Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not ending, joining up with the Avengers

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Now that could be cool. If they can get The X-Men and The Fantastic 4 linked in, it would epic.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am liking the trailer for Dark Phoenix.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Loving that trailer, although I've heard e-murmurs that Jessica Chastain's villain is a disappointment.

Tbh I've watched and enjoyed all the X-Men movies. Even Apocalypse. Even The Last Stand. Just love their powers and the dynamics between them.

Also I'll be highly surprised if the X-Men aren't referenced in some way, shape or form in Avengers. They already have the perfect avatar to introduce them with - Scarlet Witch is Magneto's daughter in the comics. I'm sure they could device some alternate-reality scenario for them to enter the fray.

My Mood
    Cool

I enjoyed Apcolypse as well. So Quick Silver is his son and Scarlet Witch is his daughter? I did not know that second part because I did not read the comics. I just don't want it to become so big that it becomes un-manageable.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Now that could be cool. If they can get The X-Men and The Fantastic 4 linked in, it would epic.
    They are going to add them to the MCU... eventually. But it will not be with these actors and it will have no ties to the Fox X-Men universe. (Except if they let Ryan Reynolds continue to be Deadpool.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t understand (from a marketing perspective) why Kinberg publicly confirmed the death of one of the major characters after the trailer release this morning. It’s already common knowledge this is the last Fox X-men film. Marvel and Disney are two peas in a pod in that they are all about their way or the highway approach..obviously none of them are returning

You already have the “this is the last time you’ll ever see them” selling point. Why - the freakin director no less - give away a major piece of the film??

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Apcolypse as well. So Quick Silver is his son and Scarlet Witch is his daughter? I did not know that second part because I did not read the comics. I just don't want it to become so big that it becomes un-manageable.
    Correct, both QS and SW are Magneto's children. They allude to it in Days of Future Past when Magneto's rampage is being televised and QS says "He bends metal? My mom knew something who could do that..." It's a little tongue in cheek.

Additionally, in the comics SW's psionic power is so great that she unintentionally births a timeline where Mutants have gone instinct. This is actually leads to a great storyline where Cable comes back through time to find the only mutant that has been born for 20 something years. Think of it as a X-Men meets Children of Men. Would be a cool arc to read if you're looking to get into the comics. (Look for X-Men Messiah: Complex)

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    They are going to add them to the MCU... eventually. But it will not be with these actors and it will have no ties to the Fox X-Men universe. (Except if they let Ryan Reynolds continue to be Deadpool.)
    Yeah, they'll probably look for younger actors with cheaper contracts who can carry the franchise for a several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I don’t understand (from a marketing perspective) why Kinberg publicly confirmed the death of one of the major characters after the trailer release this morning. It’s already common knowledge this is the last Fox X-men film. Marvel and Disney are two peas in a pod in that they are all about their way or the highway approach..obviously none of them are returning

You already have the “this is the last time you’ll ever see them” selling point. Why - the freakin director no less - give away a major piece of the film??
    I found that strange too. Unless the character in questions is not truly dead. You know there's plenty of ways to bring back a death from apparent demise. Especially in a universe where super powered individuals are able to bend time itself.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I got that little line in DOFP. I thought it was cool. But correct me if I am wrong. They have Quick Silver in the X-Men timeline series. But they also had him played by a different guy in the MCU universe, along with SW.
    Spoiler:
    In the MCU version, he died and there is only SW left but he did not die in the X-Men time line.
    How are they going to reconcile that?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yea, I got that little line in DOFP. I thought it was cool. But correct me if I am wrong. They have Quick Silver in the X-Men timeline series. But they also had him played by a different guy in the MCU universe, along with SW.
    Spoiler:
    In the MCU version, he died and there is only SW left but he did not die in the X-Men time line.
    How are they going to reconcile that?
    Great Q and I’m pretty sure you just convinced me that dark Phoenix will not end well for QS....reconciled

And I had the same thought as you fernandito regarding the trailer casualty we saw this morning. But man that would be such a cheap obvious move. Reminds me of how poorly received the whole Cumberbatch isn’t Khan and Chris Waltz isn’t Blofeld obvious fake outs went over with fans

Also - not a spoiler as I know jack squat - but is Chastain just going to be in Jean grey’s head? That was the vibe I got

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Also - not a spoiler as I know jack squat - but is Chastain just going to be in Jean grey’s head? That was the vibe I got
    I thought she was supposed to be Lilandra, an iconic character:

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you mae - I had no idea. The majority of my X-Men knowledge is from the movies, the kick ass 4 player arcade game, and the 90s cartoon. Only read a few Whedon and Grant Morrison arcs over the years

And thank you for commandeering my reading agenda for the evening - looks like I won’t be picking Our Kind of Traitor back up tonight bc I gotta read all about this iconic character instead

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad there's been no official word on who her character actually is:

https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-trailer-2-breakdown/
    Fox has remained mum about what character Jessica Chastain is playing in the film. Some speculation has suggested that she could be the alien Empress Liandra, who played a majr role in the original Dark Phoenix Saga from the comics or even Miss Sinister, a new version of one of the more iconic and dangerous X-villains, Mister Sinister. Another theory suggests the character may even be the cinematic introduction of Xavier's twisted evil sister, Cassandra Nova.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m so sorry I fuck up posting pics otherwise I would but did you see the poster yet? Obviously Sansa stark is front and center but adult Bev is like super small and completely obscured in darkness underneath Jean. That seems so weirdly deliberate to me (hence why I thought she might be a figment since she has her own little quadrant on the poster and so dark that you can’t really see her?)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know Chastain is suppose to be an alien instead of a mutant but I doubt that she is Lilandra. Lilandra would be trying to stop the Phoenix not egg it on like her character seems to be doing in the trailer. In the comic it was a mutant with the ability to control people's minds that tricked "Jean" into becoming the Dark Phoenix. It seems Chastain is an alien version of that character. We may yet see Lilandra and the Shi'ar (and maybe Chastain is an evil member of their race) but I doubt Chastain is her.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

IMDB just coyly lists her as 'Smith'.

Country
    Country Flag

The international trailer has dropped and what the hell Fox it is like 50x better than the USA trailer a few days back. Makes it look like such a more polished flick and frankly makes me want to see it quite a bit more than I did.

Here’s a link to the vid - I suck at embed - but I’m sure Mae will eventually post it proper bc Mae is the shit and I am not

https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/03/0...tional-trailer

(Contains zero clarification on Chastain)

Country
    Country Flag

Sure, here it is:

Country
    Country Flag

It’s moments like these where I wonder if Mae is a part of the X-Men. I would never call you a mutant but you clearly have a super power you’re trying to hide

Thanks for converting my tech ignorance into proper interface so quickly quicksilver

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be honored to be part of the X-Men. Alas...

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t be so pessimistic. It’s 2019 - only a matter of time before Xavier’s school for the Gifted accepts someone from New Jersey

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the thread title still applies technically, until the X-Men officially get rebooted as part of the MCU, in which case this thread will be put to rest. With that said:

https://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-rele...sney-calendar/
    It's official: The New Mutants will be be released by Disney this year as a part of Fox's X-Men film series. At Disney's presentation at this year's CinemaCon, the film was officially listed as one of the company's upcoming releases.

Despite having a scheduled release date of Aug. 2, The New Mutants has hit a few production-related snags as of late. Since Disney is currently preparing to take the reins on Fox's Marvel properties, speculation has been brewing that the film would not receive a theatrical release and would perhaps end up a direct-to-streaming title. Additionally, Disney has reportedly been indecisive in regards of what to do with the project as they prepare to integrate the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Furthermore, The New Mutants has long been rumored to be in need of reshoots that have not yet taken place. Recently, Maisie Williams admitted that she too has has no idea what's going on with the film.

Nevertheless, Disney's CinemaCon presentation suggests The New Mutants will, in fact, grace a screen near you. While it has not been made explicitly clear if it will be in a theatrical capacity, it seems as though fans don't have to worry about an outright cancellation, and that we'll be seeing the new generation of Fox's Marvel heroes one way or another.

The New Mutants stars Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) as Wolfsbane, Anya Taylor-Joy (Atlantis) as Magik, Charlie Heaton (Stranger Things) as Cannonball, Blu Hunt (The Originals) as Dani Moonstar and Henry Zaga (13 Reasons Why) as Sunspot. The film is scheduled to be released on Aug. 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast