Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Haven Auction #42 Stephen King Signed Revival

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So some schmuck way overpaid for a book and now will have to wade through all our drivel looking for any posts of actual value - of which there are none. Poor bastard.
    Patrick, I like and respect you, but some of your posts here in an HF thread kinda befuddle me. If the gentleman overpaid, it was likely in the spirit of donating to the cause. In point of fact, what if it was, I, through filters that donated to the cause. Or, Jerome? What then? I once donated $5,000 to play in a foursome with "Yogi Berra" for a Juvenile Diabetes event. Afterwards, they had a "silent auction" and I bid and won a signed "Willis Reed" basketball. Did I overpay? You bet your ass, but it was for a good cause.

I think, in light of recent events, that we all need to take a step back and reflect, myself included.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You make excellent points, Bill. I neglected to mention that I know the buyer so it's all in good fun.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Knowing Patrick (I have never heard him say a mean thing about another person).....my assumption from his first post was that HE was the buyer.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You make excellent points, Bill. I neglected to mention that I know the buyer so it's all in good fun.
    Well, now I feel like an ass, but my intentions were good. I'll be happy to throw in an "extra" or two as well.

Edit: Damn, I should have known what was going on, but with all the other drama, I was distracted!!! WTG, Pats!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I've been flicking a lot of shit, I suppose I should mention how I actually see things. Here are my poorly worded (doing this on my phone late at night) reasons to pay overmarket:

1. It is for a worthwhile charity, so make a donation. Paying market price isn't truly donating, it's buying from a vendor you want to support. Both are cool, but they are not the same thing.

2. Support your friends' efforts to do a good thing. If Jerome or Explorer were going to run a race or do some other work for charity with a goal in mind, I'd donate with no expectation of any tangible return.

3. Donate even more in order to show your appreciation and support for some related extra effort they are putting in to meet their stated fundraising goal. For example, I tend to donate more if a friend is running a marathon vs a 10K. It recognizes the extra effort, helps motivate the people doing the charity work, and it adds to the fun and keeps the momentum moving forward.

4. Last, and most certainly least, the extra stuff you may get. For me personally, this is almost never a factor. I consider it a gift of appreciation and I accept it in that spirit.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I've been flicking a lot of shit, I suppose I should mention how I actually see things. Here are my poorly worded (doing this on my phone late at night) reasons to pay overmarket:

1. It is for a worthwhile charity, so make a donation. Paying market price isn't truly donation, it's buying from a vendor you want to support. Both are cool, but they are not the same thing.

2. Support your friends' efforts to do a good thing. If Jerome or Explorer were going to run a race or do some other work for charity with a goal in mind, I'd donate with no expectation of any tangible return.

3. Donate even more in order to show your appreciation and support for some related extra effort they are putting in to meet their stated fundraising goal. For example, I tend to donate more if a friend is running a marathon vs a 10K. It recognizes the extra effort, helps motivate the people doing the charity work, and it adds to the fun and keeps the momentum moving forward.

4. Last, and most certainly least, the extra stuff you may get. For me personally, this is almost never a factor. I consider it a gift of appreciation and I accept it in that spirit.
    Good points, all. Sorry I was too obtuse to see them initially. My bad.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not bad at all, Bill. Your comments came from a good place and were made with good intention.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a fun read this thread was this AM for me. I thought Patrick was being serious! hahaha Cool guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Was the buyer a current member on the site? RF mentioned throwing in something nice if a member won and the purchase price was over $250, and the purchase price was $250.01. And as Merlin mentioned, the auction says "100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to The Haven Foundation." so it's possible the winner didn't mind over paying since the proceeds were going to charity. (shrug)
    I can't disclose the winner.
    There probably was some "good will" associated with the winning price, but only the bidders can say for sure.
    Were the winner to be a member of the site, they likely found out about the auction from here, and will be anticipating something as a bonus.

I never let a buyer down.
    It's good to know privacy is taken seriously! Just for the record, was intended as a hypothetical question

Kudos to the winner for donating to a good cause, and I'm sure they're in for a treat. I've heard rumors RF tends to over deliver
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What a fun read this thread was this AM for me. I thought Patrick was being serious! hahaha Cool guys!
    I crack me up, so I'm glad to hear that someone was entertained besides myself.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^I had a good chuckle

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Knowing Patrick (I have never heard him say a mean thing about another person).....my assumption from his first post was that HE was the buyer.
    Smart man (and thank you).

Glad to hear it, Theli.

Now where's my damned package already, Jerome? Sheesh.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mailed today,
    Here's your schwag:

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's some nice swag, and the COA is from the future!!!!
    Wanted:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the COA.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Love the COA.
    Honestly my favorite part of the package! I like the signed photo too.
    Wanted:

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Love the COA.
    Honestly my favorite part of the package! I like the signed photo too.
    Who said COA's have no value?
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The sig placement is PRICELESS!!!

Dan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    The sig placement is PRICELESS!!!

Dan
    I did have to get back a bit at "Waldo".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I may, I would like one of those "COA's" for my, Austin, signed book, Jerome!!!! I'll even donate to the widget for it!!! $10 sound good????

Edit: In fact, maybe everyone that has a signed "Revival" should do the same????? $10 to the widget = a bonafide "COA"??????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is great. You should provide that COA for all of your auctions.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

That's a good idea, but I think that the fact that you can buy one for a $10 tax deductible donation is kinda "Poetic", no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's a good idea, but I think that the fact that you can buy one for a $10 tax deductible donation is kinda "Poetic", no?
    You can't "buy" my COA. It only comes with a legitimate item that I have personally examined.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You can't "buy" my COA. It only comes with a legitimate item that I have personally examined.
    LOL Okay, say I "vouch" for them? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, this is fucking awesome! I am dying! The photo and the COA are a collector's wet dream. Or maybe that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast