• Night on Earth (1991)

2 7.41%
  • Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

13 48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group G

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the first of the groups where I have used all six votes. A Fish Called Wanda is one of my all time favorite movies, as is My Cousin Vinny.

I aslo voted for Fletch (not Chevy Chase's best, but still very good), We're the Millers, Tootsie and Little Shop of Horrors.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Man, only four votes for We're the Millers? I was sure this would be a popular pick... I guess my comedy tastes are completely different that most people's
    No, I liked We're the Millers too. I just think some people haven't seen it. I also think people think it's too new to be held to the same standards as some of these other comedies.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll give Fletch and A Fish Called Wanda a nod, but I really need to see The Fearless Vampire Killers, love Polanski.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

When I look back on Fletch these days, my first thought is always

Spoiler:
    Ah, the movie that introduced identity theft.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see another vote for Night on Earth but looks like it's done

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Man, only four votes for We're the Millers? I was sure this would be a popular pick... I guess my comedy tastes are completely different that most people's
    No, I liked We're the Millers too. I just think some people haven't seen it. I also think people think it's too new to be held to the same standards as some of these other comedies.
    How can anyone not laugh at this now-classic scene:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a great scene with a great setup. I'd love to be that kid. Emma Roberts is adorable and Aniston is so beautiful.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

This poll is closing in two days, so please get your votes in. The first group of polls managed between 30 and 32 votes per poll, so keep voting, please! The more people vote, the more fair the process is!

Country
    Country Flag

Need more votes for We're the Millers to at least force a tiebreaker

Country
    Country Flag

Need a couple more votes for We're the Millers! All my favorites seem to be bowing out...

Country
    Country Flag

Top Secret over We're the Millers? For shame.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Top Secret over We're the Millers? For shame.
    It's probably a better comedy, but I think I'd have preferred We're the Millers just for the sake of variety. Of course, The Ladykillers or The Fearless Vampire Killers would have been even more preferable, but the world has moved on, it would seem.

Country
    Country Flag

Indeed. Night on Earth is better yet.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. A Fish Called Wanda (1988) 51.85%
    2. Fletch (1985) 48.15%
    3. Little Shop of Horrors (1986) 48.15%
    4. My Cousin Vinny (1992) 48.15%
    5. Tootsie (1982) 33.33%
    6. Top Secret! (1984) 33.33%

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. We're the Millers (2013) 25.93%
    2. The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967) 18.52%
    3. The Ladykillers (1955) 18.52%
    4. Night on Earth (1991) 7.41%

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Top Secret! Yes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2