Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Patrick Rothfuss

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also picked up a nice remarqued Rothfuss book, The Slow Regard of Silent Things, which is also signed, lined and dated by Rothfuss. Maybe not quite as intricate, but I really like the simple style of this one.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have some early Rothfuss signatures in their collection? Looking at a copy of The Name of the Wind but I must admit the sig looks a bit suspicious...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Does anyone have some early Rothfuss signatures in their collection? Looking at a copy of The Name of the Wind but I must admit the sig looks a bit suspicious...
    all of mine were done live in last 2-3 years or on s/l books or other signed anthologies - still within past 3-4 years. probably a dozen or so

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Here's a photo of a first printing Name of the Wind, which was signed when the book was first released.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's my Princess book from 2010.

Last edited by becca69; 10-20-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Here's a photo of a first printing Name of the Wind, which was signed when the book was first released.
    This was exactly what I was looking for. The signature looks almost the exact same.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shawn @ Grim Oak Press is auctioning off an S/L copy of Unfettered:

http://grimoakpress.com/2016/02/26/a...ed-unfettered/

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A new addition:

The sticker's on the broadart, thank God!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet ! Congrats

Country
    Country Flag

That's nice! I want to add that dust jacket to my collection. I've got the Fabio cover

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! I like that cover too (probably more), and hope to add it to my collection as well, though I'll probably just get a regular 1st/1st and skip on getting another signed copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Got this a while back but forgot to add it to the thread. It's the "Proof" of Unfettered, though I find that term highly dubious considering the high volume of the print run. Still pretty cool. Clothbound instead of leather and now slipcase or limitation number, but still signed by all the crew and with the original art.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking about getting slipcases for NOWT and WMF. Does anyone here the dimensions for these two books.

Country
    Country Flag

Got this a while back but forgot to add it to the thread. It's the "Proof" of Unfettered, though I find that term highly dubious considering the high volume of the print run. Still pretty cool. Clothbound instead of leather and now slipcase or limitation number, but still signed by all the crew and with the original art.

Yeah, somehow Shawn sent out too many limitation pages to be signed and he didn't want to throw them away so he created these "proofs" and I believe the proceeds went to charity.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching Orange is the new Black. Season 4 Episode 8. They just mentioned Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear!!

Traveler Beeblebrox is on a distinguished road Beeblebrox's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi! I´m fairly new to this (actually this is my first post). Loved the kingkiller chronicles and just finished "The Lightning tree" novella in Rogues and started to remember how I long for "Doors of Stone". I´ve decided I want a first edition of the books (if the price is fair). Was hoping you people could help me with a couple of questions.

I see there are several covers to "The name of the wind" and I can´t figure out which one is the "real" first edition. On wiki it says that there are two possible hardcovers printed in 2007 by DAW books: one with the face of the green man and one with the figure of Kvothe. Also there is a later printing depicting a cloaked figure. Which one of these covers are considered "the real" first edition? I also have a noob question: "S/L", it means Signed/Limited right? :p And when on earth is Subterranean going to make a lavish edition of these books?? Can´t wait.

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Hi! I´m fairly new to this (actually this is my first post). Loved the kingkiller chronicles and just finished "The Lightning tree" novella in Rogues and started to remember how I long for "Doors of Stone". I´ve decided I want a first edition of the books (if the price is fair). Was hoping you people could help me with a couple of questions.

I see there are several covers to "The name of the wind" and I can´t figure out which one is the "real" first edition. On wiki it says that there are two possible hardcovers printed in 2007 by DAW books: one with the face of the green man and one with the figure of Kvothe. Also there is a later printing depicting a cloaked figure. Which one of these covers are considered "the real" first edition? I also have a noob question: "S/L", it means Signed/Limited right? :p And when on earth is Subterranean going to make a lavish edition of these books?? Can´t wait.
    Found this on Patrick's blog: http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2008...and-new-cover/

Country
    Country Flag

Breeblebrox, the first edition has either Kvothe (they call this one the Fabio cover) or the Stone/Green Man.

S/L is Signed Limited. SP is supposed to be publishing the S/Ls but nothing has been announced. I'm wondering if they are waiting for Pat to finish the final book?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah what Becca said. Neither cover is considered a true 1st as they were released simultaneously. As far as the actual cover art.. the Kvothe cover was created first and after they printed out dust just jackets they decided they didn't really like it so they enlarged the background image and touched it up and created the Green Man cover. In my opinion, the Kvothe cover is more desirable but I haven't seen a major price difference between the two covers.

Also can't wait for a S/L edition but I am also in the same boat as becca that they probably want something more concrete on day 3 before the issue that. I just hope I have a heads up as I know I'd love to have a shot at a lettered.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got done listening to Pat's twitch and he announced they will be doing a 10th anniversary edition with 20 or so illustrations. Hopefully this is released as a signed/limited.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Just got done listening to Pat's twitch and he announced they will be doing a 10th anniversary edition with 20 or so illustrations. Hopefully this is released as a signed/limited.
    Don't have (don't know) Twitch. Is there anywhere to hear, read or watch this? Or do you have some specifics?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you go. It was just an announcement. No dates given, no idea if it will be a S/L or even who will publish it. It's getting illustrated so that is good. I hope it's a SP s/l but who knows.

http://www.tor.com/2017/02/03/patric...book-3-update/

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Do any of you have special slipcases for your copies of Name of the Wind?

I was thinking of approaching Jeff to see if he could do slipcases for this. I am not much for design so I would need help with that, maybe Id see if Simon could help me with that.

Would anyone be interested in one of these slipcases if I move forward with this?

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of approaching Jeff to see if he could do slipcases for this. I am not much for design so I would need help with that, maybe Id see if Simon could help me with that.

Would anyone be interested in one of these slipcases if I move forward with this?
    I reached out to Jeff earlier this week. I just wanted to match the books fonts - authors name only I guess similar to George RR Martin cases
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

I reached out to Jeff earlier this week. I just wanted to match the books fonts - authors name only I guess similar to George RR Martin cases
    Would you be interested in anything more designed? Do you have the book dimensions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast