Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Patrick Rothfuss

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Do any of you have special slipcases for your copies of Name of the Wind?

I was thinking of approaching Jeff to see if he could do slipcases for this. I am not much for design so I would need help with that, maybe Id see if Simon could help me with that.

Would anyone be interested in one of these slipcases if I move forward with this?
    I reached out to Jeff earlier this week. I just wanted to match the books fonts - authors name only I guess similar to George RR Martin cases
    Would you be interested in anything more designed? Do you have the book dimensions?
    Great question. I think the design outside of just author's name would be cool - I have done a few projects with Jeff but unfortunatelly right now my time is limited. But if you have the resources then...it changes things. I do have measurements for the first two books ( and jeff has them already as well). Once I have the the first update - I will post here asap.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Do any of you have special slipcases for your copies of Name of the Wind?

I was thinking of approaching Jeff to see if he could do slipcases for this. I am not much for design so I would need help with that, maybe Id see if Simon could help me with that.

Would anyone be interested in one of these slipcases if I move forward with this?
    I reached out to Jeff earlier this week. I just wanted to match the books fonts - authors name only I guess similar to George RR Martin cases
    Would you be interested in anything more designed? Do you have the book dimensions?
    Great question. I think the design outside of just author's name would be cool - I have done a few projects with Jeff but unfortunatelly right now my time is limited. But if you have the resources then...it changes things. I do have measurements for the first two books ( and jeff has them already as well). Once I have the the first update - I will post here asap.
    Sounds good. Let me see what I can drum up

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Any chance these cases could incorporate some kind of lift/support for the book block? Is that even possible?
    My NotW is falling apart. I am planning on reglueing it but want future support for it and WMF.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Any chance these cases could incorporate some kind of lift/support for the book block? Is that even possible?
    My NotW is falling apart. I am planning on reglueing it but want future support for it and WMF.
    I think you would have to ask Jeff that. I know that the NOTW 1sts are notorious for poor production. Daw didn't really do much to make these books last. I've seen plenty that needed gluing and I even had a copy myself that needed to be glued.

I looked into what we would need to do to get some images and such on the slipcase but it is well beyond my expertise so I may just go with the generic author/title with what Jeff has.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a 1st/1st name of the wind signed with red hair cover, 2- 1st/1sts signed of wise mans fear and some Mr wiffle kids books. also a cool signed deck of NOTW cards. these books are amazing! of course i didnt read the copies i have, i read them on my tablet but wow, great reading!

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, gametime people.
    Let me know your thoughts on the font - you will be able to select your own color for the case ( and material) and type ( like chrome or silver or gold).
    If you like it, let me know how many people/ cases you would order so we can get a total for costs estimates. Jeff has measurements for the first two books.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, gametime people.
    Let me know your thoughts on the font - you will be able to select your own color for the case ( and material) and type ( like chrome or silver or gold).
    If you like it, let me know how many people/ cases you would order so we can get a total for costs estimates. Jeff has measurements for the first two books.

Don't forget to "kern" that space between the P and A before you finalize this!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Ok, gametime people.

Don't forget to "kern" that space between the P and A before you finalize this!!
    Great catch B! I wasn't event paying attention
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If we get enough people interested are we able to get the book titles added to the spine of the slipcase?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like the 10th year anniversary edition is going to be available in October. Here is an article with some of the illustrations. Sounds like they are going all out with this. 50 illustrations is nuts and awesome at the same time!!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-kingkille...tte-1795133970

John F. Kennedy Sulla has a spectacular aura about Sulla has a spectacular aura about

Becca, how do you know that Subterranean Press is supposed to be producing the S/L? Just wondering. I didn't read anything about it anywhere else. Does anyone know whether the S/L by Subterranean Press will be a variant of the 10th year anniversary edition, with more color plates (like they did with Knight of the Seven Kingdoms), or whether they will be producing a different illustrated edition?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://signedpage.com/product/the-na...igned-edition/

triple signed copies of the 10th anniversary edition of NOTW - now at signed page
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone ordered from them before? How is their packing, etc....?

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Their packing is excellent.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Ordered a copy with the nate Taylor remarque. Only 25 were available.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Ordered a copy with the nate Taylor remarque. Only 25 were available.
    are those sold out already?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered my copy shortly after the email was sent out - and never saw a link or info on a remarqued copy, nor do I see any info now - so maybe it had sold out? I think there's about 500 copies offered on the site - down to 393 at last look. When I ordered mine there were about 465 left - so if only 25 remarqued copies I could've narrowly missed the window.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Oh and Shawn packs really well - I second booknuts remark.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Citi.. if you want a remarque after you receive the book I can probably hook you up.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

sold out in less than an hour.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I ordered my copy shortly after the email was sent out - and never saw a link or info on a remarqued copy, nor do I see any info now - so maybe it had sold out? I think there's about 500 copies offered on the site - down to 393 at last look. When I ordered mine there were about 465 left - so if only 25 remarqued copies I could've narrowly missed the window.
    I never did receive the email

Thanks Chad for letting me know about them. Remember we ordered one from World Builders too.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Rothfuss first editions really are expensive.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

thanks for that head's up! I missed (well, never checked very well,) the World Builders one.

My only issue with the order page is the unsecured password . . . Oh well, just used a one-off password and I'll be fine. No financial info is stored on their servers it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    http://signedpage.com/product/the-na...igned-edition/

triple signed copies of the 10th anniversary edition of NOTW - now at signed page

Country
    Country Flag

New Donato remarque in The Name of the Wind. It's the scene with Kvothe, Deena and the Draccus.

Last edited by becca69; 05-02-2018 at 01:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast