Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
Interesting to see two sci-fi movies in the lead.
Interesting that you would note that, since I remember a lengthy debate about whether or not BTTF was a Sci-fi or not in the sci-fi movie competition. Seems like it was deemed not a sci-fi movie in that debate, now in the comedy competition, it seems its not a comedy. I guess it is just a movie. Maybe we should have put it in the horror genre.
I don't think he was saying that at all; nobody disputes that Spaceballs is a comedy. There was also a "no spoofs" rule introduced early in the sci-fi tourney, and I'm nearly positive that the foremost title everybody was thinking of that rule for was in fact Spaceballs precisely.

Anyroad, tho, I must say for my own part that the main genre of BTTF is Adventure. It uses elements of Comedy, Action, and Science Fiction, and therefore can also be classed technically among those respective genres, but it's not a great action film, really; it's not truly good science fiction; the comedy is not there for the sake of comedy. A work can do many things at once, but it is hard to do them all very well. In the end, BTTF is one of the greatest adventures ever. You think a bit, you laugh a little, yet it's the thrills that really stand out.