Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kingdom Hospital (2004)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Kingdom Hospital (2004)

Kingdom Hospital IMDB

Stephen King's take on the masterpiece series by Lars von Trier. The story takes place in a hospital in Lewiston, Maine, built on the site of a Civil War-era mill fire in which many children died. Comprised of 13 episodes which aired from March 3 - July 15 on ABC.

Based on Riget by Lars von Trier
    Developed by: Stephen King

Starring: Andrew McCarthy, Bruce Davison, Jack Coleman, Diane Ladd, Jodelle Micah Ferland, Ed Begley, Jr., Jamie Harrold, Sherry Miller, Allison Hossack, William Wise, Julian Richings

Last edited by Heather19; 06-05-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i love the dark tower references in this...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have the scripts in pdf or any format?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

This was on SciFi recently. They showed all the episodes back to back in one day - EXCEPT THE LAST ONE. I was home sick and anxious to see the final episode. Man. I was pissed, but I was also amused at SciFi's stupidity. The pentultimate episode clearly states at the end that there is only one episode left, join us to find out, etc... Soooo, whoever was programming was obviously an idiot.

I'm beginning to believe that I am not meant to see it. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up: When it was originally shown here, the final episode was interrupted by our extremely vain weatherman who was compelled to repeat the same information about a severe thunderstorm no less than 3 times. Seriously, just the same crap over and over and over for the last 5 - 7 minutes of the show. I was literally screaming at him to STFU and called the station to complain about him repeating himself. They must've said something to him because as he wrapped up, he made a point of saying that it was important to get the information out to people blah blah blah.

NOTE: I'm in the Florida panhandle. We weather HURRICANES. Just tell us a bad thunderstorm with severe lighting is coming and STFU.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if this is discussed anywhere, but this was based off a Danish (?) series from around 1994. I just watched it today. My friends were like "oh, we're gonna watch this weird miniseries" and about 30 seconds in I realized what it was.

I don't really know what to think of it yet, we only watched two episodes, but it's kind of interesting. Some parts are pretty lame though. After I watch it I'm going to rent Kingdom Hospital so I can make a comparison. I'm excited!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i love kingdom hospital, and i have the box set. so i am now going to re read and watch out for the dak tower references as i seem to have missed them? mmmm

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    This was on SciFi recently. They showed all the episodes back to back in one day - EXCEPT THE LAST ONE. I was home sick and anxious to see the final episode. Man. I was pissed, but I was also amused at SciFi's stupidity. The pentultimate episode clearly states at the end that there is only one episode left, join us to find out, etc... Soooo, whoever was programming was obviously an idiot.

I'm beginning to believe that I am not meant to see it. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up: When it was originally shown here, the final episode was interrupted by our extremely vain weatherman who was compelled to repeat the same information about a severe thunderstorm no less than 3 times. Seriously, just the same crap over and over and over for the last 5 - 7 minutes of the show. I was literally screaming at him to STFU and called the station to complain about him repeating himself. They must've said something to him because as he wrapped up, he made a point of saying that it was important to get the information out to people blah blah blah.

NOTE: I'm in the Florida panhandle. We weather HURRICANES. Just tell us a bad thunderstorm with severe lighting is coming and STFU.
    If you think that's bad, listen to this.

The Danish version, Riget, was originally supposed to be twelve episodes, three seasons of four. Unfortunately between season 2 and 3 at least one central character died, so Lars von Trier didn't make the third season.

Which basically left you with a huge fucking cliffhanger that will never be concluded.

I would be more mad about this but I know the show absolutely would not have worked without the actor who died.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

If you think that's bad, listen to this.

The Danish version, Riget, was originally supposed to be twelve episodes, three seasons of four. Unfortunately between season 2 and 3 at least one central character died, so Lars von Trier didn't make the third season.

Which basically left you with a huge fucking cliffhanger that will never be concluded.

I would be more mad about this but I know the show absolutely would not have worked without the actor who died.
    could be worse
    It could have ended with the main character
    Spoiler:
    demonically possessed by an entity named bob
    and just ending it there

I'll never get over my irritation with david lynch for THAT
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

Um, no idea what you're referencing (if it's Kingdom Hospital, forgive my total ignorance, haven't gotten to it yet) but yes, that would suck as well.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Um, no idea what you're referencing (if it's Kingdom Hospital, forgive my total ignorance, haven't gotten to it yet) but yes, that would suck as well.
    It was a twin peaks reference
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've watched Kingdom Hospital several times and have seen some general STEPHEN KING tie-ins, but nothing specific to the Dark Tower unless...

Spoiler:
    you consider the dream world Antubus lives a different level of the tower instead of just the dreamw orld it's supposed to be. Or Peter getting hit by the van, But I consider that a general King event that he worked into both pieces rather than a DT even shown in KH

As far as general King references...

Spoiler:
    Peter gets railed by the van and seriously messed up.
    The truck that finds him on the side of the road, and many vending machines in the hospital are Noz-O-La

That's about all I remember off the top of my head.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

+ Reply to Thread