Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Book Collection: MKB

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Default Book Collection: MKB

I've posted some of my items several times in various separate threads, but wanted to start bringing things together and documenting the collection in a single place.

Since some of you know me as one who sells books on eBay as a sideline--when I'm not traveling, and when the Markets are kind--I should start by saying that I see my own collecting, at least in part, as an investment: the collection that I had as a young man allowed me to pay the bills and buy groceries when my wife and I started our family; I hope that what I build now will help my young son get through college, or be part of the down payment on his first house. I love books, but I also love bookselling--I was in that industry for almost 25 years--and I don't think that will ever stop.

Be that as it may, here are a few things that passed through and stayed. I don't have any guiding principles, other than to buy what I love--for whatever reason that I love it--and try and be a good caretaker while the books are in my hands.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Since these are the King boards, and this the newest item in the collection, let's start here:

I had starting collecting the PS series, and hadn't decided whether or not to do the CD as well; something clicked one day and (luckily) I was able to get an order in for the Artist's Edition of CARRIE. I haven't received that one yet--that'll be my next post, as it should be here this week--but picked up a couple of copies of the Gift edition during one of the 50% sales and am very pleased with the book.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oooooh a new collection - i am very exited ;D
    (sorry for highjacking ;D)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great start! Would love to see shots of the book shelves.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! Look forward to seeing more of your collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

More pics, please!

John

Forgot that there was no mail today, and wanted to try and post regularly, so here's a recent addition:

I'd had one of these on consignment back when, and since had only managed to pick up the (black label) ARC. This was part of a red/black set that I bought on eBay earlier this month; the black is signed, but I already have a signed copy of that one, so back on the market it goes.

I still get a bit of extra thrill from collecting proofs, not sure why, and aside from King and a few other exceptions the market is so problematic that it's hard to justify most of them as anything other than an indulgence. A few years back I vowed to give them up, and stick with first editions only, but (obviously) that didn't last. I think Hill has the potential to stay the course, so tucking away a few choice examples.

Arrived today:

What a beautiful book, my poor photography skills notwithstanding. Have the next in the series coming as well.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks so good. Mine should be here in a couple days or so...

+ Reply to Thread