Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well a lot of that is because she's most likely autistic and lived a very sheltered life because of her parents when we first meet her so she didn't really have the chance to become a mature adult.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to a Dennis Lehane signing/reading tonight and asked him about Mr. Mercedes (he wrote four episodes), specifically things that might've been changed for the adaptation. He said the entire finale from the book has been re-worked, and it no longer takes place at the auditorium/Round Here concert. Instead, it takes place at a (lumber?) mill re-opening.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

That's kinda odd. I'm not a big fan of the novel, but the concert as the final set piece with Brady abusing the handicapped section was one of the things I liked. Not only does the concert tie in well with Jerome's family life, raising the stakes, but this would mean a pretty big re-working of End Of Watch as well if they get around to adapting it. Unless teenage girls are as enthusiastic about lumber mill re-openings.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What teenage girl isn't crazy about "wood"

Spoiler:
    I guess the mill would make sense because it's bringing new jobs to the area and the job fair was Brady's first target. Another large group of people gathered in one spot. Targeting mainly kids at the concert might not be TV friendly?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    That's kinda odd. I'm not a big fan of the novel, but the concert as the final set piece with Brady abusing the handicapped section was one of the things I liked. Not only does the concert tie in well with Jerome's family life, raising the stakes, but this would mean a pretty big re-working of End Of Watch as well if they get around to adapting it. Unless teenage girls are as enthusiastic about lumber mill re-openings.
    I have faith in Dennis Lehane. His track record with screenplays and novels is untouchable. Seriously, I can't think of any work of his that was less than stellar.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/H...of-mr-mercedes
    For all those aspiring showbiz stars hoping to get a little screen time, this week is your last chance to be an extra in the first season of Mr. Mercedes, the TV adaptation of the novel by Stephen King.

Producers are currently seeking extras for the season finale episode that will be filming in Charleston this Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, May 23-25. According to the casting call, males and females of all races, ages 18-80, are needed for the three days of filming to fill in as party guests, police officers, bartenders, servers, and more. All extras will be paid.

“Most extras will be needed all three dates. Only those 100 percent available all three dates should submit for this request,” reads the casting call. “Please be aware these dates may be all-night filming. This means call times each day could be in the afternoon and filming until the next morning on some dates.”

Premiering Aug. 9 exclusively on AT&T’s Audience network, Mr. Mercedes follows the game of cat and mouse between a deranged ice cream truck driver and a retired detective willing to do whatever it takes to bring the killer to justice.

Adapted for TV by writer/creator David E. Kelley — known for such works as HBO’s Big Little Lies, Boston Legal, The Practice, Chicago Hope, and Ally McBeal — Mr. Mercedes has already earned the approval of Stephen King. In between tweeting about the Boston Red Sox and voicing his displeasure over President Donald Trump, the prolific horror writer took to Twitter last month to endorse the series based on his work — and hint that he might make a brief appearance on the show.

All those interested in applying to be an extra on Mr. Mercedes are asked to email mrmercedesrequest@gmail.com with the subject line “GALA AVAIL.” Please include a current photograph of yourself, along with name, phone number, age, height, weight, clothing sizes, the city and state in which you reside, as well as your vehicle’s color, make, model, and year.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably for the best given what just happened today.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Probably for the best given what just happened today.
    Terrible. Those poor people. Completely utterly horrible.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I went to a Dennis Lehane signing/reading tonight and asked him about Mr. Mercedes (he wrote four episodes), specifically things that might've been changed for the adaptation. He said the entire finale from the book has been re-worked, and it no longer takes place at the auditorium/Round Here concert. Instead, it takes place at a (lumber?) mill re-opening.
    Odd timing, but with what happened into Manchester, I think that this scene would may had been modified at the last minute...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

That actually looks really good

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That actually looks really good
    Agreed. Excited about this one.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bookmark given out at the Book Expo in NYC.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Available only on DirecTV??? That sucks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    And ATT UVerse

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You should look into Directv in your area. They are very good about giving back to their customers even after, AT&T. Great Customer service!!! I've been with them since 1996.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They have a free 7 day trail service for the online/streaming portion, so I may look into that for August.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    They have a free 7 day trail service for the online/streaming portion, so I may look into that for August.

Yeah, and who ever heard of "Grandfathering" prices? I still pay a different rate for NFL/MLB packages. NOBODY does that anymore these days!!! And the referrals discount is great!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, been with DirecTV since 2003 or '04.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yeah, been with DirecTV since 2003 or '04.
    Gotcha by a few years!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You should look into Directv in your area. They are very good about giving back to their customers even after, AT&T. Great Customer service!!! I've been with them since 1996.
    I should've never left 'em Really liked their service.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark cloud around Mr Mercedes that I hadn't heard about Mr Mercedes Producer Killed
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Dark cloud around Mr Mercedes that I hadn't heard about Mr Mercedes Producer Killed
    Shot by his daughter right? Shot and left to die. Might be thinking of something else. Craziness.

WTB:

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I heard about this but didn't know the deceased was a producer of Mr Mercedes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast