Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    As others have suggested, it seems like Brady went into the mind of Lou before he died, so the third season will likely have zip to do with the second book, and be composed of mostly new material. For good or for worse. I liked this second season, more so than the first, so hopefully the third one will be solid
    I hadn't heard that theory before.

I just hope that if they continue on, it doesn't turn into another Under the Dome or The Mist where once they start straying away from the source material, they just completely fuck it up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    As others have suggested, it seems like Brady went into the mind of Lou before he died, so the third season will likely have zip to do with the second book, and be composed of mostly new material. For good or for worse. I liked this second season, more so than the first, so hopefully the third one will be solid
    I hadn't heard that theory before.

I just hope that if they continue on, it doesn't turn into another Under the Dome or The Mist where once they start straying away from the source material, they just completely fuck it up.
    I didn't quite catch the Brady into Lou bit, I had already theorized that they would do some reshaping and take on the 2nd book in the third season. I suppose they could figure a way to into, Hodge's et al easy enough and could even perhaps have Brady jump from Lou into the FK villains mind(?) (i forget his name at the moment.

I really enjoyed the series so far and yes, S2 was a little more entertaining than S1. The casting has been pretty good for the main characters if a little questionable on some of the lesser/guest stars casting. Writing and directing has been tight as well IMHO. I'll tune in for S# for sure.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2019/02/mr-merc...es-1202560443/
    Gabriel Ebert (Ricki and the Flash) and Rarmian Newton (Rise) are set as series regulars and Glynn Turman (How To Get Away With Murder) will recur on the upcoming third season of AT&T Audience Network’s critically praised drama series Mr. Mercedes, from Sonar Entertainment. Production on the Stephen King adaptation is underway in Charleston, South Carolina.

Season 2 took place a year after Brady Hartsfield’s (Harry Treadaway) thwarted attempt to perpetrate a second mass murder in the community of Bridgton, Ohio. Since the incident, Hartsfield had been hospitalized in a vegetative state. Retired Detective Bill Hodges (Brendan Gleeson) did his best to move on from his Brady obsession, teaming up with Holly Gibney (Justine Lupe) to open Finders Keepers, a private investigative agency. But when unexplainable occurrences began to affect hospital staff members attending to Brady, Hodges was haunted by the feeling that Brady was somehow responsible.

Ebert will play Morris Bellamy, intelligent, well-educated if not middle class, a volatile and charismatic wolf in sheep’s clothing. When he was younger he had ambitions of becoming a famous writer but ended up with a much less exciting life in Ohio.

Newton plays Peter Saubers, 16, smart and personable, he’s a junior in high school and on the college track. From a seemingly happy home, but that picturesque Midwestern life was derailed when his father was disabled during the Mr. Mercedes massacre.

Turman recurs as Judge Bernard Raines, the no-nonsense judge presiding over Lou Linklatter’s murder trial, he suffers no fools and takes no prisoners. He is none too pleased with the lawyers working on this case who seem hell bent for trial.

David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Ally McBeal) returns for Season 3 to oversee the writer’s room and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome) to direct. In addition to King, Kelley and Bender, Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill Entertainment, Tom Lesinski and Jenna Santoianni of Sonar Entertainment, and Shane Elrod and Kate Regan of AT&T Audience Network will continue to serve as executive producers.

Ebert appeared in recent guest-starring roles on Instinct and The Blacklist and in features Ricki and the Flash, and upcoming The Devil All The Time. He’s repped by UTA.

Newton was one of the leads in NBC’s Rise and recently recurred on Tell Me A Story at CBS All Access. He’ll next be seen in a recurring role on AMC horror drama series NOSA42. He is repped by Gersh, Active Artists Management, Atlas Artists and Felker Toczek Suddleson Abramson.

Turman can currently be seen on How To Get Away With Murder and in upcoming roles on The Red Line for CBS and in the Netflix feature Sextuplets as well as alongside Ben Affleck in the Warner Bros. film The Has Been for director Gavin O’Connor. Turman is repped by The Rosenzweig Group and SMS Talent.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Sounds like this season will be mostly following the second book then?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Sounds like this season will be mostly following the second book then?
    Pretty much, along with some new material relating to the after-effects of S2

I guess that makes sense logically. The story seems to flow a little better putting the 2nd book last. I remember reading it and thinking it was out of place for the trilogy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that makes sense logically. The story seems to flow a little better putting the 2nd book last. I remember reading it and thinking it was out of place for the trilogy.
    I thought the same. More stand alone.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/tv-...-3-1203168032/
    “Mr. Mercedes” has added three recurring guest stars to the upcoming third season on AT&T Audience Network. Kate Mulgrew will play Alma Lane, a lifelong resident of Bridgton, Ohio; Brett Gelman is Roland Finklestein,a passionate defense attorney Lou Linklatter (Breeda Wool) in her murder trial; and Natalie Paul will play Sarah Pace, a prosecutor on Lou’s case. The series is based on author Stephen King’s Bill Hodges trilogy, and the third season will closely follow the second book “Finders Keepers,” exploring the fallout from Brady Hartsfield’s (Harry Treadaway) massacre.

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This looks to be better than season 2.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen a listing like this on Amazon before.
    To order Season 2, the seller??? wants you to contact them by email. Very strange and it's the only listing.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Mercedes-S...vies-tv&sr=1-7
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think that it has been released on DVD yet. Therefore it's someone trying to sell homemade DVDs from online recordings
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think season 2 was all that great. I did like the ending however.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks VERY promising.

Country
    Country Flag

Possibly the best season.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My review of the new season (I've seen the first four episodes but I don't give away anything that isn't alluded to in the trailer) will go up at CD Online/News from the Dead Zone tomorrow morning.

The new cast members are terrific, especially the guy who plays the Judge and Kate Mulgrew. Bruce Dern, of course, is curmudgeonly excellent.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    My review of the new season (I've seen the first four episodes but I don't give away anything that isn't alluded to in the trailer) will go up at CD Online/News from the Dead Zone tomorrow morning.

The new cast members are terrific, especially the guy who plays the Judge and Kate Mulgrew. Bruce Dern, of course, is curmudgeonly excellent.
    Cool beans, Bev!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched episode 1 and enjoyed it, but a minor thing or two were annoying.

The Father who had a prosthesis right leg used his cane on the wrong side. Minor deal, but annoying.

Spoiler:
    When the thief used a battery powered drill to make a hole large enough to presumably remove the bullet slug from the appliance repairman's head, it isn't anywhere as easy as shown to drill a hole in the human skull.

I loved Bruce Dern as the reclusive writer. Spot on casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I loved Bruce Dern as the reclusive writer. Spot on casting.
    The good thing is that he'll keep showing up on occasion, at least in the first several episodes. Kate Mulgrew is terrific, too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is this following Finders Keepers at all?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Is this following Finders Keepers at all?
    Yes, with some compression of the timeline and extra involved characters. Plus there's a subplot involving Lou (Freddi in the novel), on trial for what she did at the end of Season 2.

Anyone else still watching?

I'm enjoying this season so far and actually think its the best one yet. Which is funny because Finder's Keepers was my least favorite book in the series. I think its the fact that they are only loosely following the book. They took out
    Spoiler:
    the fact of Hodges having cancer and slowing dying. Which is a good thing IMO because they could probably get a few more seasons out of this just on original content.

Adding in the whole story with Lou's trial has been really interesting and gives you something more to follow along than just the kid with the manuscripts.

I've also noticed that the actor that plays Brady hasn't been on at all this season. They keep showing someone that is supposed to be Brady dressed in his ice cream man outfit but they never show his face. Although I'm not complaining because I never really like him anyway. Mostly the character, not the actor. But I guess that's what they were going for. You know the actor is good if you can't stand the character they play.

Country
    Country Flag

Watched the first couple of episodes but have fallen behind. I'll catch up on it eventually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast