+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox are closing in on a deal, and it could come as soon as next week, according to sources familiar with the matter.

CNBC has been reporting that Disney has held talks with the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media company to acquire its studio and television production assets, leaving Fox with its news and sports assets. Fox is also talking with CNBC parent company Comcast, but the talks with Disney have progressed more significantly.

The deal contemplates the sale of Fox's Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio.
    So my question is...with Disney buying Fox...are they gonna kill the R rating on some of their movies? You know, like Deadpool? Cause man, that was TOTALLY SUCK MY BALLS.
    I would highly doubt that, given how successful Logan and Deadpool were financially and critically. At least, I hope so.

Monopolies suck, though, so I hope this does not happen.

The Mad Titan fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive

Well we're in uncharted waters right now, so who knows. Disney probably won't kill the R-rating for solo Deadpool outings, but if he joins the Avengers orbit they'll tame his humor down considerably.

Interested to see where this goes, that's for sure.
    In time, you will know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right. Yet to fail all the same.
    Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Demon of the Prim DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light

My guess is that they'll either put those R rated movies out under a different umbrella (I think Disney owns Touchstone or something like that) or they'll just keep the 20th Century Fox brand around and use that for the Deadpools and the Logans.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae has much to be proud of mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If this goes through I certainly hope the Fox name stays since itís one of those original Hollywood studios.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Whoa, three X-Men movies in 2018!

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...dates-revealed
    The first is the long awaited New Mutants movie which will debut April 13, 2018, following by the highly anticipated Deadpool 2 on June 1, 2018, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix on November 2, 2018.
    Not anymore. They moved New Mutants back 10 months to make it more scary. Not a good sign. It is disappointing because I thought it had a chance to be really interesting and we were going to get a X-Men movie in April. Now we have to wait for Deadpool 2 (which moved up a couple weeks.)

Country
    Country Flag

Genius:

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE has a spectacular aura about RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So we went from three X-Men movies in 2018 to one. That sucks. I really hope they aren't screwing these movies up.

Demon of the Prim DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light DanHocker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    So we went from three X-Men movies in 2018 to one. That sucks. I really hope they aren't screwing these movies up.
    Dark Phoenix just sounds like it's the usual re-shoots that are delayed because the actors aren't available. New Mutants sounds like they might be screwing it up (in my opinion). Though I didn't really think that one looked any good in the first place, so who knows.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Since New Mutants is scheduled to release after Dark Phoenix does that mean they are just not going to release it at all? Does that also mean no X-Force?

Country
    Country Flag

If true, I think it just means movies with "X-Men" in the title.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Is no one excited for DP2? These ads are art!

Servant of Gan Joe315 is a jewel in the rough Joe315 is a jewel in the rough Joe315 is a jewel in the rough Joe315 is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Very excited for DP2. I try to avoid trailers now a days so as not to ruin any story elements.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick is a splendid one to behold Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

After the first Deadpool, I'm in no way excited for Deadpool 2. After X-Men Apocalypse, I'm not sure I'm excited for either of the X-Men films coming out either.

Dark Phoenix is said to feature Jean Grey as the central character, and I was not in the least impressed by Sophie Turner in Apocalypse. Maybe she's really talented and she didn't have room to show it, or her character was saddled with little to do in the film, but I have doubts she can anchor a film, especially when that same film contains proven acting commodities like Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence, and Hoult. I am excited that Chastain is playing the villain, but I was also excited that Oscar Isaac was playing Apocalypse, and that movie was disappointing in all respect...not terrible, but just barely average, which was disappointing after how much I enjoyed First Class and Days of Future Past.

I'm just dreading Disney getting their hands on the X-Men franchise...they're by far my favourite comic book films and a universe unto themselves. There have been a few misteps along the way, but the quality has been pretty consistent.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast