Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Wayward Pines Trilogy

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Okay, I finally watched the first 2 episodes of the show. I liked it alright, but why the hell is the kid so much older?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fernando is sad that he cannot participate in discussion.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Why doesn't Fernando finish the series so that he can?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Okay, I finally watched the first 2 episodes of the show. I liked it alright, but why the hell is the kid so much older?
    I was wondering that as well. I hope it gets better, wasn't thrilled with last weeks episode too much.

And Feev, we're waiting for you...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first two episodes last night. I like it for the most part, but it seems...empty. I don't know. The books (especially the first) had so much suspense and action and questions, and I'm just not getting that from the show right now.

I can't decide if I would continue with it or like it as much if I hadn't read the books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree, the whole mystery wasn't there for me either. I feel like they're kinda forcing everything out in the open. Yes, I guess it's still a mystery as to why they're there, but just the little things like the crickets or the guy in the bar calling it in, leaves out the whole mystery of is there really something up in this town or not.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually watched live tonight. It seems like they're staying pretty close to the books, but changing things around to cut time (i.e.
    Spoiler:
    not having Ethan's run through the town, escaping the abbies in the valley, and finding his way into the mountain). I keep trying to figure out at which point the show will be finished with the "Pines" section and move onto "Wayward", and I keep going back and forth. On one hand, Beverly and Ethan running was pretty close to the end of the book (I thought), yet in the show Ethan hasn't learned the truth yet. So I don't know. Maybe they're going to go on an entirely new course?

I'm also surprised because I would've bet money that the abbies would be one of the things they cut from the show to make it more mainstream, but after tonight it looks like they're there!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the books but I did read a synopsis and it look interesting. I think I'll get the books.

Will it ruin the books if I watch the TV show?

I normally prefer the book to the TV show or movie.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Read the books, Brian. RIGHT NOW.
    Just forget there's a show until you finish the books.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll go get them tomorrow. It's my Books-A-Million day.

Just forget there's a show until you finish the books.
    Yes, I agree. The show is a bit different, and it'd be better to read the books first.

Ricky, I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't a fan of last nights ep, but I always hate when they change it from the story.
    Spoiler:
    I really loved the reveal of Theresa in the books, and also her time with Hassler. How are they now going to add that in with her being a new citizen as well. That seemed a bit like an unnecessary change. I think they're keeping him in the dark longer so that there's still some suspense in the show. Also excited to see a glimpse of an abby.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I need to get me a Books-A-Million day.

Country
    Country Flag

This!

I don't think it would necessarily ruin the books if you watched the TV series first, but the books have such well-crafted suspense that (so far) isn't as present in the TV series, that I think you might enjoy reading the books beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I really loved the reveal of Theresa in the books, and also her time with Hassler. How are they now going to add that in with her being a new citizen as well. That seemed a bit like an unnecessary change. I think they're keeping him in the dark longer so that there's still some suspense in the show. Also excited to see a glimpse of an abby.
    Spoiler:
    I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new Theresa storyline either. In this episode I thought they were going to reveal that, like the books, Theresa and Ben searching for Ethan was in the past, and they've actually been in WP for awhile now. I guess that's not the case now? Also, I didn't really like how Theresa was all, "think of it as a vacation!" when Ben wanted to leave the house. I was like, you just found your husband living in a house in Idaho, and you're okay with that?

(Also, should we have a separate thread for the TV series?)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

We probably should, that way we don't have to write everything in spoilers

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just make sure you mark Spoilers in the thread title.

Country
    Country Flag

I need to get me a Books-A-Million day.
    I recommend it.

They have a better selection than B&N including more signed books.

They also have a better discount section. I love the discount section.

Sadly, the Booksamillion near me is pretty lame.
    But, hey, being in the presence of books (even a poor selection) is better than none at all, right?

Country
    Country Flag

The BAM near me is in the newest, trendiest area. They have a great selection.

Sadly I had to go the other direction today and ended up at the B&N. They only had Pines. At least I can get started!

The BAM near me is in the newest, trendiest area. They have a great selection.

Sadly I had to go the other direction today and ended up at the B&N. They only had Pines. At least I can get started!
    The last time I was in BAM, they had a "Horror" section, and had The Dark Tower on it. I was just like "Really, you morons?" And it seems any time I go there to find a specific book, they never have it. But, sadly, we don't even have a B&N anymore, so I'm stuck with BAM. I've gotten used to just ordering most of my books online, to be honest.

And I'm so glad you got Pines, at least. Be sure to post your thoughts in here.

Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered the other two.

I am almost done with The Passage and have to finish that before Pines, but that will happen today or tomorrow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm heading over to ebay now. This better be good or I am going to blame so of the people here, and this I do not forgive!!! LOL

Edit: Got one on the way!!! Looking forward to this and "Finders Keepers"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I do not know if you guys are interested in, but VJ-Books still have signed copies for sale of the first SC/first print. They sell the books for just 19,99$. And they have a coupon at the moment to save 30% for the next 72 hours (no idea when started). The coupon worked for me.
    I do not know if its a good deal, but i found nothing cheaper online... Probably someone likes it! I did :-)))

EDIT: By the way... 4 left according to shopping cart super-Hack!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Torben! That is a good deal.

They also have other books of his. I bought 4 signed PB for $55 with free shipping.

That's very cool, and a good price too! I'm tempted to pick some up.

I hope you guys all enjoy the books. He's easily my new favorite author. What other books did you pick up Brian?

Country
    Country Flag

I got Pines, Wayward, The Last Town and Run.

I went on Goodreads and read summaries. Run seemed interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast