Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What did Allie see? (19)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What did Allie see? (19)

Right before Roland guns Allie down during the massacre at Tull, she begs him to kill her because of what she saw after she asked MiB about 19.

What do you think she saw?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would venture to say it's not unlike the same vast information and timelessness that happened to that person in the Jaunt.

That aside, while i know the 2003 revised is now canon I still live by the original text in which Allie never said 19 and was gunned down by the Gunslinger in error.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read a couple of different theories throughout the years.

One was that Allie

Book 7 Spoilers!!

And the other was that she saw the CK's court and lost her sanity.

I really like the first one.

John F. Kennedy Ross will become famous soon enough

Was it in error? I read it last night and got the impression that he saw something in her eyes that told him the man in black had gotten to her and there was no other option other than to kill her. Sheb was running right behind her, partially blocking Roland's shot at him. Being such a good shot I assume he could have taken Sheb out and not killed Allie but because she was "possessed" or something like that, he had no choice.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

"Do you believe in an afterlife?" the gunslinger asked him as Brown dropped three ears of hot corn onto his plate.
    Brown nodded. "I think this is it."
    Unsettling enough already, isn't that?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Book 7 Spoilers!!
    Technically, she dies before
    Spoiler:
    Roland's re-entry moment
    so she may have avoided that in fact.

Raises some pointed Book 7 and series questions, though.
    Spoiler:
    Could she have lived? Would that have changed the story? Could that be the reason why he doesn't go back quite that far?

Bonus Paradox: If dying does mean that she never got stuck, and there never was a chance that she would live, was she told that something would happen which never happened? Would they even know in that case what that would have been?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

This thread makes me want to go back and read the revised version a second time.

+ Reply to Thread