• Twins (1988)

13 46.43%
  • Better Off Dead (1985)

6 21.43%
  • Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (1995)

12 42.86%
  • Police Academy (1984)

19 67.86%
  • Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)

14 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group K

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group K

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a nicely diverse group. My six are: Dr. Strangelove, Death to Smoochy, Mr. Hulot's Holiday, Twins, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Police Academy.

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty surprising seeing Police Academy in the lead early on. It was panned during the nomination process.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Strangelove, Smoochy, Army of Darkness, Twins, Police Academy, Dodgeball.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Death to Smoochy is a greatly underrated gem.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Death to Smoochy is a greatly underrated gem.
    I honestly didnt like it the first time I saw it, but was one of my best friend's favorites, and he made me watch it so many times that it began to grow on me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Pretty surprising seeing Police Academy in the lead early on. It was panned during the nomination process.
    I liked it well enough, I just thought a couple of the sequels were slightly better.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The funniest scene from all of the movies on this poll

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite PA was Citizens on Patrol with Bobcat.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Strangelove; of course. One of the all-time greats
    Army of Darkness. Well, not as good as Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn, but a vote for Bruce Campbell nonetheless.
    Twins
    Better Off Dead; I want my two dollars! Two dollars!
    Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. I preferred the first one, but Carrey just gives it all he's got, and I give him props for that.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Dr. Strangelove yet. Leave me alone.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Threw in some votes for Army of Darkness, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls and Dr. Strangelove.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You could all watch Police Academy again, but I'd be Better Off Dead.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Make this number one on your to-do list please

Country
    Country Flag

The classics are the classics but When Nature Calls is just so completely nuts and nonstop hilarious with Jim at his ultimate peak.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The classics are the classics but When Nature Calls is just so completely nuts and nonstop hilarious with Jim at his ultimate peak.
    You got it. Love Jim Carrey from that era, the first Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, and the aforementioned When Nature Calls, all classic comedies to me.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?
    Spoiler:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The funniest scene from all of the movies on this poll

That scene is great but the first time I saw this one I was literally ROFL:

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The rhino scene is great but what puts it over the top into classic territory is that family...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    My favorite PA was Citizens on Patrol with Bobcat.
    Like I said during nominations, the movies in this series all seem to blend together, especially since they all came out once a year.

Country
    Country Flag

The rhino scene on blu-ray looks fantastic

Country
    Country Flag

Surprised that Dodgeball is getting so many votes. Was hoping for more for Smoochy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dodgeball is a fantastic comedy. So, so quotable. I've seen it a gazillion times and quote it on a regular basis. Stiller's White Goodman is a hilarious antagonist. And besides, all those hilarious ball puns lol.

"Oh, so now he's a philosophizer."

"Here at Globo Gym, we understand that 'ugliness' and 'fatness' are genetic disorders, much like baldness, and necrophilia!"

"He's ball less! He doesn't have any balls, Cotton!"

"It's time to put your mouth where our balls are."

"Oh I'm not as dumb as you think I thought I was once."

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. I think there's good silly (Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls) and bad silly (Dodgeball).

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's good silly and bad silly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast