Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Here it is, folks, our long-awaited third genre tournament. The horror and sci-fi tournaments were really fun, so it was decided to keep it going, and here we are.

This thread is for nominating the entries that will comprise our tournament and discussing them. The process is simple and has evolved a little over the last few tournaments we've held. A person can nominate as many titles as they want, as long as there have been five other nominations in between. Each nomination has to be seconded by someone else in order to make it onto the overall list, and anyone can second anything anytime.

Once 200 titles have been seconded, nominating and seconding is done and the tournament will begin. Here's the structure:
    • Round 1: 20 groups of 10 titles - top 6 move on
    • Round 2: 15 groups of 8 titles - top 4 move on
    • Round 3: 12 groups of 5 titles - top 2 move on
    • Octofinals: 8 groups of 3 titles - top 1 moves on
    • Quarterfinals: 4 groups of 2 titles - top 1 moves on
    • Semifinals: 2 groups of 2 titles - top 1 moves on
    • Finals: 1 group of 2 titles - top 1 is the winner

And here we go!

The complete list of nominees (seconded titles):

The complete list of nominees (titles not seconded):

Tournament Schedule

Round 3

Octofinals
    May 8
    May 11
    Quarterfinals
    May 18
    May 20
    Semifinals
    May 27
    Finals
    June 3
    Last edited by mae; 06-03-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb and dumber (original)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb and Dumber (1994) seconded.

To get this out of the way, nominating our eventual winner, Bringing Up Baby.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Monty Python's Life of Brian

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Airplane!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Monty Python's Life of Brian
    Seconded.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Airplane!
    Seconded!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Anchorman

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

To get this out of the way, nominating our eventual winner, Bringing Up Baby.
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Anchorman
    Only one at a time please. Which one?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Anchorman
    You can only nominate one film at a time.

You will need to wait until another 5 films have been nominated until you can nominate another.

I will second your nomination for Monty Python and the Holy Grail, though...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Modern Times (1936)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Modern Times (1936)
    Seconded.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Old School

Country
    Country Flag

One, Two, Three (1961)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Old School
    Seconded.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bruce Almighty
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    One, Two, Three (1961)
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Bruce Almighty
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Groundhog Day

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Animal House
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Groundhog Day
    Big second on that!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Animal House
    Seconded.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just going to say it now so I don't forget. Thank you, Pablo for hosting this tournament. It's a lot of work. Thanks to everybody else involved as well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast