Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She looks a little young for Holly, but I can see it working. So far the casting seems good!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Breda Wool will play Lou Linklatter. Lou works with Brady at the “Discount Electronix” store and is an outspoken young woman who is flippant with their boss, Frobisher, whom she teases when he gets into his lecture mode.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

whatthe heck is the AT&T Audience network? where will this show play?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's available only on DirecTV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audience_%28TV_network%29
    Audience is an American general entertainment television network that is owned by AT&T Inc. It features a mix of original and acquired series, specials, and feature films. The network operates as a commercial-free service and broadcasts its programming without editing for content. It was originally exclusive to DirecTV. However, after AT&T's acquisition of DirecTV it became available on AT&T U-verse.
    They do have some good original shows. I've recently been watching "You Me Her" and "Billy & Billie".

Also: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...n-mr-mercedes/
    Casting is set for AT&T Audience Network’s upcoming new drama series “Mr. Mercedes”.

Brendan Gleeson leads as Detective Bill Hodges, along with Harry Treadaway (Penny Dreadful) as Brady Hartsfield. Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight) is cast as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence (Avatar) as Detective Peter Dixon, Robert Stanton (Mercury Rising) as Anthony “Robi” Frobisher, and Ann Cusack (Nightcrawler) as Olivia Trelawney, with Mary Louise-Parker (Weeds) as Janey Patterson, and Holland Taylor (The Truman Show) as Ida Silver. They join previously announced Kelly Lynch (Deborah Hartsfield), Justine Lupe (Holly Gibney) and Breeda Wool (Lou Linklatter).

Based on Stephen King’s 2014 book, “Mr. Mercedes” follows demented killer Brady Hartsfield (Treadaway), who taunts a retired police detective Bill Hodges (Gleeson) with a series of lurid letters and emails, forcing the ex-cop to undertake a private, and potentially felonious, crusade to bring the killer to justice before he is able to strike again.

David E. Kelley is writing the adaptation, which is being produced by Sonar Entertainment. Jack Bender (Lost) is set to direct. Both executive produce along with Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey.

Production on the 10-episode series from Sonar Entertainment is underway in Charleston, SC, with the premiere slated for this fall, Deadline reports.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/H...-north-central
    After seeing crew signs and production trucks scattered around the upper peninsula the past few weeks, we ran across the filming of the Mr. Mercedes TV series on Sans Souci Street today in North Central. The show is based on the Stephen King detective novel trilogy.

The crew has been filming a few days at a time over the past few weeks, setting up shop downtown at a couple of different locales. Trucks and crews have been seen staging at the Charleston Rifle Club off Heriot Street.

The show was announced originally featuring Star Trek's Anton Yelchin before he was killed in a bizarre car accident. Replacing him is Harry Treadaway from Penny Dreadful. The cast also features Brendan Gleeson (Harry Potter), Scott Lawrence (Avatar), Jharrel Jerome (Moonlight), Ann Cusack (Nightcrawler), and Mary Louise-Parker (The West Wing).

Mr. Mercedes is set to stream next year on Uverse and on DirecTV's Audience Network.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.live5news.com/story/34469...ction-for-2017
    World renowned fiction writer Stephen King brings his Mr. Mercedes story to Charleston as crews are in the process of shooting a television adaptation of the detective trilogy.

Many people in Charleston have posted about production crews in the area over the last few weeks.

“I think people, for the most part, enjoy these productions,” said Linda Lee, President of the Carolina Film Alliance. “It brings money into the community, certainly the neighborhoods where they’re actually being filmed.”

Thursday Beau Schuling, the publicist for the production, said crews will be filming in the greater Charleston area through May.

The 10-episode series to air on AT&T and Direct TV’s Audience Network is about a “psychopathic killer who drives his Mercedes into a crowd” while a retired cop tries to bring him down, according to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB).

Schuling said filming is happening at sites all over area including Wagener Terrace/Hampton Park, Park Circle, the Cooper River Pier, and the International Longshoremen’s Association Hall on Morrison Drive.

One of the major production sites is in Goose Creek off of Red Bank Road.

“Literally overnight there was this set,” said Elle Roe, store manager at Mona’s Signature Wings.

The store now dubbed “Brain Buds” serves as the location where one of the characters in the series works.

Area businesses are already feeling the impacts from that production site.

“Yesterday they had a long day of shooting,” said Row. “So getting to feed the crew, getting to know them, learning what their jobs are, is just awesome.”

According to the South Carolina Film Commission website, in the last five years production companies spent more than $130 million in South Carolina. A majority of the expenditures took place in Charleston County.

In the 2015-2016 fiscal year, the state had its best year yet, handing out the full $15 million rebate to production companies as part of the incentives offered to produce films in the state.

“It was fantastic,” Lee said. “It shows those production companies spent a great deal in our state.”

“It shows me that Charleston is so up and coming,” Row said. “It speaks to where we’re moving as a city, and how much we’re growing, and how people are wanting to do business here.”

The CFA is working to improve the incentive program to allow more production companies to come to the state.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

YES!!!!! Directv Audience Channel!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Steve just tweeted that he'll be doing a cameo !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a big fan of the trilogy and hope the series does well. I could see King in several small parts. Money on him being in the jobs line in the beginning? Or maybe working at the kids concert.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

A few weeks ago on Lilja's Library, there was a photo of King at the set of Mr. Mercedes, being all bloody so my bet is that he's one of unlucky victims in the job line.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont remember him seemy bloody
    > http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=5435
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

It has been removed...probably because it wasn't supposed to be there and give King's cameo away. There was a picture of him, being all bloody

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt notice that one, thanks !

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am bummed that this is not tied to a pay service but an entire provider. I am not going to switch to AT&T or DirectTV and I think it's an unrealistic thing to expect from people. Subscribe to Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc.? Sure..it's a small monthly fee but there is no way I will switch phone or television providers for a show. Plus the only provider with less users than DirectTV is the Dish Network. I believe DirectTV has like 25% of the market. Just seems like an odd move. Not sure if I will see it or how but it won't be through the normal channel. Maybe it will stream on Netflix at some point.

Country
    Country Flag

I have DirecTV and the Audience network actually has some great original programming. I just recently got into their series Billy & Billie, and You Me Her. Highly recommend. And the channel is available via DirecTV Now, I believe, which is kinda like HBO Go or Netflix: https://www.directvnow.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DirectTV Now is closer to Sling TV than HBO GO or Netflix. It's $35 a month and intended to be a replacement for your TV provider not a supplement to it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am bummed that this is not tied to a pay service but an entire provider. I am not going to switch to AT&T or DirectTV and I think it's an unrealistic thing to expect from people. Subscribe to Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc.? Sure..it's a small monthly fee but there is no way I will switch phone or television providers for a show. Plus only the only provider with less users than DirectTV is the Dish Network. I DirectTV has like 25% of the market. Just seems like an odd move. Not sure if I will see it or how but it won't be through the normal channel. Maybe it will stream on Netflix at some point.
    100% agree with everything you said.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am bummed that this is not tied to a pay service but an entire provider. I am not going to switch to AT&T or DirectTV and I think it's an unrealistic thing to expect from people. Subscribe to Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc.? Sure..it's a small monthly fee but there is no way I will switch phone or television providers for a show. Plus only the only provider with less users than DirectTV is the Dish Network. I DirectTV has like 25% of the market. Just seems like an odd move. Not sure if I will see it or how but it won't be through the normal channel. Maybe it will stream on Netflix at some point.
    100% agree with everything you said.
    Hulu's 11.22.63 show was released on dvd after the show was done , so I got it from Netflix I am assuming this will be the same.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im hoping they don't cheese this one out. So much potential in a very popular tv genre. It was fun reading a crime thriller from King. If well done it could open up a new readership. I'm praying to the Miniseries gods that it doesn't feel like a miniseries. These days, the ones that feel like movies, ones that you're bummed when they end because you forgot it was a tv show, those are the good ones. The 'breaking bad' type of gritty overtone. Also, so much rides on Brady. Overacted sinister is the worst. The fact that they didn't cast James Franco in any way is a plus though. Fingers crossed on this one.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's very telling imo that they had no problem casting an older actor for Hodges but when it comes to Holly, who is 45 in the book, they cast someone who isn't even 30.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It's very telling imo that they had no problem casting an older actor for Hodges but when it comes to Holly, who is 45 in the book, they cast someone who isn't even 30.
    I actually had to go back and check that. Holly's character comes across as much younger. (IMHO)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast