Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha! Well, 90's art style aside, that's still way better than what we got (although I'll agree that the "A" belt buckle was always silly).
    I always thought he had a cool looking face. Either way I just wish they made him CG. He would've looked a lot better.
    Come on Dan, you don't think this looks cool?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Haha! Well, 90's art style aside, that's still way better than what we got (although I'll agree that the "A" belt buckle was always silly).
    I always thought he had a cool looking face. Either way I just wish they made him CG. He would've looked a lot better.
    Come on Dan, you don't think this looks cool?

I do mostly like his face design but the rest of the costume is kinda meh to me. We where never gonna get a giant Apocalypse who looks like he's been on steroids since he was born. I'm mostly reserving judgment until I actually see the new design in use in more than what the shaky cam comic con trailer showed. That said I can understand why a fan could be upset. I'd probably be upset if they drastically changed the look of Darkseid. That said I'll see your action figure:

and raise you a cool piece of art:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My rankings:

Days of Future Past
    X-2 (kind of a 1a, 1b thing here)
    First Class
    The Wolverine
    X-Men
    The Last Stand
    Origins
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to watch The Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past:

http://www.denofgeek.com/dvd-bluray/...gue-cut-review
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They went full comic book with the Psylocke costume, they should have just done the same with Apocalypse.

Minus the stupid A belt buckle.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    They went full comic book with the Psylocke costume, they should have just done the same with Apocalypse.

Minus the stupid A belt buckle.
    They did, but it looks good. Had they gone full comic book with Apocalypse we'd be getting something akin to Thanos and then we'd all be complaining about the CGI. So mostly I don't think we / they can win either way.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like they went with a pharaoh look for Apocalypse. I think I like it, but I need to see it in action. Where's that damn teaser, Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Looks like they went with a pharaoh look for Apocalypse. I think I like it, but I need to see it in action. Where's that damn teaser, Fox?
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get it when Deadpool drops in a couple of weeks.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! SEE THAT IS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE!!! How the studio every let this be R is beyond me... BUT... this movie will kill it at the box office AND show them movie exec douche bags that it can be done this way again. Member the action of the 80's and 90's?? Then they started going to PG-13... which sucks so much realism from the movie. This is GREAT... cannot wait.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This is part of a much larger conversation, but studios have adapted the PG-13 model out of necessity.

There is no way they are cutting out roughly 40% of their audience by tagging something Rated R with inflation and what it costs to produce a movie these days. Then there's online pirating and their share of the pie gets smaller and smaller. PG-13 guarantees that as many people that want to watch it, can.

This is part of a much larger conversation, but studios have adapted the PG-13 model out of necessity.

There is no way they are cutting out roughly 40% of their audience by tagging something Rated R with inflation and what it costs to produce a movie these days. Then there's online pirating and their share of the pie gets smaller and smaller. PG-13 guarantees that as many people that want to watch it, can.
    Pretty much this. Personally I think we should get rid of the distinction between PG - 13 and R. I don't personally think anything you'd see in a R movie would have any negative effect on a 13 to 17 year old. With the internet these days and how popular things like Netflix have become kids of that age range are seeing those movies anyways, just not in the theater.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Jeeve's? Fetch me my bucket of popcorn we're going to the cinema!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Pretty much this. Personally I think we should get rid of the distinction between PG - 13 and R. I don't personally think anything you'd see in a R movie would have any negative effect on a 13 to 17 year old. With the internet these days and how popular things like Netflix have become kids of that age range are seeing those movies anyways, just not in the theater.
    Are you kidding me. Are you a parent? So you think that my 13 year old daughter should be able to go purchase a ticket to see 50 Shades of Grey? You have got to be bleeping kidding me! You are right that kids will always figure out a way to see what they want to see - I can remember sneaking into Animal House when I was a kid - but that does not mean that as adults we should condone, or even endorse, the behavior. Society needs to set parameters, as do parents, and while I admit that the ratings system itself is flawed, it's still the best thing we have. I would also argue that the distinction between PG-13 an R has already been blurred. There are many PG-13 movies that would have been rated R in years past. Just last year my then 12 year old had her English Teacher show Insidious 2 in class. Needless to say, I lost it on the principal!

To get back somewhat on topic here, the upcoming release of Deadpool will really have parents in a quandary. The release of a Red and Green trailer is their way of pulling the younger audience in. At the end of the Green trailer, Deadpool even encourages young ones to check out the more violent Red trailer on his website, with the caveat that they should check with their mothers first - as if! I too am anxious to see how this one goes. I would love to see both an R rated and a PG-13 rated version released at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Are you kidding me. Are you a parent? So you think that my 13 year old daughter should be able to go purchase a ticket to see 50 Shades of Grey? You have got to be bleeping kidding me! You are right that kids will always figure out a way to see what they want to see - I can remember sneaking into Animal House when I was a kid - but that does not mean that as adults we should condone, or even endorse, the behavior. Society needs to set parameters, as do parents, and while I admit that the ratings system itself is flawed, it's still the best thing we have. I would also argue that the distinction between PG-13 an R has already been blurred. There are many PG-13 movies that would have been rated R in years past. Just last year my then 12 year old had her English Teacher show Insidious 2 in class. Needless to say, I lost it on the principal!

To get back somewhat on topic here, the upcoming release of Deadpool will really have parents in a quandary. The release of a Red and Green trailer is their way of pulling the younger audience in. At the end of the Green trailer, Deadpool even encourages young ones to check out the more violent Red trailer on his website, with the caveat that they should check with their mothers first - as if! I too am anxious to see how this one goes. I would love to see both an R rated and a PG-13 rated version released at the same time.
    Well that was a little over the top. As to 50 Shades of Grey what's the difference between a 13 year old going to see that movie or walking into a book store and buying the book? Last I looked that book isn't age restricted in anyway, I don't even think there's really a system in place for that. As to the line already being blurred, that kinda goes into my point. The line is soo blurred why even have the line in the first place.

At the end of the day though the distinction between these ratings are to say that a 12 year old isn't mature enough yet to see a PG-13 movie or a 16 year old isn't mature enough to see a R rated movie. Age only tangentially determines someone's maturity level, so really it's all fairly arbitrary in the first place.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should look to adjust the ages, rather than the designations?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I would have equal disappointment if my daughter of 13 went and purchased 50 Shades (she could just take it off my wife's bookshelf), but the interesting thing is that the book would pose a whole new set of accessibility problems for her as she tried to figure out what all the bondage paraphernalia is all about. In film, however, things are much more visceral, and thing are presented much more clearly that one's adolescent imagination might create. Besides, let's face it, kids don't read - I know, I am an English teacher.

Merlin's point, and your's by extension are good ones. I submit the ratings system for England for debate/commentary.

U Universal, suitable for all.
    PG All ages admitted, but Parental Guidance is recommended. It is the board's policy that movies rated "PG" should not disturb a child of about 8 years of age or older; however, "parents are advised to consider whether the content may upset young or more sensitive children."
    12 No one under 12 years of age may see a "12" film or rent or buy a "12" video.
    15 No one under 15 years of age may see a "15" film or rent or buy a "15" video.
    18 Suitable only for adults. No one under 18 years of age may see an "18" film or rent or buy an "18" video.
    R18 To be supplied only in licensed sex shops to adults of not less than 18 years of age.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have equal disappointment if my daughter of 13 went and purchased 50 Shades (she could just take it off my wife's bookshelf), but the interesting thing is that the book would pose a whole new set of accessibility problems for her as she tried to figure out what all the bondage paraphernalia is all about. In film, however, things are much more visceral, and thing are presented much more clearly that one's adolescent imagination might create. Besides, let's face it, kids don't read - I know, I am an English teacher.

Merlin's point, and your's by extension are good ones. I submit the ratings system for England for debate/commentary.

PG All ages admitted, but Parental Guidance is recommended. It is the board's policy that movies rated "PG" should not disturb a child of about 8 years of age or older; however, "parents are advised to consider whether the content may upset young or more sensitive children."
    12 No one under 12 years of age may see a "12" film or rent or buy a "12" video.
    15 No one under 15 years of age may see a "15" film or rent or buy a "15" video.
    18 Suitable only for adults. No one under 18 years of age may see an "18" film or rent or buy an "18" video.
    R18 To be supplied only in licensed sex shops to adults of not less than 18 years of age.
    That seems like a valid change. Hey, I raised two kids as well so, I know what you mean. At the same time the current rating system seems out of touch. Something should be done IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That seems like a valid change. Hey, I raised two kids as well so, I know what you mean. At the same time the current rating system seems out of touch. Something should be done IMHO.
    I kind of like this English rating system. There is an interesting documentary called, "This Film is Not Yet Rated" that is a crazy eye opener to this crazy process. It's a fascinating piece for anyone who truly loves film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

I just don't think these things should be law or regulated. The age distinctions aren't really what matter here, it's maturity level. The only people that can determine the maturity level is the parent. Maybe it's different these days, but when I was 12 - 14 if I wanted to go see a movie my parents had to take me. Heck most of the time I had to get the money to go see that movie from my parents. I guess I just don't really believe in the whole "Nanny State" thing.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't think these things should be law or regulated. The age distinctions aren't really what matter here, it's maturity level. The only people that can determine the maturity level is the parent. Maybe it's different these days, but when I was 12 - 14 if I wanted to go see a movie my parents had to take me. Heck most of the time I had to get the money to go see that movie from my parents. I guess I just don't really believe in the whole "Nanny State" thing.
    I get what you are saying Dan, I do. It was much the same way when I was a kid. There were only 2-4 movies playing at the theater, and the tickets were taken at the theater doors. These days, with the size of movie complexes reaching 16+ theaters, the policing is non existent. While I don't want to live in a totalitarian society, I also don't want young ones to see whatever they want unchecked. Luckily, I have two morally strong daughters who understand the values we have instilled in them as parents, and have thus far trusted us to help them decide when it OK to see these things.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey has anyone seen the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast