Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beetlejuice (1988 )

26 81.25%
  • Being John Malkovich (1999)

13 40.63%
  • Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004 )

18 56.25%
  • The Palm Beach Story (1942)

3 9.38%
  • Punch-Drunk Love (2002 )

2 6.25%
  • The Naked Gun (1988 )

21 65.63%
  • One, Two, Three (1961 )

4 12.50%
  • Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

14 43.75%
  • Back to School (1986 the )

11 34.38%
  • Safety Last! (1923)

5 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group D

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group D

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with six again, great group: Being John Malkovich, Anchorman, The Palm Beach Story, One, Two, Three, Back to School, and Safety Last! If anyone hasn't seen One, Two, Three, I implore you to seek it out before you vote. You have a week.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One, Two, Three is amazing! One sucky thing that happened because of it was James Cagney walking away from films for 20 years because he was so disgusted with his experience from making it though

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Being John Malkovich/Punch Drunk Love/Anchorman/The Naked Gun
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Men in Tights, really?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad to see not many here are Preston Sturges fans.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Sad to see not many here are Preston Sturges fans.
    Yeah, The Palm Beach Story and One, Two, Three are WAY better than Robin Hood: Men in Tights Not to mention Safety Last! which is an all-time classic.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Men in Tights, really?
    We seem to be on completely opposite ends of the spectrum regarding which comedy movies we like.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I like all kinds of comedy, including much of Mel Brooks and other spoof comedies like Naked Gun and Airplane. Men in Tights wasn't very good, I thought.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Men In Tights is fucking brilliant.

"And why should the people listen to you?
    Because, unlike other Robin Hoods... I can speak with an English accent."

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to love Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1 when I was younger. I recently saw it again and did not laugh nearly as much. Young Frankenstein has held up much better over time.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Men In Tights is fucking brilliant.
    You stole the words right from my lips.

Prince John: You mean you changed it TO Latrine
    Latrine: Yeah. Used to be Shithouse.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hey Blinkin!
    Did you just say Abe Lincoln?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Savin' some of the best for last. Voted in Beetlejuice, Being John Malkovich, The Naked Gun, Anchorman and Robin Hood Men in Tights.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Savin' some of the best for last. Voted in Beetlejuice, Being John Malkovich, The Naked Gun, Anchorman and Robin Hood Men in Tights.
    This guy.

This guy right here.

This is the guy.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Hey Blinkin!
    Did you just say Abe Lincoln?
    King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

Country
    Country Flag

This is bonkers!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam Kinison in Back To School -- Great teacher; he really seems to care. About what, I have no idea!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Oh, trust me, we have a ways to go, my friend.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only voted for one.

The Naked Gun. I would have voted for it 6 times if I could. Love it.

Men in Tights? Nah. Funny at times but not all that good.

I almost cast a vote for Back to School, but it, too, is uneven. A couple of really good scenes (Kinison, of course; and Burt Young) but not enough to swing a vote.

I'll put the Lloyd and Wilder films in my Netflix queue to watch at some point.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The best way to watch RH: MiT is back in time when Costner was a big hit. Still funny in spots, but not as enduringly relevant as some other Mel Brooks spoofs.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I used to love Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1 when I was younger. I recently saw it again and did not laugh nearly as much. Young Frankenstein has held up much better over time.
    Yes, but the Torquemada production will always be funny.

Country
    Country Flag

That's the problem with direct spoofs, they don't age as well.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:

LET'S NOT FORGET OUR ROOTS.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else surprised at all the Beetlejuice love?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast