Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
also
Spoiler:
Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?
I was wondering the same thing.

Okay, I never was into X-Men as a kid, so I just know the movies. So my opinion is not really based on anything.

I thought Ryan Reynolds was a poor casting choice, because he is Ryan Reynolds. He should not be cast as anyone for anything. Something my boyfriend and I laughed about later:
Spoiler:
Okay, Deadpool's lips were sewn shut to get him to shut up. But he's controlled by a computer. Why didn't they just put in a "stfu" command? I know, it looks cooler if he has no mouth. Still dumb. Also, supposedly they took all the DNA and combined it. Right, then he'd have diamond-hard skin and his head wouldn't have come off. Brilliant. Not only that, but he only displayed about four superpowers. Out of all those mutants they had chilling out in prison.
In summary, Deadpool sucked.

As for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie:
Spoiler:
This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick!
Maybe it makes sense if you read the comics, but it was horrible to me.

Probably my last gripe with this movie.
Spoiler:
Diamond-hard skin does not mean your skin looks like it is coated in diamonds. Even if it looked like that in the comic, it could have been done better.

Basically, I thought this was a good, albeit pretty cliche, action movie. I love the X-Men characters no matter how cheesy the movies get, and Hugh Jackman is delicious.

I wish I had known about the endings later, we left the theater right away.