Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Only three episodes to go, so they really have to pick up the speed now and not use more time on slow character development and talk. Less Ida Silver and Janet what's-her-name and more Brady gearing up to do something bad with the good guys (including Holly) on his tail. And no more long scenes with Brady's mom, she's supposed to die and exit the story, as great as Kelly Lynch is. Jack Bender is somewhat right about the show (and book) being mostly about characters, but they overdo it. Let's get down to business and pave the way nicely for Finders Keepers next year (or thereabouts).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing is changing now.

It's all "in the can".

It is time to accelerate the action, and eliminate a character or two.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Nothing is changing now.

It's all "in the can".

It is time to accelerate the action, and eliminate a character or two.
    I agree
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Just saw the latest episode. Now we're talking. Not that I disliked Mary-Louise Parker (how can you dislike her?) but now the action has accelerated. Justine Lupe is so cute as Holly. I wasn't familiar with her before (Justine, that is ) but she's great.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Only three episodes to go, so they really have to pick up the speed now and not use more time on slow character development and talk. Less Ida Silver and Janet what's-her-name and more Brady gearing up to do something bad with the good guys (including Holly) on his tail. And no more long scenes with Brady's mom, she's supposed to die and exit the story, as great as Kelly Lynch is. Jack Bender is somewhat right about the show (and book) being mostly about characters, but they overdo it. Let's get down to business and pave the way nicely for Finders Keepers next year (or thereabouts).
    It had noticed a couple of episodes ago that it was moving really slow. I know which characters are going to die (obviously because I've read the book but they kept showing it in the upcoming previews as well) but they kept just hanging around. Should be interesting to see how they squeeze the rest of the story into only 3 episodes.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the scenes that play during the opening credits change every week?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote: Also, has anyone else noticed that the scenes that play during the opening credits change every week?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they also did that with the 11.22.63 series

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty hopeful the series will get picked up for a second season (and potentially third at the same time), so I wonder if they'll keep the name.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

After bringing Stephen King's creepy crime novel Mr. Mercedes to life on screen, the AT&T AUDIENCE Network will continue to adapt the Bill Hodges trilogy (which also includes the books Finders Keepers and End of Watch) with a 10-episode second season that will begin filming in Charleston, South Carolina (the same town where the new Halloween movie will be filmed) this February:

Press Release: EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Oct. 10, 2017 – Leading up to the highly anticipated season finale tomorrow, Oct. 11 at 8pm ET/PT, AUDIENCE Network is pleased to announce that it has picked up this year’s break out show, “Mr. Mercedes,” for a second season. Production for the 10 one-hour episodes is scheduled to begin in February of 2018 in Charleston, South Carolina with the premiere launching later in the year. The series is produced by Sonar Entertainment.

Returning for the second season will be television veterans David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Ally McBeal) to write the script and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome) as director. King, Kelley and Bender will also continue to serve as executive producers, along with Dennis Lehane, who will also write. The second season will be based on King’s best-selling Bill Hodges Trilogy, which includes, “Mr. Mercedes,” “Finders Keepers” and “End of Watch.”

“I’m excited and thrilled,” said Kelley. “Stephen King, Dennis Lehane, Jack Bender, Brendan Gleeson…this is a special team indeed.”

“Mr. Mercedes is Stephen King writing about the monsters inside his characters rather than outside,” said Bender. “We were extremely fortunate to attract an amazing cast, led by Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadaway, to bring these flawed, complex colorful characters to life. With Sonar and AT&T, along with great scripts and our talented team in Charleston, I am thrilled to keep telling this story.”

“We’re thrilled that the first installment of ‘Mr. Mercedes’ resonated with such a wide audience,” said Christopher Long, head of AT&T AUDIENCE Network. “David E. Kelley, Jack Bender, Dennis Lehane, and Sonar did a masterful job crafting a series that honored the original work by Stephen King. We’re excited to have the opportunity to create a second season with this incredible team.”

“AT&T AUDIENCE Network has been a great home for the series and we are thrilled to be moving forward with the entire creative team returning,” added Tom Lesinski, CEO, Sonar Entertainment. “We can’t wait to get back into production and deliver another outstanding season.”

Season 1 of “Mr. Mercedes” followed a demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Harry Treadaway) who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Brendan Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.

Stephen King describes “Mr. Mercedes” as his first hard-boiled detective tale. The novel was published by Scribner in June 2014 and became an immediate No. 1 New York Times Bestseller upon its release. Shortly after the release of the novel, King announced that “Mr. Mercedes” was the first of a projected trilogy. The second novel, “Finders Keepers,” was published by Scribner in June 2015, and the third novel, “End of Watch,” was published by Scribner in June 2016.

“Mr. Mercedes” season 1 episodes are available OnDemand on DIRECTV and U-verse platforms to DirecTV and U-verse customers. AT&T AUDIENCE Network is available on DIRECTV Ch. 239 or U-verse TV Ch. 1114 and via live streaming on the DIRECTV and U-verse apps and DIRECTV NOW.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure they can stretch 10 more entertaining hours out of MM. Maybe they will start to move towards FK, or simply skip FK in bulk, and move to EOW.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent news! I'm guessing they'll stick with the title.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I would guess that the do FK for season 2.

Lilja

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bender mentioned in an interview that a second season would adapt Finders Keepers.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have the link?
    Thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do you have the link?
    Thanks !
    Are you looking at doing the second and third book for this series?

BENDER: Yes. In success, which we hope we will have, DirecTV, Sonar and we all hope to do this for three seasons. And there are rumors that Stephen [King] is concocting something else. The second book is going to be a bit trickier. It’s brilliant, but Hodges doesn’t come in until half-way.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The second book is going to be a bit trickier. It’s brilliant, but Hodges doesn’t come in until half-way.
    I had the same thought. I enjoyed the book when I read it, but remember wondering how it fit with the first book when I first started it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The second book is going to be a bit trickier. It’s brilliant, but Hodges doesn’t come in until half-way.
    I had the same thought. I enjoyed the book when I read it, but remember wondering how it fit with the first book when I first started it.
    That and the fact that Brady is in a coma throughout.

Gunslinger Apprentice cowboy_ed will become famous soon enough cowboy_ed's Avatar

Yeah I found Finders Keepers to be a total misstep anyway so it's hard to imagine it being integrated into this show.

BUT - i thought the changes made to the source material were quite good, even improving SK's work in parts (dialogue especially), so I'm not too concerned.

This show as a whole was fantastic. Really liked it, even if I'm not sure I buy Gleeson as Hodges.

Country
    Country Flag

Two New Actors Come Aboard “Mr. Mercedes” for Season 2
    > http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3478...edes-season-2/

Still no news about a foreign release, nor a DVD/Bluray release for the first season. This is so odd...

Still no news about a foreign release, nor a DVD/Bluray release for the first season. This is so odd...
    The Canadian release was announced this week.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_ed View Post
    Yeah I found Finders Keepers to be a total misstep anyway so it's hard to imagine it being integrated into this show.
    For me Finders Keepers was the highlight of the trilogy. I think it only sticks out because King decided to bring back Brady with psychic powers in the third novel which IMO was a huge mistake (it would be like aliens arriving at the end of 'Blaze' or 'Rage' ending with Charlie turning into a vampire and flying away). I think it would have been better to have "Hodges solves another mystery" with the aftermath of the Mercedes attack being in the background.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. It's the volume I liked the most.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I think that it resonated the most with us, book collectors

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

The Canadian release was announced this week.
    I didnt see it? When is it for?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would surprise me if they release it on disc right before the 2nd season premier.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast