Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, another one. I love KoC, M*A*S*H, Punch Drunk Love... but not especially for their humor per se. And you sre right about Click, iwc, it becomes interesting, but I'll pass for now on that one too, myself.

Second Almost Famous

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When Harry Met Sally

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't expect Punch Drunk Love to be seconded, but that movie is dear to me lol. I couldn't not nominate it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sandler's funniest is The Wedding Singer

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That was good. But Waterboy never fails to make me laugh, especially Henry Wrinkler and Kathy Bates. It's dumb as hell yet it's smart in how to depicts fear's way of holding people back and how it affects human relationships and personalities in ridiculously over the top ways.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I Second The King of Comedy and I nominate The Wolf of Wall Street because I laughed my ass off all the way through it

Country
    Country Flag

Wolf seconded!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on my phone now so it's super hard to edit big posts. I'll update the first post with all the activity in the morning.

Also, nobody wants to second Just One of the Guys? One of the best cross-dressing comedies I feel.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clueless (1995)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm not a huge comedy fan, what I tend to find to be the funniest movies are ones that aren't actually meant to be funny. I'm a sucker for super cheesy bad films. Of course I can't nominate any of them since they're not really comedy and they wouldn't fair well in the competition anyways.
    Ok, that's it; on the record, I agree with earlier trending suggestion: Worst Movie of All Time should be our very next tourney!

The first Scary Movie was okay, I guess, but Lord, the sequels and spin offs... This Movie and That Movie and Movie 53, the incessant gutter humor we're awash in at this point.
    I tend to not watch bad movies on purpose so I'll sit this one out probably.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, seconding Harold & Kumar.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd Clueless

The Egg & I

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd The Egg & I
    The 1st MA & PA KETTLE film

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ali G Indahouse

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Ali G Indahouse
    You been seconded innit. LOL!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

May as well get one in before bed and it's all over when I awake.

I nominate:

Being John Malkovich

Country
    Country Flag

Seconded.

Nominating Fantastic Mr. Fox.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll second that. We need more Bill Murray in here. If no one has nominated more Bill Murray hope this is still going tomorrow lol

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nominating Four Lions.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Very much seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

The sequel is so much funnier than the original, as that was more a Horror movie...

Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nominate Home Alone
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The sequel is so much funnier than the original, as that was more a Horror movie...

Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)
    Seconded.

Nominate Ed Wood.

Country
    Country Flag

Home Alone and Ed Wood seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

THE LIST IN THE FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED. We're now at 171 confirmed entries and 27 un-seconded. Almost done. Please be fair and take a moment to carefully consider any you may wish to second.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast