Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Mayweather Vs Pacquaio

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Mayweather Vs Pacquaio

Any other boxing fans in here??

This is the fight that every boxing fan has been dreaming of ... only it's 5 years overdue.

Still, I guess we should be happy that it's happening at all. The only way Pacquaio will win is by knockout, if it goes the 12 rounds Mayweather will win on points. Always does.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Manny has to knock him out to win. I can't see him winning a decision. I know a lot of folks are hoping for a draw so they would have to do it again. I really hope Manny gets it done.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Manny's only chance of winning this is through KO. At this stage though he doesn't have the killer instinct he once did.

I'm curious to see how Manny's Southpaw stance will clash with Floyd's naturally defensive left shoulder.. should be interesting.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The only boxing I like is in the movies.

Boxing as a sport is essentially dead in this country. The money these two are making on this fight is just ridiculous.

The price of the pay-per-view is also ridiculous. They will probably play pattycake for 6 rounds before they really start going at each other. I doubt anybody will get knocked out. I understand the significance of the fight to the sports world, but the fact of the matter is that in a week people will go back to not giving a shit about boxing again.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless people are biting off ears I don't care. This is ten times more entertaining than this match will be

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4y...ather-vs_sport
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They will probably play pattycake for 6 rounds before they really start going at each other.
    Mayweather perhaps, not Pacquaio. That's not how he fights. His gears are perpetually in overdrive, and he'll come out Fast & Furious for what is possibly the last fight of his life. He will bring the fight to Mayweather who will be forced to be aggressive.

I doubt anybody will get knocked out.
    Knocked out? Maybe not. Knocked down? High possibility. Both have double digit knock downs/outs.

I understand the significance of the fight to the sports world, but the fact of the matter is that in a week people will go back to not giving a shit about boxing again.
    For better or for worse, boxing will live on. The meteoric rise of UFC has driven home the fact that people still have a lust for combat sports.
    Boxing is just experiencing a drought of talent at the moment. Once some of these diamonds in the rough start reaching their potential, boxing will become mainstream again.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Boxing is just experiencing a drought of talent at the moment. Once some of these diamonds in the rough start reaching their potential, boxing will become mainstream again.
    I don't think it's that simple, there are a lot of issues that plague boxing outside of talent.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah but every sport experiences highly controversial activities outside of the field, or the ring in this case. Every sport. And they all march on, the machine is too big to break down.

The fact that people are willing to shell out record breaking dollars for this fight is a clear indication of interest. If the talent is there, people will pay.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Fight is a few years too late, but....

I think it will be a fun match!

Probably goes the distance and Mayweather wins by decision.

Friends and I have a reserved place in a big sportsbar so should be fun no matter what!

Curt

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny that no one pointed out that Pacquaio is about three years past his prime.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Funny that no one pointed out that Pacquaio is about three years past his prime.
    It was mentioned earlier that this fight should have been 5 years ago, that way Mayweather could have beat him then too.