Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

McGruber wasn't terrible. I at least got some laughs out of seeing all those WWE Wrestlers get blown up haha. The Ladies Man wasn't terrible either. Wayne's World is the only one that is good.
    I like The Ladies Man.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget ladies and gentlemen, we begin in four days, bright and early.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    A Night at the Roxbury is a cult classic.
    I must have joined a different cult.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the one that thinks Alien 3 is a masterpiece lmao.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great!!

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch the Assembly Cut in the Quadrilogy? The theatrical release is a shell of the movie lol

And I never said the word masterpiece haha. I said favourite lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, how did we nominate Bill & Ted for SciFi, but then overlook them here in comedy?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wrote a concept for Alien 4 and 5 in the 1990's and mailed it to myself. After hearing about the upcoming film I revised my idea. It completely ignores 3 & 4 and has Ripley, Newt and Hicks.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what SNL predicted before Aliens³ actually came out --

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    BTW, how did we nominate Bill & Ted for SciFi, but then overlook them here in comedy?
    A bad movie that shouldn't have been nominated then.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    A bad movie that shouldn't have been nominated then.
    It's a funny idea. Lots of teenagers believe that the universe revolves around them. If it was true, that might explain why life has always been messed up.

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Holy Flying Circus (2011) and really enjoyed it. Anyone else see it?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

and not one CARRY ON made the list.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I would've nominated the second one. But I haven't watched it in quite awhile and kept coming up with other comedies that I like. I could have probably filled the 200 slots myself.

I doubt it would've gotten very far anyway.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I nominated two comedies that didn't get any second, and I guess this is about the last chance to "tell people why you should check them out" myself.

The first, I figure that most just never heard of, because it is a riot. --

The other one was The Addams Family (1991) though, and you surely know about that, so wtf, guys?
    That was before every old tv show was remade into a movie.
    It possibly started the trend. Maybe that's why it got no love?
    Okay, but, still... Raul Julia, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd, Christina Ricci...

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

And these are a couple of off-the-wall 80s flicks that almost got into our tourney which you definitely should watch if you happen never to have:

+

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely some good picks, but again there's gotta be a cutoff limit. I nominated The Awful Truth which wasn't seconded and that's one of the best comedies of all time. I don't understand.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

OOPS

Country
    Country Flag

And we are finally underway. The first four groups have been posted.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Definitely some good picks, but again there's gotta be a cutoff limit. I nominated The Awful Truth which wasn't seconded and that's one of the best comedies of all time. I don't understand.

I would have seconded it if I had noticed at the time, some other good ones are My Man Godfrey (36), Topper, Nothing Sacred, Libeled Lady and I can really slap myself for not nominating The Thin Man

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I could've nominated a great deal of 1930s-40s comedies, that was a true golden age of comedy. Alas, nowadays I'm afraid it's not seen as funny...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yeah I could've nominated a great deal of 1930s-40s comedies, that was a true golden age of comedy. Alas, nowadays I'm afraid it's not seen as funny...
    I watched a few trailers of the older movies that were nominated plus the clips you posted above and didn't see anything that stuck my funny bone in them.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I watched a few trailers of the older movies that were nominated plus the clips you posted above and didn't see anything that stuck my funny bone in them.
    Trailers are rarely an indication of how good a movie is.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Trailers are rarely an indication of how good a movie is.
    Well, trailers for old movies can be especially hard to watch. Most of them are pretty laughable. As for new trailers, I have about a 95% success rate. Meaning I can watch the trailer and determine whether or not I'm going to like it or not. Every once in a while a film I thought looked awful turns out to be really good and a film I thought looked awesome I end up hating.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just wait until you see how silly the new trailers eventually look!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast