Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: NoahM

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really?!! WOW. Would you mind doing me a quick favor and PM me the contact info of the person you spoke with at USA?? Thanks so much!!

Gunslinger Apprentice NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM will become famous soon enough NoahM's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived today!! One of the few King short fiction originals I'm still missing, now checked off the want-list! Whoo-hoo!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!! Congratulations!

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

congrats! Not bad for a $1
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John!!!
    Stroppy - oh man, don't I wish!! The amount I paid for this is really obscene. I'm going to take a few deep breaths and not think about it.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoahM View Post
    Just arrived today!! One of the few King short fiction originals I'm still missing, now checked off the want-list! Whoo-hoo!!!
    Nice, and it looks to be in excellent condition as well!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Goheat - Thanks!! Yep, it's in perfect shape!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. And I find not thinking about what I paid for some items does actually help!

Country
    Country Flag

Zelig - thanks, man!! Yep, I'm sure when the Visa bill arrives this month, there will definitely be some vomiting going on. Until then, I'm dancing!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Stroppy - oh man, don't I wish!! The amount I paid for this is really obscene. I'm going to take a few deep breaths and not think about it.
    I think we all have at least one item in our collections that we feel the same way about!

John

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Boy, ain't that the truth, lol!
    Congrats NoahM!

Country
    Country Flag

John - Ahhhhh. . .were it just one!!!

Killjoy - Thanks!!!!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John!!!
    I would say that the condition justifies the cost of a pretty penny x obscene. Congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Racerx! I lucked out on the condition of this one. . .Honestly though - I would have spent just as much for a beat-up copy. . .I've only ever come across this once before, years ago, and at the time it was way beyond my budget.
    Well, now that this has been added to the collection, I only have 4 UMO-related items left to find!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Noah on such a rarity. Good luck on finding the final four you need!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jon!! Clamp this; clamp that; badda-climp, badda-clamp! It's Clamps!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I want that! Congrats I used to own most of the 'post-1967 pre-Carrie/college era stuff' except two of the four issues of Ubris, Marshroots and Maine, none of which I ever even saw for sale during my years of collecting, and although I'm not actively looking for those magazines anymore I really love seeing them pop up like this. Awesome!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, slightly offtopic: you have good taste in music

Country
    Country Flag

Michael - Thanks so much!! Regarding the UMO-era stuff: I'm only missing 4 pieces now, other than issues of Maine Campus, which I'm not including since copies of this will almost certainly never circulate. The 4 I'm still looking for are 2 of the 4 issues of Ubris, Marshroots, and Contraband #1.
    I've never seen any of these for sale, ever, but a number of people in this group own copies of both Marshroots and C1. No idea where they found them or how I missed them!
    Regarding Maine magazine - I've only ever seen one copy of this for sale, and I bought it! No idea how many people have copies of Maine mag or Maine Review. They're both much less common than Onan, Moth, Io, etc.

Oh, thanks!! If you're on Facebook - look me up under the name Noah Mitchell - you'll LOVE my metal t-shirt collection. I have over 1000 rock/metal t-shirts. You can also check out my collection on TShirtSlayer.com - my user name is "NoahM" \m/

Country
    Country Flag

I used to own Contraband #1 and the two Ubris issues that you are missing. Sold them to a member here.

Bob (carlosdetweiller) on this site owns the full run of Maine Campus mags (except the ones containing the Slade installments, I believe) and AFAIK he also owns just about anything else that King wrote. As a new member of this website, it's absolutely mandatory that you check his collection thread and basically every post he wrote. Bob, Sir_Boomme and EXPLORER even own items from King's high school days (as early as 1963). I think it's safe to say that most of the world's largest King collectors are members here.

Country
    Country Flag

Michael - OHHHHHHHH!!!! You sold Contraband 1 and the 2 Ubrises to someone else!! BALLS!! Where was I??

Regarding Maine Campus - the ones with Slade are the only ones I'd want, as I really don't collect non-fiction unless it's book-length. I have photocopies of all of the Garbage Truck issues.

That's really impressive - I will check out those guys' collections, although I'm sure it'll make me cry! High-school era stuff! Oh my god!
    People have the 2 Ubris issues I'm missing and Marshroots and C1 - where do they find them?? Oh - is there a place on this site where you can put your "want-list"? I'd love to put up my short want-list somewhere, and then if anyone wants to sell their Marshroots or Ubris issues, I won't miss out!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, there is a King Items Wanted thread (it may have dropped off the first page). You could also consider adding a short want list to your 'signature' so it will appear underneath your posts (like I do with my first name).

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh - yeah, I'd love to add my want-list underneath my posts. . . how do you do that? Sorry, I'm a computer idiot!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just add it as your signature. It's in the settings when you're logged in. Click Settings, then Edit Signature on the left.

Country
    Country Flag

Go to 'Settings' (top right of the screen) and then find 'Edit signature' in the column on the left. There is a limit to the number of characters but you should be able to add a short want-list.

*edit: Paul beat me to it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast