Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clue (1985)

15 53.57%
  • The Sunshine Boys (1975)

2 7.14%
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948 )

10 35.71%
  • I Love You, Man (2009)

4 14.29%
  • The Ref (1994)

7 25.00%
  • Election (1999)

4 14.29%
  • Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

6 21.43%
  • The Trouble with Harry (1955)

7 25.00%
  • The Nutty Professor (1996)

5 17.86%
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

21 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Path and T-Dogz going at it?

That's like watching HBK vs. Rick Flair.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Path and T-Dogz going at it?

That's like watching HBK vs. Rick Flair.

You know I was going to lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    You tell everybody to follow dumb rules, everybody picks dumb movies. That doesn't prove that they are really the best; it only proves that you are all being dumb.
    Do you understand this time, or do I have to use flash cards?
    Nope. You're gonna have to explain it to me. Please do enlighten me with your intellect.

With flash cards! LOL! LOL!

Yeah, if that's what you think I was saying, then you really do not have the comprehension to rate my time. Not everyone else takes internet polls seriously, dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I need to watch I Love You Man. I hate not being able to partake in the discussion lol.
    Yes, you do
    Pablo - I only voted for 4, can you add on a vote for ILYM as well? Thanks.
    I'm sorry they left out your vote because of me. We should be having a ILYM/Gremlins tiebreaker right now, but heaven forbid it be up to the community taking a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    ...Ebert's review..."... You feel good watching the movie. That's what comedies are for, right?"
    This is why I didn't especially want to do a comedy tourney at all. It's too broad of a category, with too many definitions and potential simultaneous directions.
    I Love You, Man is a fair feel good movie.
    Election is a hard behavioral satire.
    Gremlins 2 is not a good film, but, actually, not such a bad comedy.
    I think we should be judging comedies based not just on how much they make us laugh, but also how good the rest of it is. Some comedies may not be as funny as other, but have better performances and a story. The key, I think, is to vote for that middle ground. What is funny about the film? Is it the sight gags and the parody? The character relationships? The satire? The dialogue? The story? I think the best comedies excel in most of these kind questions.
    I for one am voting for whichever COMEDY made laugh most and loudest. If you wish to judge a film on the other stuff, stick to other genres.
    You don't have to think about the theory of humor to watch a funny movie. The guy who made that movie thought about it more than enough for the both of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4