• When Harry Met Sally... (1989)

9 33.33%
  • Bridesmaids (2011)

10 37.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group P

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group P

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And six here also: Some Like It Hot, The Terminal, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Used Cars, When Harry Met Sally, and Bridesmaids.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Bridesmaids in one of the few movies in this tourney that I actively dislike. The first time I watched it I spent the entire time waiting for it to get better. It never did. I even watched it a second time thinking maybe I missed something.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a few funny moments but I basically feel the same as you. If I remember correctly I enjoyed the credits more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Bridesmaids in one of the few movies in this tourney that I actively dislike. The first time I watched it I spent the entire time waiting for it to get better. It never did. I even watched it a second time thinking maybe I missed something.

Country
    Country Flag

The Terminal is such a great and funny movie. Tom Hanks is really good in it and it's directed by the great Spielberg. That trailer is really well done too, hope if some of you haven't seen it, you will before voting

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Terminal, Animal House (Obviously) and Zombieland.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite how fun Zombieland is (not a fan of the much lauded Animal House), if Evil Dead II is on the list, I can't rightly vote for it too.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Despite how fun Zombieland is (not a fan of the much lauded Animal House), if Evil Dead II is on the list, I can't rightly vote for it too.
    You can vote for up to 6 films.

Country
    Country Flag

Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness getting all these votes is confusing. They're not very funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    You can vote for up to 6 films.
    Right. You're essentially selecting the six titles you'd like to see move on to the next round. As I said in another poll, you're not just voting for certain movies, you'd be voting against even your favorites if you don't pick them. That doesn't mean you always have to vote for all six spots if there aren't six movies you like in the poll. But if there are, why not?

Round 2 will be much tougher in this respect, because we'll be halving our nominations. It'll be an eight-movie poll with four moving on. Difficult choices ensue.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    There are a few funny moments but I basically feel the same as you. If I remember correctly I enjoyed the credits more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I love Bridesmaids. I enjoyed the fact that we got to see women acting somewhat normal and not like the female template that you see in many comedies. It just worked for me seeing a woman's life spiral out of control and then put it back together.

Also, the scene with Maya Rudolph in the wedding dress in the street is just plain funny.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness getting all these votes is confusing. They're not very funny.
    You're kidding, right?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Even more AOD.

PPSA

Used Cars

Morgan's Creek

Country
    Country Flag

The Evil Dead franchise just doesn't appeal to me, sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Really sad to see The Terminal wiped out One of my favorite Spielberg films and one of my favorite Tom Hanks performances. Sigh.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought The Terminal was pretty average.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Poll is closing in 3 days.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Same here.
    Yeah, I'll third that. Good film, but nothing special.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

This is closing tomorrow, so please get your votes in!

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see Bridesmaids (a female-led comedy like The Heat, which didn't do so hot) doing well. I thought everybody hated recent comedies.

Bridesmaids is actually on a lot of Best Comedy Films of All Time lists, usually pretty high up with all the classics.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bridesmaids is better than The Hangover.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Evil Dead II (1987) 62.96%
    2. Animal House (1978) 59.26%
    3. Zombieland (2009) 51.85%
    4. Bridesmaids (2011) 37.04%
    5. Some Like It Hot (1959) 37.04%
    6. When Harry Met Sally... (1989) 33.33%

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) 22.22%
    2. The Terminal (2004) 18.52%
    3. Used Cars (1980) 18.52%
    4. The Miracle of Morgan's Creek (1944) 14.81%

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm worried Some Like It Hot only got 37 percent of the vote. It's such a great movie.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Me too. It's such a great movie, I thought for sure out of all the classic comedies nominated that one would go far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast