• Brazil (1985)

7 25.00%
  • Mister Roberts (1955)

7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group Q

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group Q

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

Meet the Feebles (1989)

Watch Trailer

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Watch Trailer

The Music Box (1932)

Watch Trailer

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

Watch Trailer

Withnail and I (1987)

Watch Trailer

See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)

Watch Trailer

Major League (1989)

Watch Trailer

In & Out (1997)

Watch Trailer

Brazil (1985)

Watch Trailer

Mister Roberts (1955)

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another Gilliam flick... I love it, it's funny, it's just not 100% comedy to me, this time it got a vote since I am not really a fan of most of the others here, except This Is Spinal Tap, of course, one of the most hilariously quotable films of all time!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Voting for Major League. Jake Taylor can tell you want is next on the list.

Watch Trailer
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with The Royal Tenenbaums, Withnail and I, See No Evil, Hear No Evil (one of my favorites, funny non-stop, and great fun performances from the four leads), and Brazil.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only two for me:

Withnail and I
    Major League

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I like this scene better.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What no love for Spinal Tap?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO VOTES FOR SPINAL TAP

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've actually never seen This Is Spinal Tap!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Catch it on Netflix (or elsewhere), it's one of the most clever comedies ever. It sits somewhere between spoof and satire, and its iconic status is on par with that of Airplane!

Fantastic comedy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Gotta love that trailer for Meet the Feebles

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see Tenenbaums doing well.

Voted: The Royal Tenenbaums, In and Out, Major League, Withnail & I
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

And it's a Peter Jackson flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Gotta love that trailer for Meet the Feebles

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    WTF!? I find that.... Incomprehensible!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Weakest bracket yet. Major League and See No Evil just to have made my mark, but could have just as easily skipped this one.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Another Gilliam flick... I love it, it's funny, it's just not 100% comedy to me, this time it got a vote since I am not really a fan of most of the others here, except This Is Spinal Tap, of course, one of the most hilariously quotable films of all time!
    You need to watch Withnail & I, my friend. One of the few films I can think of that's as quotable as the brilliant Spinal Tap. "I feel like a pig shat in my head!" Both easily get my vote.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spinal Tap is THE quotable comedy dude.

-
    Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like — I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
    Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump."
    -

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
    Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    Marty DiBergi: Why don't you make ten a little louder, make that the top number and make that a little louder?
    Nigel Tufnel: [pauses] These go to eleven.
    -

"There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And for all you ratings whores, Spinal Tap has a 95% on RT to sweeten the deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, the entire Stonehenge bit is just too much.

"I think the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage in danger of being crushed by a dwarf."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In other words, vote for Spinal Tap.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope I'm not being obtuse.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, lmk.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's good to see that This Is Spinal Tap is starting to pick up some votes!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast