+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One Of A Kind King Items...or Rarely If Ever Seen

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This Moth editins are freakting awesome...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

This is JK Potter's copy of the Deluxe Centipede Press Prospectus for The Shining. As David mentioned 4 of these were made! Now that Jared's copy & JK Potter's copy are in the DT.org community the only copies left are King's & his Lawyer's which will probably never make it into circulation. Cover of my copy, different than David's cover as it seems maybe 4 different covers were done?

Title page signed by Potter followed by alternate

Letter to King detailing the Deluxe edition & information on number of copies for each state
    17 Roman, 200 Limited & 600 Gift

Complete package I received pitch book, signed limitation page for CO Kid, 2 high quality prints from the book(1 on heavy photo stock & 1 on canvas both signed by Potter), Skeleton Crew signed print

Citizen of Gilead east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go Matt.........sweet.........

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Bruce-

I admit to owning another person's Tom Gordon.....I bought all other Wiater items from Ken Lopez bookseller as a package but could not bring myself to pay the $1250 for the Tom Gordon with bookplate which was the only item listed separately (why I do not fathom), so I left it there as I already had the Gordon from a partial party set already.

AND HE STILL HAS IT.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    This is JK Potter's copy of the Deluxe Centipede Press Prospectus for The Shining. As David mentioned 4 of these were made! Now that Jared's copy & JK Potter's copy are in the DT.org community the only copies left are King's & his Lawyer's which will probably never make it into circulation. Cover of my copy, different than David's cover as it seems maybe 4 different covers were done?
    wow... that is awesome... thank you for sharing
    I had no idea that there are different covers...

Wonderful...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice item Matt. Congratulations!

Gunslinger jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, you have some great items there! Congratulations!

John

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Matt.. That is a rarity for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears's Avatar

Letter to King detailing the Deluxe edition & information on number of copies for each state

Complete package I received pitch book, signed limitation page for CO Kid, 2 high quality prints from the book(1 on heavy photo stock & 1 on canvas both signed by Potter), Skeleton Crew signed print
    Very nice. What a shame it didn't receive approval. The professionalism of the proposal is outstanding.

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Very nice. What a shame it didn't receive approval. The professionalism of the proposal is outstanding.
    Does anyone know why this did not go through? I think it would have beaten the one we got...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Matt!!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt, no words! Awesome and thanks for sharing the info and pics!!!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Does anyone know why this did not go through? I think it would have beaten the one we got...
    King vetoed it
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! I never thought the day would come when I'd sell a couple 'Salem's S/L's & not use the money for more of the same title, I know that sounds weird maybe but my 'Salem's collection is my P&J. I'll share some more info from the prospectus when I have a little time, its been way to hectic here in Colorado!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Now that's badass, great effort to get that done. I'm impressed. Great piece.

Demon of the Prim Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears's Avatar

There are a few comments on the first page of this thread may answer your question.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Now that's badass, great effort to get that done. I'm impressed. Great piece.
    geez, thanks. It is my most prized art piece just cause of the story
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

John F. Kennedy Ockhamistic will become famous soon enough Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all. I'm a member; but I'm very private and a bit shy, so I often "lurk" (I hate that term-it reads like I'm up to no good) about on this site. Although I enjoy and appreciate thedarktower.org, I seldom post anything. However, after viewing this thread, I felt moved to make the following profound statement: WOW!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ockhamistic View Post
    Hello all. I'm a member; but I'm very private and a bit shy, so I often "lurk" (I hate that term-it reads like I'm up to no good) about on this site. Although I enjoy and appreciate thedarktower.org, I seldom post anything. However, after viewing this thread, I felt moved to make the following profound statement: WOW!
    Don't be shy! The more that post, the merrier, and the more we all gain!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Don't be shy! The more that post, the merrier, and the more we all gain!
    For sure! Feel free to jump in anytime! Welcome!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't ever be shy about being a "Lurker". Part of our membership requirement for Calvins Corner, you have to be deviant. Your lurking habit means you fit in very well. Welcome. Look forward to hearing more about your collection, likes, and dislikes.

Mulleins
    (Room 217 Caretaker)
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I am considering these next 3 items as on of a kind.....the first is Michael Whelan's updated Father Callahan image using me as his model (I posed in Michael's studio in April 2009). This image is used in Stephen King's website game "Discordia." Second image is me as Father Callahan, art done by Ned Dameron and third image is Father Callahan (me again) done by Glenn Chadbourne.

wondering if I could get Whelan to use me to model for pennywise.... I have the hair for it... at least if he catches me in the morning.

Honky Mahfah zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ockhamistic, I second what the others have said. I also "lurked" for a while in the early days but very soon became somewhat addicted to the site. Now posting new acquisitions and having discussions with other members is one of the highlights of my day! This is a phenomenal community. It's good to have you out of the shadows. Welcome!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I lurk in tons of threads (this one included) I don't have the knowledge of King works as many of the other folks here do, but love to learn and see all the cool goodies.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"Clothes of Brass, hair of brown
    Seldom need to breathe, don't need no wings to fly
    and a heart of stone and a fear of fire and water,
    Who am I?"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast