Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Wayward Pines Trilogy

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Good pick. That's easily my next favorite book of his. Did you happen to start Pines yet?
    RUN is my second-favorite as well, behind the Pines trilogy. I've tried a few others of his, and none of have engaged me as well as these four.

I'm playing the waiting game with this one and hoping for a hardcover omnibus.
    I keep hoping some smart publisher will see the wisdom of a signed/limited HC omnibus of the Pines books...so far, not a whisper. But maybe someday. Maybe Cemetery Dance -- my first exposure to Crouch was a short-story he had in an issue of their magazine a while back...it led me to the first Pines book, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I am on book 2 and loving it. Glad I picked it up and thanks all for the recommendation.

Goldsboro Books is doing a "limited" of his new one: https://www.goldsborobooks.com/product/dark-matter/

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well into book three now (I started book one earlier this week). What a ride!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wow that's fast! They are addictive though aren't they I really wish he would write some more.

I might have asked this already but with more people reading the books, has anyone read any of the novellas by other authors that go along with it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I am on book 2 and loving it. Glad I picked it up and thanks all for the recommendation.

Goldsboro Books is doing a "limited" of his new one: https://www.goldsborobooks.com/product/dark-matter/
    Yep, picked that one up in pre-order a couple days ago...looking forward to it. For those who may be on the fence about it, the nice thing about Goldsboro is that they don't charge you cc until the book is ready to ship.

Wow that's fast! They are addictive though aren't they I really wish he would write some more.

I might have asked this already but with more people reading the books, has anyone read any of the novellas by other authors that go along with it?
    I read the F. Paul Wilson one, and it was pretty good (no surprise), but haven't bothered with the others.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

1. I agree. I wish he would write more. Of course, I still need to check out more of his stories. I really enjoyed his writing. I probably asked this before, but which of his other stories would you suggest the most?

2. I still never checked out the books by other authors. The thought of fan fiction always kinda turned me off.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I read the F. Paul Wilson one, and it was pretty good (no surprise), but haven't bothered with the others.
    I'll have to check this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

1. I agree. I wish he would write more. Of course, I still need to check out more of his stories. I really enjoyed his writing. I probably asked this before, but which of his other stories would you suggest the most?

2. I still never checked out the books by other authors. The thought of fan fiction always kinda turned me off.
    I would highly recommend both Run and Fully Loaded (his collection of short stories). Just don't listen to what Ricky says Did you read Draculas or was that your mom?

I read the Genesis series. Crazy thing is I don't remember much of anything about it, just that I wasn't too thrilled with it I saw that Robert Swartwood wrote one, so I might check that one out.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I would highly recommend both Run and Fully Loaded (his collection of short stories).
    I've never been a huge fan of short stories, but maybe I should check his out and give it a shot.

Just don't listen to what Ricky says
    Look, now you've got me wondering what Ricky said!

Did you read Draculas or was that your mom?
    My mom read it and didn't seem to be very impressed with it. But, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't that the one that involved multiple authors writing the book?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would highly recommend both Run and Fully Loaded (his collection of short stories). Just don't listen to what Ricky says
    Don't listen to what Heather said about not listening to me!

Ricky said that Run is not good. You gotta believe me, Amanda!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

Ricky said that Run is not good. You gotta believe me, Amanda!
    You sound like Jimmy on that episode of Seinfeld!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Ricky does.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yep, Draculas is the one that's written by 4 or 5 authors. I enjoyed it but not to the extent of some of his other books. And I thought it flowed well considering so many people wrote it. Also I'm not a huge fan of short stories either but he has some good ones. Really looking forward to reading his new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yes, Ricky does.

Ricky's getting upset!

Really looking forward to reading his new book.
    Dark Matter?! I just looked it up online and it sounds awesome!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if there is any plans for a S/L set of the Wayward Pines Trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any plans for a S/L set of the Wayward Pines Trilogy?
    None that I've heard rumors about, but I keep hoping some enterprising publisher will do a set or, perhaps better, an oversized omnibus.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I've been struggling to actually find and like new authors and books. I suffered through the last David Wong book, I hated Head full of Ghosts, I stopped reading S. bc I just thought it was dumb, I hated and stopped the Mr. Penumbra's 24 hour book store, which actually made me angry about how bad it was.
    Then I get the first Pines book and it's awesome! I am glad that there are new authors still writing books I will enjoy.

I look forward to the next 2 for sure.

Blake easily became one of my my favorite authors. And Pines is such a fun exciting read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4