Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 book list

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It is.

For some reason I thought you had read it already. What other older ones haven't you read yet?
    Needful Things
    Dead Zone
    Dolores Claiborne
    Firestarter
    Cujo
    Thinner
    Road Work
    Rage
    Eyes of the Dragon
    The Talisman
    The Stand (need to finish this one)
    and there's a few more that are more recent.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Needful Things
    Cujo
    The Talisman
    x2
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Needful Things is the next King I want to read. Is Cujo really that good? For some reason it's been one of the last ones on my list to read. And I read about 100-150 pages of The Talisman but couldn't get into it so I put it down

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cujo is decent, but not one of my favorites. I was just surprised because it's one of King's "classics."

But Needful Things is in my top 5. I love it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Needful Things is the next King I want to read. Is Cujo really that good? For some reason it's been one of the last ones on my list to read. And I read about 100-150 pages of The Talisman but couldn't get into it so I put it down
    I read Cujo when I was much younger, it was the first novel I read in one day, it's really dark, much darker than the movie and one of my personal favs, The Talisman is a tough nut to crack but once you get going it's pretty decent I'd say

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    3. Doctor Sleep - Stephen King
    4. Revival - Stephen King
    5. A Most Haunted House - G.L. Davies
    6. Abandon - Blake Crouch
    7. Misery - Stephen King
    8. Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier (audio)
    9. Run - Blake Crouch (currently reading)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It is.

For some reason I thought you had read it already. What other older ones haven't you read yet?
    Dead Zone
    Eyes of the Dragon
    The Talisman
    These are a few of my most favorite King books. I've read Dead Zone a few times.

Also, I wish that I could forget everything I remember about the movie version of Misery so that I could read the book.

Good thing is that it's been forever since I've seen it, so all I had in my head was Kathy and James as the characters, which they worked good as. I want to rewatch the movie now. Also on a semi-related note, I think this is part of the problem I had when reading The Stand. All I could picture were the actors from the miniseries, most of which I didn't care for at all.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Good thing is that it's been forever since I've seen it, so all I had in my head was Kathy and James as the characters, which they worked good as. I want to rewatch the movie now. Also on a semi-related note, I think this is part of the problem I had when reading The Stand. All I could picture were the actors from the miniseries, most of which I didn't care for at all.

Yeah, I did the same thing when I tried to read The Stand a few years back. I got over halfway through it, but never really got hooked on it.

I may try to give Misery a shot one day. I'm sure it's great.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How is the book? There has been a paperback of it at this used book store for years. I loved the film so have been interested. I know it was a pretty successful novel.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Yeah, I did the same thing when I tried to read The Stand a few years back. I got over halfway through it, but never really got hooked on it.

I may try to give Misery a shot one day. I'm sure it's great.
    Same here. I only made it about 400 pages in and put it down. I'm determined to read it again this year though. As for Misery, I highly recommend it. The book was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

How is the book? There has been a paperback of it at this used book store for years. I loved the film so have been interested. I know it was a pretty successful novel.
    Loved it! I think you will as well. The movie was fantastic and it follows it fairly well.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Golden City - John Twelve Hawks - (3)
    2. The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice (4)
    3. Game of Thrones -George R. R. Martin (5)
    Sloth Love Chunk

1. Revival - Stephen King
    2. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    3. Ack Ack Macaque - Gareth Powell
    4. Storm Front - Jim Butcher
    5. The Secret of Spring - Piers Anthony
    6. All's Fair In Love & Seduction - Beverley Kendall (don't judge me!)
    7. Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

Country
    Country Flag

2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

2015 List:

1. Snowblind - Christopher Golden
    2. Wild - Cheryl Strayed
    3. We Are Pirates - Daniel Handler (currently reading)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

2. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    8. The Recollection - Gareth Powell

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The Talisman is a tough nut to crack but once you get going it's pretty decent I'd say
    I remember having a hard time really getting into The Talisman at first (I blame Peter Straub's ability to drone on and on about useless details). But, when I finally hit a certain mark within the book, I was hooked. It's one of my favorite King books now.

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    7. Misery - Stephen King
    9. Run - Blake Crouch
    10. The Birds - Daphne du Maurier
    11. Miramont's Ghost - Elizabeth Hall (currently reading)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

1. Falls the Shadow - Stefanie Gaither
    2. Immortal - JR Ward
    3. The Slow Regard of Silent Things - Patrick Rothfuss
    5. The Supernatural Enhancements - Edgar Cantero
    6. Burned - Karen Marie Moning
    7. Golden Son - Pierce Brown
    8. Doomed - Chuch Palahniuk
    9. The Warded Man - Peter V. Brett
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

How was Doomed Becca? I had a had time with Damned so haven't gotten to that one yet. Is it better?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How was Doomed Becca? I had a had time with Damned so haven't gotten to that one yet. Is it better?
    No, Damned was better... I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads but others weren't so kind. It's written in the form of a blog and Madison is even more annoying, if that's possible. I didn't hate it but it was far from love.

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

1. Falls the Shadow - Stefanie Gaither
    2. Immortal - JR Ward
    3. The Slow Regard of Silent Things - Patrick Rothfuss
    5. The Supernatural Enhancements - Edgar Cantero
    6. Burned - Karen Marie Moning
    7. Golden Son - Pierce Brown
    8. Doomed - Chuch Palahniuk
    9. The Warded Man - Peter V. Brett
    10. The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins

Country
    Country Flag

Is TGOTT worth all the hype? Everyone's buzzing about it and calling it the new Gone Girl.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

2. Replay - Ken Grimwood
    8. The Recollection - Gareth Powell
    9. Misery - Stephen King

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. BUTCHER'S MOON- Richard Stark
    2. FOUNDATION- Isaac Asimov
    3. FOUNDATION AND EMPIRE- Isaac Asimov
    4. UNLIMITED POWER- Anthony Robbins
    5. SECOND FOUNDATION- Isaac Asimov
    6. HOW TO WIN AT THE SPORT OF BUSINESS- Mark Cuban
    7. THE CATCHER IN THE RYE- J. D. Salinger
    8. THE LITTLE RED BOOK OF SALES- Jeffery Gitomer
    9. THE ALADDIN FACTOR- Jack Canfield
    10. THE ART OF LEARNING- Josh Waitzkin
    11. 4-HOUR WORKWEEK- Tim Ferriss
    12. 4-HOUR BODY- Tim Ferriss
    13. THE QUICK AND EASY WAY TO EFFECTIVE SPEAKING- Dale Carnegie

1. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
    2. Eerie - Blake Crouch
    7. Misery - Stephen King
    9. Run - Blake Crouch
    10. The Birds - Daphne du Maurier
    11. Miramont's Ghost - Elizabeth Hall
    12. The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson (audio)
    13. The Langoliers - Stephen King (currently reading)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast