Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golden Years (1991)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Golden Years (1991)

Golden Years IMDB

Harlan Williams is a janitor at the Falco Plains research facility. After being caught up in an explosion caused by Dr Todhunter's experiments in time, he finds that he is growing younger, which causes a rift between himself and his wife Gina. He has more pressing matters, however, as they are both forced to go on the run with the facility's security chief Terry and the commanding officer General Crewes, chased by Jude Andrews, the ruthless head of shadowy government agency, The Shop.

Directed by: Allen Coulter, Kenneth Fink, Mitchell Galin, Stephen Tolkin, Michael Gornick
    Written by: Josef Anderson, Stephen King

Starring: Keith Szarabajka, Felicity Huffman, Frances Sternhagen

Last edited by Heather19; 06-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the american DVD is lasting 3h52, while the broadcasting was lasting 6h56 (with advertising perhaps???), and the french DVD is lasting 6h09...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    the american DVD is lasting 3h52, while the broadcasting was lasting 6h56 (with advertising perhaps???), and the french DVD is lasting 6h09...
    My DVD says 232 minutes (same as USA). I think your French one must be counting the DVD extras.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

there are NO DVD extras.

7 'volumes':
    1h33, 47min, 46min, 47min, 47min, 48min, 41min = 6h09
    (i've checked the duration of all the volumes)

I do remember that when the DVD first came out in France, i did complain to the editor as it was obvious that it wasnt finished (missing the last episode)
    they did take them all back and fixed it.

that's it kind of weird that 'cut' in the US/UK dvd... because at least the american dvd (i got it) have the same beginning and end..
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may be wrong, but wasn't the full length version released on videocassette here?

Country
    Country Flag

dunno, where are you from?
    what's the lenght of the tape?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The US, and I don't recall for sure, but I believe when it was first released on video there were two versions. I could be wrong though I suppose.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The 2 tape VHS version I have is 232 minutes long, just like the DVD. Not sure if there were two versions originally released, tho.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

apparently you americans got f*cked

(even though a shorter version is probably not too bad...lol)

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They've been rerunning all the episodes of this on the Chiller network lately.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeh i watched em. its wierd bc i watched all the episodes and i dont recall really wanting to stop watching them, but now a couple weeks later, i dont think i can recall that much from the series. i do remember that i hated the wife, she was irritating
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the episodes, the ending sucked, but hey, they did pull the plug on it early. I thought it was good.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i liked it...didnt love it by no means, but i liked it
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've still got the original episodes on a VHS tape from when I taped 'em off the television during their original airings. PRIZED FUCKING POSSESSION.

I recently rewatched them and wrote a post about it on my blog. Here's a link, for anyone who might be interested:

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...ht-review.html

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P. David Bowie

His song Golden Years was used as the theme song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Years_%28song%29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcKrr0s2yuY

+ Reply to Thread