Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Joe Abercrombie

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldsboro has Sharp Ends: Stories from the World of The First Law – Limited Edition by Joe Abercrombie

Signed by the Author
    UK First Edition, First Printing
    Limit to 350 copies

https://www.goldsborobooks.com/produ...mited-edition/

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Joe Abercrombie

Thanks !

Ordered
    First 100 175 gone - curious when they make 350

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for UK 1/1 of Heros & Best served cold
    let me know!

John F. Kennedy Bookfriend is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Thanks !

Ordered
    Ordered as well. That cover looks real pretty.
    Btw how can you tell how many are gone? I can´t find that info on the site.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bookfriend View Post
    Thanks !

Ordered
    Ordered as well. That cover looks real pretty.
    Btw how can you tell how many are gone? I can´t find that info on the site.
    Just try and buy 300 copies and it will tell you the number left (110)

Country
    Country Flag

exactly,
    as far as i remember all other runs where 250 - so they would have sold out the original size soon (109) left,
    curious what happens to the new added 100

Country
    Country Flag

Folks,
    quick question - what do you think Sig 1-3 authentic or not ?

Why i doubt ?

1) They look very sloppy, compared to all i have seen
    2) #2 has 3 dips, i never saw that before
    3) Seller sais, that #2 and #3 where signed at an event '11 - both differ to much for the same event to me
    4) and i have 2 sigs that where proven that event, from different sources, they look exactly the same and totally different to #2 and #3

so - your opinion ?
    1/2/3 bueno or no bueno ?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Folks,
    quick question - what do you think Sig 1-3 authentic or not ?

Why i doubt ?

1) They look very sloppy, compared to all i have seen
    2) #2 has 3 dips, i never saw that before
    3) Seller sais, that #2 and #3 where signed at an event '11 - both differ to much for the same event to me
    4) and i have 2 sigs that where proven that event, from different sources, they look exactly the same and totally different to #2 and #3

so - your opinion ?
    1/2/3 bueno or no bueno ?

My 3 sig, all from the same event last year...
    Joe Abercrombie - Kriegsklingen

Joe Abercrombie - Feuerklingen

Joe Abercrombie - Königsklingen

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks frank - that's how I know the sig. Nice btw! Did miss him (

Country
    Country Flag

But I don't have seen a lot , so I ask for help

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First its tough to make out anything in Joe's signature - except for the J, the A and what I presume is the final B in that second hump. I have over a dozen sig's and they are all pretty consistent - going back to the subpress limited's - so back a few years. Mostly all s/l and then a few fat signed books (like from the signed page) - so all authentic - and all consistent.

None have that third hump in #2, none of the J's look good in any of the three and there is no consistency in any of the A's - they all look bad. I would only buy those if they were my books and signed directly in front of me. None of them look good to me. Maybe they were all rushed?

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Joe Abercrombie

I have the same thoughts as what you said here. Also the fact that to Paul is written so perfectly aligned in all threes even though there should be five years in between. Maybe they were rushed, but the seller states that they where signed in front of him at the signing event - so why should this be rushed ?

But still I somebody doubt that they are fake
    Seller has Great Feedback - Tons of Great Feedback ... I am unsure on this

SomekindofStranger and Priest: Thanks for the tip with the remaining stock. That is good to know.
    Priest: If I had to guess, I would say the signatures are authentic. Abercrombie´s signature has changed a lot within the last ten years. Here are some pictures with signatures that look a lot like your picture 2 (with the three "waves") and your picture 3. And the timing is about right. And I think I remember that the signature in 2006 often had that same "J".

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I tried ordering from Goldsboro, and apparently I need a secure code on my MasterCard... So I attempted to sign up for it and it's telling me my CC info is wrong. What is the this secure code BS? I've never used it before and find this rather frustrating.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe thats usually a 3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card (by where you would sign your name).

I had the exact same problem. Paypal is so much easier.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    I believe thats usually a 3 or 4 digit code on the back of the card (by where you would sign your name).
    I don't believe that is it at all, that's what I had thought at first, but I tried putting that in to no avail. It's some sort of buyer protection code for online purchasing... but I can't sign up for some reason. And unfortunately Paypal is not an option for Goldsboro apparently.

That would be the "card security code". I think Theli meant the extra "Mastercard secure code" that you have to pick for yourself. It sure is annoying but an extra layer of security, since the store is not able to see it. Just click the "Forgot code button" and enter your birthday, card expirery date and the last 4 digits of your bank account connected to your card, not the last 4 on the card itself.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The MasterCard secure code came up for me too. I had set it up from some earlier purchase. It gave me the option to send the code to my phone - so it was a completely separate, random 6 digit code - I then typed that in to complete the purchase. But before I did this - it did give me the option to skip this step and just process the payment.

And thanks for the earlier posts on the signature - mine are all more recent - past 6 years - no triple humps on mine.

If they're reasonable prices for the books…

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

SubPress are now offering slipcases to the Shattered Sea series: http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...ition_slipcase

orders only open until Feb 12th.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    SubPress are now offering slipcases to the Shattered Sea series: http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...ition_slipcase

What should I do ????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

What should I do ????
    Q1 - Do you own these books? If yes, proceed to Q2. If no, don't buy.

Q2 - Do you want a nice slipcase to keep them in? If yes, proceed to Q3. If no, don't buy.

Q3 - Are you prepared to spend $75 on aforementioned nice slipcase? If yes, BUY! If no, don't buy

Hope this helps ;-)

Country
    Country Flag

Have I missed these for the other books ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

What should I do ????
    Q1 - Do you own these books? If yes, proceed to Q2. If no, don't buy.

Q2 - Do you want a nice slipcase to keep them in? If yes, proceed to Q3. If no, don't buy.

Q3 - Are you prepared to spend $75 on aforementioned nice slipcase? If yes, BUY! If no, don't buy

Hope this helps ;-)
    1. Yes !!
    2. Yes !!
    3. Yes ?? You convicted me ! It's logic and make sense !!

Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Have I missed these for the other books ?
    No - other books didn't have them individually - just a large one to house all 3 - guess bill wasn't sure of price point and adding an individual case woulda increased prices (I guess).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast