, though. I'll have to think on that one. I didn't connect Deadpool to the radioactivity since they pretty much said they'd done it to him.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the movie. It was fun. There were some really cool things in it, but I wish there was more Gambit and I really don't like what they did with Deadpool. Goodluck making a spin-off now Hollywood.

Oh and yeah, I thought Genosha as well. Then ended up in frikkin Pennsylvania.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the stories are both fairly similar. They both involve rounding up mutants and taking them to a secret island.

Except in the movie they're using the mutants to give Deadpool powers.

Even if they didn't draw the idea of the island from Genosha, it's way too similar for Genosha to ever be used in another X-Men or Wolverine movie.

I don't think the radioactivity on Three Mile had anything to do with Deadpool, I just wish they'd saved the whole island bit for Genosha and not turned it into what they did.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

So I watched Origins on Friday, and maybe it's because I was so psyched to watch it, but I thought it was very...okay.

Boo.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel kind of like this . . . Spending most of my life having Wolverine's origin and backstory called a 'mystery' from some of the best names in comics . . . getting little pieces here and there in the comics, cartoons and movies, the Origin miniseries . . . just enough to get an idea and the urge to want to know more . . . and then a live action, Wolverine Origin movie comes out and everything felt so rushed and choppy. I mean the admantium bonding scene felt like it was 5 seconds long . . . I don't know. It was good. I guess I just expected better IMO.

Don't get me wrong though. It was still a fun trip to the movies. It could have been worse. I sat through the whole movie of The Village by M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong at the theatre. Whoo-fah! did that suck.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    I sat through the whole movie of The Village by M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong at the theatre. Whoo-fah! did that suck.
    nice king of the hill reference.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER!!!! Ending A
    I got the other one! I was a bit disappointed by it, but what can you do?

SG -

One Eye

I wondered the same thing!
    I really enjoyed the movie. And although Ryan Reynolds' acting wasn't the best, he sure was nice to look at...and those swords? WOW.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER!!!! Ending A
    I got the other one! I was a bit disappointed by it, but what can you do?

SG -

One Eye

I wondered the same thing!
    I really enjoyed the movie. And although Ryan Reynolds' acting wasn't the best, he sure was nice to look at...and those swords? WOW.
    WHAT THE HELL IS THE OTHER ONE !!!

Post it, post it, post it!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hey educatedlady, you know that when they showed Deadpool (when they already did the experiment on him) that was not Ryan Reynolds. The credits listed someone else I think.

I will say this, the one thing about the movie that did it for me was Victor Creed aka Sabertooth. In all the comics I read dealing with him, that was him to a T! The X-Men movie had him as a stupid moron (looked cool) But Victor Creed's bloodlust is only equaled to his cunning.

almost the best line
    Spoiler:
    oooh...shiney!

also
    Spoiler:
    in the comic Logan was not found by and older couple, I believe the process of the bonding the metal to him was so painful, that's what partly erased his memory. He was found by couple by the name of Hudson who later became the leaders of the Canadian "avengers" Alpha Flight. Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Hey educatedlady, you know that when they showed Deadpool (when they already did the experiment on him) that was not Ryan Reynolds. The credits listed someone else I think.
    Yes, I knew. But when it was Ryan doing the sword stuff...hot. He did that on Ellen the other day so I was excited to see it in the movie.

Ending "B"

That was it.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

My Mood
    Amused

Ya someone thought he was suppose to be the same character from Blade 2 (or 3). I think Reynolds is pretty cool, 2 men and a pizza place or something right, his big start?

And as far as your spoiler, that's what I remember.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I have an issue with the x men film franchise regarding sabertooth

in the first film he was just your basic superpowered goon, his character was not taken seriously, hell he was played by a professional wrestler!
    and in this one it sounds like theyre trying to make the audience take him much more seriously....
    strange
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Yes, I knew. But when it was Ryan doing the sword stuff...hot. He did that on Ellen the other day so I was excited to see it in the movie.

Ending "B"

That was it.

Whoowho!!

Thank you...

Ah.....

I do not recall seing two holes during the x-ray scene in the early X-Men movies... but I could be wrong.

I think this film completely corrects all the wrongs done to Sabertooth's character. Liev rocks the part.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I have an issue with the x men film franchise regarding sabertooth

in the first film he was just your basic superpowered goon, his character was not taken seriously, hell he was played by a professional wrestler!
    and in this one it sounds like theyre trying to make the audience take him much more seriously....
    strange
    Sabertooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is way closer to the actual comic book Sabertooth. He's intelligent and he simply likes to kill. And the relationship between him and Logan in this movie is way closer to the comic book too. Sabertooth in the first X-Men movie was not even close to what Sabertooth is suppose to be like. And in the X-Men movie Sabertooth and Wolverine do not know eacthother

Spoiler:
    which reminds me of another thing. The Special Military team they are in in the movie is in the comic to, except it takes place in WWII and they are apart of Canada's Department H Special Military Team. Deadpool was apart of the team but there are couple different guys missing. And the only problem I have with the movie team is they weren't suppose to be mutants. Creed and Logan are the only 2 that had mutant powers and Stryker figured out a way to give the healing factor to the other team members, which is also interesting because all the other team members in the comic start dying because they were injected with a unstable serum that created their healing factor. Anyway that's what I remember.

You know, I am picking this apart, but I really did like it. I will repeat myself, I DO understand why they have make things different and it's mainly for people who didn't follow the comic book. As much as it sucks, there would probably be no way to jam, what 40 or 60 years of comic books into a 2 hour movie and there would be just to many movies.

my 2 cents

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ok, in the comic books, are Logan and Sabertooth brothers? Or was that a movie invention?

My Mood
    Amused

That I am actaully not sure of. A couple of years ago I flipped thru a wolverine or x-men comic that said "Wolverine's past revealed" and I didn't read it but that whole beginning with him really young was in the comic. But like I said I just flipped thru it. And honestly, I've been out of the wolverine loop for the past few years. And, to absolutely honest, the Marvel Universe is like a big soap opera. They re-do old story lines on different characters and depending on the writer, things get changed. So, it's very possible that Logan and Creed are half (or full) brothers, because the last time I knew in the comic Sabertooth and Mystique are the parents of Nightcrawler. So, basically all the mutants seemed to be related for some reason to eachother. In Origins, they had Quicksilver as one of the kids on the Island, and that's Magneto's son.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am pretty sure they are half brothers but I believe they hated each other from the start.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why did X-Men 3 have to ruin this movie series for me? I might have been excited about Emma Frost and Cyclops if there was any mention of her before and if Cyclops was still alive. Killing him in the third one nearly ruined this movie for me. So I'm sorry, X-Men Origins:Wolverine, because you got screwed over.
    Spoiler:
    VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast