Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    It's time to revive this thread. I know the excitement has been severely lacking these last two seasons - but I'm officially pumped for this rebuild and can't wait to see Vladdy in the batters box mashing his way through the AL pitchers.

Rogers knows it's going to be a whacky season, so I'm looking forward to cheap tickets, weird promotion events, and watching the first time big leaguers come out to prove they deserve to be there.

Anyone else excited?

I am. It was hard for me to be invested last year. As much of a Jays fan as I am, it's still a casual fanship. I probably only watch 40-50 games out of the season, especially if it goes downhill fairly early. But if we hit August and they're in it, I'll probably ended up watching half the season by the end of it. I usually go see a game near the start of the year and one near the end. I like to hang out at Ted's Porch out in centre field for the first few innings. It's a great vantage point.

But while I couldn't get invested in last season, I spend half of that season looking forward to this season!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's time to revive this thread. I know the excitement has been severely lacking these last two seasons - but I'm officially pumped for this rebuild and can't wait to see Vladdy in the batters box mashing his way through the AL pitchers.

Rogers knows it's going to be a whacky season, so I'm looking forward to cheap tickets, weird promotion events, and watching the first time big leaguers come out to prove they deserve to be there.

Anyone else excited?

I am. It was hard for me to be invested last year. As much of a Jays fan as I am, it's still a casual fanship. I probably only watch 40-50 games out of the season, especially if it goes downhill fairly early. But if we hit August and they're in it, I'll probably ended up watching half the season by the end of it. I usually go see a game near the start of the year and one near the end. I like to hang out at Ted's Porch out in centre field for the first few innings. It's a great vantage point.

But while I couldn't get invested in last season, I spend half of that season looking forward to this season!
    The story for the Jays is going to be when do they call Vlad Jr. up. Once his Super 2 date passes, he will be up and he makes the Jays instantly watchable.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's Babe Ruth. His father is one of my favorite players of all-time and I don't think Vlad Jr. will be as good of an overall player as his father, but the bat might be just as good, maybe better. That's saying something. People forget that early in Vlad's career he stole 40 bases and we all know about his arm.

Vlad Jr. is an absolute butcher at 3B. I've seen him in person. Yes, it's possible for him to get better, but he will have to show better effort first. He looked disinterested to me in the field. He lacks mobility and has a thick lower half. I see him as a first baseman, but in all honesty, he's a DH.

Either way, it should be a fun summer once he gets to Toronto. Also, Bichette Jr. isn't far away either.

PS: It's okay if I post here even though I'm not a Jays fan, right? I wasn't sure if this thread has rules like the other one.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely fine to post.

As for Vladdy being not as good as his father... I'm not so sure. He is after all THE number 1 prospect in all of the MLB. He doesn't have to be good at the hot corner, he just needs to be serviceable and he should be worth a somewhat obscene WAR.

I'm not drinking the koolaid, just listening to the scouts. They all seem to agree that he will be an all-star.

I'm excited for Bo Bichette (Boba Fett) to join him, and if we could pack the batters line up with a third or fourth menacing bat, it will be a joy to watch.

I'm pumped to see what the grapefruit league brings and how Vlad steps up with his defence. It's likely going to be a shit season as far as wins and losses go, but I imagine there will be some fun streaky shenanigans along the way, and a LOT of development from the young guns.

We shall see! Only a few days until Spring Training kicks off.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jays got the series easy this year! lol

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jays got the series easy this year! lol
    Hahahahahahaha. But, no.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely fine to post.

As for Vladdy being not as good as his father... I'm not so sure. He is after all THE number 1 prospect in all of the MLB. He doesn't have to be good at the hot corner, he just needs to be serviceable and he should be worth a somewhat obscene WAR.

I'm not drinking the koolaid, just listening to the scouts. They all seem to agree that he will be an all-star.

I'm excited for Bo Bichette (Boba Fett) to join him, and if we could pack the batters line up with a third or fourth menacing bat, it will be a joy to watch.

I'm pumped to see what the grapefruit league brings and how Vlad steps up with his defence. It's likely going to be a shit season as far as wins and losses go, but I imagine there will be some fun streaky shenanigans along the way, and a LOT of development from the young guns.

We shall see! Only a few days until Spring Training kicks off.
    I think he will be an All-Star too. Buuuut, his dad is a Hall of Famer. That's lofty expectations to put on anyone.

His dad was the #2 prospect in baseball one year. Right behind Andruw Jones, which I always thought was wrong. I felt that Vlad was the better prospect and he went on to have the better career.

Country
    Country Flag

The countdown is officially on, less than 24 hours to the Opening Day home game against the Tigers.

I'll be in attendance, very exciting times!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait. It's been a hard year for me a sports fan. Ottawa is the laughing stock of the NHL :'(

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at last night's game with the grand slam in the 8th. Almost took that one. Excited to see Vlad on Friday!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at last night's game with the grand slam in the 8th. Almost took that one. Excited to see Vlad on Friday!
    Me too. I mean about seeing Vlad, not about being at the game.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Me too. I mean about seeing Vlad, not about being at the game.

I was really excited that I might see his debut, but, alas...not so lucky. Was right out at the bar in center field during the Pillar tribute though. He got a good reception.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great series, sweeping the A's not just for the weekend, but for the entire season. Sogard is on the run of his career. Drury destroyed the Athletics this season...think he was like 13 for 25 against them. Guerrero Jr. looked totally fine in his debut series. That 11th inning today was hype. Hoping we can keep the good run going. We've been playing really good baseball for the past couple weeks.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been too sick and miserable this month and I've really fallout out with the Jays the past few weeks...but GO RAPTORS!!! NBA FINALS BITCHES!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Reviving a dead thread because the future looks bright for the Jays once again. With the addition of George Springer, Vlad's much improved physique, and some bolstered pitching (although, not enough) - I think we're in for a very fun season. Guys like Bo, Vlad, Cavan, and Lourdes are all set to have stellar (full) seasons, so the excitement is starting to build.

It's truly a shame that the powers that be have killed off proper radio coverage/play-by-play. Simulcast coverage is better than nothing, but it feels like a huge misstep in my opinion.

Here's hoping they can play a good portion of the year back in the Skydome - but that's entirely dependent on Covid, so... fingers crossed.

Anyone else following the Jays this year?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reviving a dead thread because the future looks bright for the Jays once again. With the addition of George Springer, Vlad's much improved physique, and some bolstered pitching (although, not enough) - I think we're in for a very fun season. Guys like Bo, Vlad, Cavan, and Lourdes are all set to have stellar (full) seasons, so the excitement is starting to build.

It's truly a shame that the powers that be have killed off proper radio coverage/play-by-play. Simulcast coverage is better than nothing, but it feels like a huge misstep in my opinion.

Here's hoping they can play a good portion of the year back in the Skydome - but that's entirely dependent on Covid, so... fingers crossed.

I like to check often to see how far behind the Yankees they are!!!! lol j/k

Best of luck to you guys and may the best team win!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been about really exciting off season with the additions of Springer and Simeon. Pitching isn't fantastic, but I've really think it's a good idea for them to see what they got and try to make a move for the deadline. If they can compete all season with what they have, they have the entire off season next year to try and snag some starters.

It's been a sad bit though in terms of audio. Not only is Wilner and the radio broadcasts gone, but Sid also left Tim and Sid and Brian Burke in President of the Penguins now. A lot of changes in the sports reporting world in Toronto.

I just hope Dunedin will be okay to play in and hopefully by the time July rolls around they can play in Toronto. Even if I can't go see a game (another summer without going), it will be nice to see the home field for the first time since those intrasquad games last June.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice young talented core of players. I don't think Biggio ends up being a major player for them. I think he will be exposed the more ABs he has against MLB pitching. They have Austin Martin on the way, so I could see him pushing Biggio. Should be interesting to see what Vlad does now that he's slimmed down. I kept telling people they were crazy to think he was going to be better than his dad and so far I'm right. That said, he should be better than he's shown so far.

When it comes to the pitching, they really need Pearson to become an ace.

Country
    Country Flag

Sharing a bit of pre season hype:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/statu...80745306402830

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgive me, but where are the "Toronto" Blue Jays playing there home games this season?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Forgive me, but where are the "Toronto" Blue Jays playing there home games this season?
    Inevitably, "The Toilet". lol lol

J/K the, Jays will be a formidable adversary in deed!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In Florida I think!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it looks like we'll be a merry traveling band this season. If we're lucky, they'll play in the dome at some point but otherwise, it will most likely be a combination of Florida and Buffalo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it looks like we'll be a merry traveling band this season. If we're lucky, they'll play in the dome at some point but otherwise, it will most likely be a combination of Florida and Buffalo.
    That really sucks for the, Jays. I know it can't be avoided, but still, no home field? That blows!!! I know how much, Yankee Stadium means to the Boys from Da Bronx. And the, Jays look like very tough competition for the division this year. It would be a shame for it to come down to the field, for sure.

Spoiler:
    Of course, Fuck it, I'll take it!!! LOL LOL Don't Canadians play Hockey? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The New Player Development Complex in Dunedin is incredibly impressive. I think it'll have a big long-term impact on the team's success.

https://youtu.be/wA8_sXKiIfY

Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a good way to start the season. Let's Gooooo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast