Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In order to avoid delaying the second round by another week due to the tiebreakers we're having for the last group of Round 1, I'll start Round 2 on schedule today, but the three groups that will be posted won't be A, B, and C, but A, B, and F. This is not a mistake. Since the seeding for all subsequent rounds after the first is determined by the percentages the movies earn in their polls (excluding tiebreakers), currently there are gaps in groups C, D, and E that will be filled in four days when the current tiebreakers close. It'll all even out in the end, not to worry, just wanted to clarify this for everyone.

The first post was updated with the schedule for the second round.

Also, here's the official 1 though 200 standings after Round 1:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My best friend managed a Blockbuster for about five years. Michael, would you be pleased to know how bad my friend ripped them off over the years?
    It warms my heart.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    In order to avoid delaying the second round by another week due to the tiebreakers we're having for the last group of Round 1, I'll start Round 2 on schedule today, but the three groups that will be posted won't be A, B, and C, but A, B, and F. This is not a mistake. Since the seeding for all subsequent rounds after the first is determined by the percentages the movies earn in their polls (excluding tiebreakers), currently there are gaps in groups C, D, and E that will be filled in four days when the current tiebreakers close. It'll all even out in the end, not to worry, just wanted to clarify this for everyone.

#comedygate

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So many great films eliminated. It makes me said :'(
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to know I'm not crazy, just spent a decent amount of time searching the board for groups C, D, and E

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I just realized that Up in Smoke or any other Cheech and Chong never got nominated. One of my all time favorite comedies.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

This Tom Hanks filmography has gone viral.

Some cool comedies. We had Big and The Terminal, both already eliminated. I think the best is The 'Burbs; too bad we didn't vote that one.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved the Burbs. I've thought of several movies i would have liked to see in this tourney. Groundhog Day comes to mind.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Groundhog Day is currently leading in Round 2 - Group L. Or is that just what you're saying?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Some cool comedies. We had Big and The Terminal, both already eliminated. I think the best is The 'Burbs; too bad we didn't vote that one.
    I'm very partial to Bachelor Party. Should've nominated that one. Lots of pure '80s fun.

P.S.: The last group of Round 2 polls just went up. Barring any tiebreakers, Round 3 should start next Monday, April 6.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very partial to Bachelor Party. Should've nominated that one. Lots of pure '80s fun.
    Really? Well then, why not Porky's?

Country
    Country Flag

I like Hanks in that. I like him in most things really.

Country
    Country Flag

The last of the Round 2 polls have closed but we still have one final tiebreaker to take care of. Because Round 3 seeding is done via a sum of the film's Round 1 and Round 2 percentages, we cannot start Round 3 right away like last time as the tiebreaker films are not placed side by side in the overall standings (Stripes is 44th with 97.35% and Dodgeball is 52nd with 89.29%). This means that the tiebreaker will close on Friday, and Round 3 will begin a week after today, next Monday.

Country
    Country Flag

So the tiebreaker poll has closed, Stripes moves on. The first two polls of Round 3 will be posted Monday morning!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So the tiebreaker poll has closed, Stripes moves on. The first two polls of Round 3 will be posted Monday morning!
    I have to wait three more days?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Some more funny 80's comedies that we forgot:

Country
    Country Flag

The last two groups of Round 3 have been posted

We'll be going into the Playoffs after this, four elimination rounds where you can have only one choice

Country
    Country Flag

So the third round is now over, the last two polls just closed. Now come the playoffs! Since I'll be mostly away for part of next week (road trip!), the next round will not be posted as usual on Monday and Wednesday, but no Friday. The first round of the playoffs, the so-called Octofinals, will be eight groups of three titles (you can vote for only one), with four polls going up this Friday, and the other four the following Monday. If all goes according to schedule, the Finals will start on June 1.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So the third round is now over, the last two polls just closed. Now come the playoffs! Since I'll be mostly away for part of next week (road trip!), the next round will not be posted as usual on Monday and Wednesday, but no Friday. The first round of the playoffs, the so-called Octofinals, will be eight groups of three titles (you can vote for only one), with four polls going up this Friday, and the other four the following Monday. If all goes according to schedule, the Finals will start on June 1.
    Should we take a poll on whether or not Pablo should be allowed to take a road trip?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok by me.

Just try not to end up going to Austin if you wanted Boston.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Should we take a poll on whether or not Pablo should be allowed to take a road trip?

Sure, and then it can lead to a debate over what really defines a road trip.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Ok by me.

Just try not to end up going to Austin if you wanted Boston.
    Yeah, that's what I said.
    Boston, Texas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast