Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Sixteen Candles.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I second Sixteen Candles.
    Already seconded.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are my 10.

Unfaithfully Yours (1948 )
    Take The Money And Run
    Silver Streak
    Modern Romance
    Mr. Mom
    Risky Business
    Night Shift
    Back To School
    Midnight Run
    Defending Your Life

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Billy Madison
    Waiting…
    The Toy
    School of Rock
    MST3K The Movie
    Not Another Teen Movie
    Clerks 2
    The Longest Yard (2005)
    The Replacements
    Super Troopers
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

YAY! MST3K The Movie got a second

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I nominate Shaun of the Dead.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is excellent and should get nominated. I can't think of 10 films at the moment, but I put in a vote for this one.
    And I'd like to second Mallrats

And here are some others I just thought of:
    Weird Science
    Elvira Mistress of the Dark
    Earth Girls are Easy

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I say we continue nominating the way we have been until now.

It ain't broke so why fix it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Already on the list.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Already nominated and seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to second The Terminal (2004) and nominate...

The Nutty Professor (1996)

... I think Eddie Murphy's remake was funnier!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Second The Nutty Professor.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is excellent and should get nominated. I can't think of 10 films at the moment, but I put in a vote for this one.
    So does that mean Dale and Tucker Vs. Evil has been seconded?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The Nutty Professor (1996)

... I think Eddie Murphy's remake was funnier!
    Funnier than Jerry Lewis? No way.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to second Brazil and no one nominated Anger Management which I mentioned before.

Top Ten:
    Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936)
    Adam’s Rib (1949)
    Little Big Man (1970)
    Fun with Dick and Jane (1977)
    Up in Smoke (1978 )
    The World According to Garp (1982)
    Real Men (1987)
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988 )
    Heathers (1988 )
    Death Becomes Her (1992)

Ten More:
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    Rude Awakening
    Strange Brew
    Beverly Hills Ninja
    Let's Go to Prison
    Death to Smoochy
    Monkeybone
    The 'Burbs
    Oscar
    Star Trek IV

More Mel Brooks:
    History of the World: Part I
    Silent Movie
    High Anxiety

Woody Allen for the comedy:
    Sleeper
    Bananas
    Hollywood Ending

Country
    Country Flag

This is getting messy now. Half of us are nominating as normal, the other half are making huge lists....

Country
    Country Flag

I think we would have to wait longer for people to each post a list of 10 films and then wait for ten to be thirded. IMHO, the previous way of waiting for 5 films before nominating was better. I also don't think moving the goal posts this late in the nominating process is right. Just my 2 cents worth though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I say we continue nominating the way we have been until now.

It ain't broke so why fix it.
    I think these comments are worth repeating.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Back to School (1986)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Bowfinger
    The Matador
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Mr. Mom
    Night Shift
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The Toy
    I could second any of these.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we would have to wait longer for people to each post a list of 10 films and then wait for ten to be thirded. IMHO, the previous way of waiting for 5 films before nominating was better. I also don't think moving the goal posts this late in the nominating process is right. Just my 2 cents worth though.
    And I also second that!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Black Dynamite
    Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    Rush Hour
    Billy Madison
    Midnight Run
    Horrible Bosses
    Pineapple Express
    In Bruges
    History of the World Part 1

EDIT: I'm not sure what we are doing at this point. Use my list to refresh memories of films that may have been forgotten. I won't be nominating anymore. I've done my part and am satisfied with what's been nominated so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I would second Weird Science (from Heather19's list) and Real Men (from pathoftheturtle's list), but they would have to be nominated according to our previous rules...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it's fine I put forward an official nomination (if we go back to that format) as I'll be busy for a bit, and with ten left I want to be able to get on more in.

This nomination is "as serious as an erection problem": The Matador
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know this isn't getting a second and shouldn't win any kind of prize but I already have at least six movies I nominated in and most of my favorites were already nominated before I started so here is a wasted nomination (and a run-on sentence):

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast